Bots and maphack

Will blizzard be able to keep out the cheaters? Bots and maphack really does take out a lot of the fun in the game, and even decreases the length of seasons by messing up the values of items etc. Also hope they somehow can keep out real money trading, like D2Jsp.

Please, no bots.

With the game being moved over to modern Battle.net servers, that opens up the doors to more effective cheating countermeasures. I just hope they use them much more frequently than they did with the original game.

7 Likes

And more frequently than they do now.

D2 items and bots just got revived.

With the game being moved over to modern Battle.net servers, that opens up the doors to more effective cheating countermeasures.

^ This.

We can never guarantee this migration will be an impenetrable way to counter hackers, cheaters, or botters; but it should help mitigate these issues significantly. Great question, Floonyloo.

15 Likes

They Just need an SSF mode, then the cheat bots can go wild and who cares.

1 Like

Umm, what? Do you want to think about that reply some more, or do you enjoy the taste of your own foot in your mouth?

The vast, vast majority of players in Diablo play Co-op. The spirit of the game heavily emphasizes team play. Cheating and duping ruins the game for the vast majority of that majority. SSF doesn’t even come close to being a viable solution. It’s not even a solution, period.

I’ve thought about it plenty. I’ve played D2 over the course of 20 years. If people are going to continue to cheat and break a 20 year old game, and put hordes of effort into this, Blizzard can’t stop them. But if they offer SSF mode, at least that will be unaffected by the rest of the scum.

You can stick your own foot in your mouth, there is no need to be toxic.

2 Likes

Okay, I think I see the issue. you’re talking about the 20 year old game, right? Not D2R. I was aghast someone would actually think SSF would fix cheating in D2R. My first (and second) responses were far less constructive.

Yeah, I don’t care about cheating in vanilla D2. That horse is beaten to a bloody pulp and then been corpse exploded.

1 Like

D2R is still the 20 year old game with changes laid on top of it. Do you honestly think they are going to put a ton of resources to stay on top of cheating when they can’t even solve it for Diablo 3?

But, did you even read my reply? I just can’t even. I literally can’t even. I’m gonna leave the thread before I get thrown out :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes. They are charging $40+ to play this game. It will sell millions if not tens of millions of copies. And I wouldn’t be surprised if they have stash space for sale via micros.

They are definitely going to put resources towards anti-cheating.

1 Like

Oh, thank god. I still have trouble thinking anyone could legitimately think blizzard could spend millions of dollars on remastering Diablo 2, only to say “here’s SSF, we solved the cheating problem! Buy D2R!”

I’m still sort of aghast.

It looks like D2R would be the new anti-bot testing ground for D4. Well, its pure launch state won’t last for long for sure…

It seems that’s what they’d test themselves with D2R.

Like the ones that did such a stellar job in D3? Those?

The entire Asia region - aka Bot Central - is laughing at you.

3 Likes

What about Consoles? Will Seasons on D2:R be “online only” to avoid the issue with D3 and offline and exploiting?

No, the botters always win in the end…

1 Like

With unrestricted trade credit card warriors thrive and you can’t do anything with that.

I found that very ironic.

Of course there is no NEED to be toxic. But life is not about NEEDS, is it?

1 Like

So, does that include characters to be persistent? That chars are not deleted after x time inactivity?

They cant even detect and punish maphack users in D3, I doubt they’d do a better job in D2R. This is a simple problem too, the creator of THUD even stated that he’d shut down production and quit making updates if Blizzard sent him a notice to stop. It’s been like how many years now? 2+? 3+? They cant even send one email to stop cheating in D3 lol. The Diablo team needs to do a better job to implement a better anti-cheat program to detect cheaters and ban them faster.

1 Like