Broken Crown secondary works wrong

Mercenary has “Broken Crown” with an Topaz, Main Char another socketed helmet with a diamond. When there are gems dropping I get extra diamonds not Topaz as I should according to secondary power of the crown ( * Whenever a gem drops, a gem of the type socketed into this item also drops. (Emanates))

This is NOT a bug. It is working as intended.

What happens if you equip the Broken Crown in the Cube and wear a different Helm?

You CANNOT put a Gem in the Broken Crown because it’s in your Cube. Whatever Gem is in YOUR Helm that IS NOT the Broken Crown is the extra Gem that will drop.

Emanates = Extra Cube Slot

Any item that Emanates and is equipped on your Follower acts as an extra Cube Slot.

This is the problem with translating English into other languages. I can understand how this can be confusing. But, the original text was created in English (US) and translated to other languages. The Legendary Power of the Broken Crown actually says:

Whenever a gem drops, a gem of the type socketed into your helmet also drops. This effect does not apply to Legendary Gems. (Emanates)

3 Likes

I have a similar issue - mercenary with “Broken Crown” with Topaz, I am getting no extra gem drops whatsoever (my char has other helm with Amethyst socketed). Hardcore seasonal Crusader.

When the extra Gem drops, it will drop at your Character’s feet. If you’re moving too fast through an area it can be easy to miss the extra Gems. (I miss a few occasionally and only catch it if I have to double back through an area — and I know about it).

Got it! Thanks for the fast reply!

1 Like

I do believe you are correct, Perusoe! I was focusing on extra Topaz (follower helm gem) while my char had Amethyst helm gem. It does appear that I’m getting extra Amethyst drops. Thank you for explaining how the ‘Emanate’ works in this case!

1 Like

All items equipped on your Follower that Emanates work this way.

Instead of a 4th Cube Slot, it is currently possible to have up to 10 extra Cube Slots for a total of 13. (Of course, we’re limited to which items we can use).

And only the Property that Emanates is triggered by your Character. All other Properties benefit your Follower. (Not all items work on Followers).

For example: Sage’s Journey

• Only the 3-piece Bonus Emanates. So, your Character triggers the double Death’s Breaths drop.

• But, your Follower receives the 2-piece Bonus of +250 to Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence and Vitality.

From the stickied Things That Are NOT Bugs thread…