Buff gargantuan build

1–(This is the biggest issue with the build) allow the 45s cooldown on restless giant rune to be reset upon re-summoning them which is a 60s cd but gives purpose to cd and lets u set up positioning with dmg better. (this alone would bump it up 15grift lvls)
2-allow gargantuans to get bonus dmg from ring of emptiness, it adds something to do while watching ur minions attack.
3-make helltooth a 5peice set so it can wear tasker glove and mask of jeram without needed rorg ring becasue you already have to wear the gargantuan ring. this build requires so many items yet doesnt even have a weapon dedicated to it.
thoughts?

6 Likes

There are some sets that you have so many items for, you just can’t fit everything in a build.

Dosen’t Ring of Emptiness give a universal dmg buff to every skill that you use on haunted enemies? :thinking:

A weapon for garg build would be awsome. Also give Jerams bracer a DR buff per Wall of Death up to 80%.

the ring doesnt work for pet dmg i think, atleast it doesnt work for gargantuan i tested it

1 Like

RoE doesn’t work for pets, correct. At one point it would’ve made the Gargantuan build too powerful, but it could definitely use the buff now.

1 Like

Then the calculation on maxroll is bad. It counts the RoE buff in to the dmg of pets aswell.

the gargantuans do ok dmg when enraged but positioning is brutal and its even harder to position with the restlessgiant rune because they enrage with 5 monsters so i cant resummon to position or ill have to wait 45seconds for restless giant rune to proc again.

You can try using Spirit Walk with the Severance rune to run off screen and then back again. It usually will teleport all your critters to your location, but more often than not they can be a pain to manage. It’s definitely one of those WD builds that used to be top notch back in the day but haven’t kept up with the power creep.

that might work but they would still have enraged at the start of any monster engagement. this would maybe save like 10s, where as my main point would solve it entirely and bump it up like 15 grift lvls. plus the build is hella fun

I’m all for a buff to WD pet builds (other than Zuni/LoN darts.) It can be fun commanding an army. And most people opt for the Humungoid rune for that reason. The consistent cleave damage seems to be more manageable.

I usualy use spite so every garg rune gets the cleave ability, so go whit the Big Stinker, because it’s a funny name and realy like poison.

1 Like

they added a craftable offhand that gives that cleave rune like 3 seasons ago so u pre much have to take the restless giant rune. the restless giant rune gives 2times the dmg and 35%ias when proced and pre much the only time he does good dmg

1 Like

Wow, shows how much I pay attention! I play WD every season and didn’t even realize they had added the crafted offhand. Same thing happened to me last season with the Cosmic Strand offhand for Wiz. I saw it in a build and wondered why I had never seen it drop before. :joy::joy:

I agree with the idea of buffing Helltooth’s. We 've had the same old Rat runs for too many seasons now. Why not have some Garg runs or Mystic ally runs too? Wouldn’t that be awesome?

For me, the biggest issue of this build is not the damage or the numbers. These can be increased or reduced easily. AI is the main issue. Gargs and WD pets tend to have terrible AI. By making them permanently up and just using the skill to aim would solve a lot of issues not to mention that it could lead to a more active gameplay. Think of it just like the Necromancer’s Skeletons and Golem. They are up no matter what. If you die you respawn and they respawn with you. If they made it somehow that Gargs behave like the Golem and zombie dogs like skeletons i 'd give them a lot of props. At the state WD is currently, there seems to be a need of many buffs for the class.

1 Like

Yeah I would LOVE to see an active target command for pets and also have them up like Command Skeletons. Those are two of the main reasons I don’t play HT pets much. I get tired of trying to use my own movement to get my pets to attack where I want. It’s way too easy to lose control of your pets and if there’s a jailer or waller, you’re pretty screwed.

1 Like

ya typically before the restless giant rune u would just resummon them where u want and its not so bad cd wise because they kill mobs very fast and proc ur reduced cd passive. but the fact that they enrage constantly and resummoning them cancels the enrage and sets the cd at 45seconds it completely ruined the flow of summoning them where u want. its actually pretty fun summoning them and watching them clap everything, because u just position the mobs with wall of death(the push all monsters rune) and piranhas.

1 Like

Small fixes like this make a lot of sense, are easy(ish) and would please the community. Unfortunately, this is Diablo 3. We’ll get like 1% of the fixes we need.

But, too be fair, that follower buff last season was pretty nice. It was a surprise, and players were enthusiastic about it. Which I guess is why they didn’t add anything to it this season. A shame.

But this is Diablo 3.

Along the lines of other comments, targeting would help a lot by giving accuracy and efficiency. Pet autoattack builds will always have to get disproportionately big buffs so long as that’s missing.

I think that tying it to your latest Secondary or Decay skill cast, to play more specifically into the themes of both HT and Zuni, would be fun and cool.

My opinion on RoE is that it already needs to be less widespread, not more. It’s the kind of thing that’s lazy and can cause as many problems as it fixes.

Well, yes. It’s very much like Deathwish; required in every build. But at this stage, “lazy” fixes are the best we can really hope for. It is at least a fix.

1 Like

There are these 3 optins and many more. I hope this build is on their radar.

1 Like

i dont think the targeting is that bad for wd considering u can resummon them, they massive cleave, and wd has insane cd. the restless giant rune buffed the build but also caused a massive drawback that resummoning cancels the enrage and resets the cd to 45sec effectively ruining the best targeting we had. my first idea would fix that problem. sorry if i sound like a dick i just think this idea alone would make this build top tier