Boulder Toss Missing

I know I’m late to the season but I’ve been playing around with the Raekor’s Boulder Toss build courtesy of IcyVeins. It’s working for the most part but I’ve been seeing something odd. Most of the time, the rock goes wherever my mouse is and does its thing. Other times it just sort of… misses.

Sometimes it’ll land right on top of a mob and not do anything, especially with jumpy trash (even if they’re frozen with the Charge). I had this happen with Winged Assassin 5 times in a row this morning before I gave up and moved on. Other times, it’ll just get yeeted off the screen without doing anything. This is mostly when I’m aiming at something close to the edge (but it doesn’t always happen then).

Anyone have any ideas on why? My first thought was lag/latency but its only happening with Boulder Toss; nothing else is behaving oddly at all.

I’ve noticed both those cases as well. For instances where the mob is closer to you, the non split seems to happen almost entirely when the mob is moving, whether that’s performing a special animation, like leaping, or just running around.

I’m not sure why throwing at distant mobs sometimes throws the boulder past the edge of the screen…

Odd; if you’re seeing it too for no discernible reason it might just be some bug tied to its weird physics then. Thanks.

I thought I had lost my touch playing reakor after taking a break to farm paragons on my monk, but it turned out there was a dead zone on my mouse that created a loosey goosey spot. It was subtle, but once I changed out the mouse the problem went away.