Brainless T16 rift/bounties build?

Hi all!

I always main a different class every season, and for S18 I chose Wizard.

I am playing Vyr/Chantodo’s for everything, but for T16 rifts/bounties it takes a lot of effort/preparation to speed content compared to other classes (e.g. WW barb, UE DH, etc).

Are there any brainless/smash buttons and run builds for Wizard?

Also, I’d love to see any Wizard build that doesn’t use Archon too… 99% of the builds I find use it, and it gets a little boring after only using it…

LoN/LoD Frozen Orb.

Something like this: https://www.d3planner.com/334296360

Note that I have three variants there:

1. LoD + Avarice + SoJ + Broken Crown + lots of gold find for vaults
  2. LoD + Avarice + SoJ + Nemesis Bracers for T16 rifts
  3. LoN + Warzechian’s + Pride’s Fall for bounties.

I find Halo of Karini is pretty essential for toughness, so using LoN vs. LoD basically comes down to whether or not you need additional ring slots on top of Karini. You can either run LoN rings with Karini cubed to free up a gem slot, or run LoD to free up two ring slots on top of Karini (Avarice + SoJ are good options here) at the cost of a gem slot.

You don’t have to copy those exactly, you can find something that works for you with the gear you have. If you don’t have an ancient Pride’s Fall with good stats, Leoric’s Crown works fine, still gives you a little more RCR (with a Topaz socketed) for more teleports and more orbs.

1 Like

I like the LoD Explosive Blast. Seems a lot more powerful than the Tal version.

The Pants show as WD pants … is that correct?

Yeah. You use them for the extra 20% cold damage, since there aren’t really any other good pants to slot in that benefit the build.

If you don’t have those pants, you can just use any ancient pants with int/vit/armor/2 sockets, and maybe with some secondary resistance and gold find or pickup radius. I don’t have a WD this season so that’s what I’m doing. In non-season where I have a few pairs of good Swamp Land Waders I use those.

Thanks this looks like a fun alternative to Vyr/Archon.

Ty all for the replies!
I’ll try the LoD Frozen Orb, looks really good and have good mobility aswell.

From the S16 I was experimenting with LoN and wanted to have a good speed farming build for T16 rifts and bounties. After some time I came up with a build I like a lot. Funny thing - its very efficient for speed T16s and bounties, had some fun competing with UE Dhs, because this thing moves even faster than UE MS Dhs and Monks. But clears full screen not as efficiently (but comes very close).

Gear:
Helm: Andariel´s Visage with 20% fire damage and 15% meteor damage or any other Helm with 15% meteor damage.
Torso: Cindercoat
Belt: Withcing Hour
Pants: Swamp Land Waders with Fire damage
Feet: Nilfur´s Boast
Shoulders: Mantle of Channeling
Hands: Magefist
Weapon: Deathwish or Aether walker, whichever had the best stats
Off-Hand: Etched Sigil with Meteor damage
Amulet: Squirts Neclace
Wrists: Nemesis or Ashnagarr´s Blood Bracer (with fire damage)
Rings: Halo of Karini, Convention of Elements and Manand Heal (cube the worst).
Kanai´s Cube: Aether Walker or Deathwish; Hergbrash´s Binding; CoE/MH/Halo of Karini.

Skills:
Familiar - Arcanot
Magic Weapon - Deflection
Storm Armor
Meteor-Meteor Shower
Teleport - Wormhole
Arcane Torrent - Static Discharge (does lots of damage combined with meteor shower)

Passives:
Galvanizing Ward
Power Hungry
Paralysis
Unwavering Will

Gems:
Zei´s Stone of Vengeance
Taeguk/BoTT
LoD

How to play: just teleport and kill everything (only use Teleport and Arcane torrent. That´s all, 2 buttons). Teleport is almost infinite, you benefit from CoE on Lightning (MH) and Fire (Nilfur´s Boast, meteors) so almost every elite is 1 shot, RGs also die very quickly. Really good for T16 bounties.

Also seems to be good for speed GRs up to 80-85. Had no problem doing GR95 with this farming build with 0 deaths (@paragon 750).

Try it out. You will probably have a lot of fun. Now almost every wiz is Vyr so if you want something different and fast - give this one a shot. I found it to be noticeably faster for bounties than any Archon variant and easier to play than any Frozen Orb build.

1 Like

@TinneOnnMuin:
Thanks for posting your LoD/LoN FO gold find setups. I meant to reply ages ago and save a link to your post. So better late than never.
:smile:

I think 1k+ is more than enough to play most speed builds, so you are good to go.

If you are too lazy to manage triumvirate stacks, a simple chantodo vyr build with messerschmidt in cube and squirt/avarice/whatever ring (zodiac not needed) is really fast. With 1-2 chantodo stacks you one-shot everything (probably 3-4 post nerf) and MSR takes care of instant resets. I even use it for bounties now, without aether walker and I have zero downtime (although zodiac is needed in bounties, just in case archon falls off)

If you have all the pieces and the LoD gem at max, you can do T16 bounties and Rifts quite efficiently at paragon 700. At paragon 1k and like 5-6 Caldessans you can do speed 90s and will 1shot a lot in T16 bounties and Rifts.

My wife likes this build quite a bit. She was able to do gr104 (1st try, no deaths) with zero augments and one non ancient piece of gear when only paragon 800 with the slower, damage variant of the build (Deathwish instead of Aether Walker).

I can help you get the gear if you want. MrMakarov#1779

All D3 builds are brainless tf you talking about