Broken crown effect not working

The gem equipped in the item Broken Crown in my character is not dropping when a gem drops.

I have equipped a Flawless Imperial Topaz, but anywhere, in a rift or outworld, when a gem drops, I don’t get the equipped gem.
I know it drops just in front of you, but it’s not happening to me.

I tried in multiplayer and solo, and neither one worked.
Also my character is seasonal.

You misunderstood the power of Broken Crown.

Whenever a gem drops, a gem of the type socketed into your helmet also drops. This effect does not apply to Legendary Gems.

It doesn’t drop the same gem you equipped; just same gem type.
You equipped a topaz, so the extra gem will be a topaz which rank is same as the gem dropped. e.g. if a Marquise Ruby is dropped, the extra gem is Marquise Topaz.

Not a bug.

3 Likes

Oh ok, so it doesn’t include the same rank.
My fault.
Thanks for the answer

In D3 the highest gems that can drop are Marquise gems and Imperial gems.
So, Flawless Imperials and higher quality gems will NEVER drop.

ok… so if i place an emerald in the broken crown… shouldnt an emerald be the extra gem that drops? because this isnt working for me… im getting anything but emeralds and thats the gem i need… im getting tons of everything else… but 0 emeralds… its like it stopped dropping those once i put one in the crown…??

also to note… the crown is on my follower… which it does stated that it emanates …

Only the power emanates. The gem in your own helmet counts.

4 Likes

Read it again - when a gem drops, a gem the same as socketed in YOUR helm also drops. Your helm, not your followers. If you have a diamond in yours, a diamond drops.

This is about the 27th post concerning the Broken Crown. It’s not broken, it’s working as intended.

p.s. - Necroing year old threads is frowned upon. Better to just start a new one.

4 Likes

In addition to the two other replies you got, I will add this…

You can use the cube (recipe # 6) to convert a stack of 9 gems to another type… for example, 9 royal diamonds to 9 royal emeralds.

4 Likes

There’s a reason we have stickied threads at the top of the forum…

2 Likes