Problem:
Altar of Rites’ Reaper node (elite packs drop one additional progress orb) node is bugged. Champions will drop 4 orbs when killed and the last minion killed will drop the extra 5th orb.
Environment: D3 x64 2.7.5.22026, PC - Windows
Steps to reproduce:
Make sure that the Reaper node (bottom left corner) is unlocked at the Altar of Rites.
Find a champion pack in a Rift / Greater Rift.
Kill the champion without killing all the minions.
The champion will drop 4 progress orbs.
Kill the remaining minions.
The last minion killed will drop the 5th progress orb.
Expected: 3. The champion will drop 5 progress orbs.
Notes:
Killing all minions first and then finishing the leader will cause it to drop 5 orbs correctly.
Blue elite packs correctly drop 4 orbs.
As noted by other players, this behaviour may be by design.
This may cause a problem for players trying to push Greater Rifts. Or any player who has the habit of killing the Boss, grabbing the Orbs and moving on to the next Elite pack.
This is broken entirely. I didn’t see any extra orb dropping, and so I went slow, killed the mobs, stopped, counted, noted and moved on.
I restarted and went back to redo my test, and there is still no extra orb. I stood back and all the mobs died, then checked over and over. Only 3 blue, 4 yellow. I kill all the mobs, so it’s not a matter of killing the pack.
TLDR: No extra progress orbs are dropping regardless if you kill the entire pack or not.
I have the same problem. No 4th orb from blues or 5th orb from yellows. Neither are dropping extra orbs no matter how many are killed. I’ve never seen this extra orb at all.
I was going to agree with the last three posts, but after I stopped very closely looking for orbs from the elites I noticed that the extra orb formed above my character’s head. Blue groups or gold champions with minions made no difference; the orb popped above my head.
If I was stationary the orb fell down and was absorbed really fast – fast enough that it was easy to miss. If I was moving fast or teleporting sometimes the orb would fall behind me and I would have to go back after it.
I was convinced that the Reaper rite was bugged, which is how I found this thread. But now I am convinced that it is working.
I am definitely not getting extra orbs. I made it a point to test the percentages and not pick up anything else. Only seeing 3 orbs for a blue pack and 4 for a yellow pack. The progress granted by the orbs is the same as always.
It seem that pets builds (Inna, Hydra, WD, etc) do not drop extra orbs when the pet gets the kill, and for other builds it drops the extra orb at your feet when you kill the last minion.
Two separate issues going on here. One is a bug, and the other is not, but they all get reported over and over again, and cross-reported between threads.
Yep. I have done a bunch more testing and it I see the extra orb if my character gets the kill (like from a conduit pylon). However, for pet builds, if the pet gets the kill, the extra orb doesn’t spawn.
I wonder if that happens with groups if the person who gets the killing blow on a pack doesn’t have Reaper node yet.