Add Anti-Cheat VS Botters/MHers/Scripts/Etc

I am not very hopeful they can do anything about bots and probably not map hack either.

There are bots on wow and Diablo 3 which also run on modern battle.net

They might be able to control dupes, though.

5 Likes

If the anti-cheat is well designed enough it would be fine I’m sure. I don’t think adding code to a list every time it’s already been used up would be very efficient for a release like this. ahem warden ahem. That’s the whole reason why bots keep being usable because of this system. Not to mention it can be ran externally. If I REALLY had to suggest something, maybe make something on the level of something like XignCode but without the gross nuances of it.

Keep in mind that the bots that exist for diablo 2 right now work in a specific way where they integrate directly with d2 via dll injection. That’s not going to work in Resurrected, so if there will be bots it won’t be for quite a while as the developers of the bots and any other exploits will need to completely rework them. Most of the bots these days that are able to bypass restrictions don’t integrate directly with the game, they just scan what’s happening on screen and issue mouse and keyboard commands to the game. As such they are more complex to code. So will it be bot free forever? Chances are that no, it won’t, but I would wager that it will be quite a while before any really usable bots end up getting released for it. The online item sale market is largely what drives the demand for bot development. Where there’s money to be made the sky is the limit in terms of what can be developed.

1 Like

I don’t think they will spend even more efforts than wow to fight bots in D2R, so bots are inevitable in my eye.

Maphack is needed to modernize the product I feel. Because the technology in the past could not account for a decent navigation system.

Hshahahaha. Cheats are necessary you say? Classic cheat user in D2.

The game fun in D2 evolves arround RANDOM dungeons. Random…!

You simply kill the essence of the gane with that. I love the random game design. You level and and do quests together and have to find the exit with teamwork.

Then a cheater comes along all the time and be like „I am a hack user, come this way“. Instantly killed the fun and immersion.

Stay away from the game. Accept the terms of agreement and play the game the D2 devs wanted you to enjoy it.

End of rant

9 Likes

The whole point of the maps being random is so that you don’t know where everything and each map is unique to the rest. The maphack just defeats that purpose and gives a complete unfair advantage.

3 Likes

Everything I heard so far about D2R is fantastic. If they could get rid of all cheats, bots and dupes this would be a dream, the game would be so great again. Sure you may have to extend ladder to 6 month instead the currently planned 3 month season to allow people with lesser playtime to get ladder rune words in given time.
But all the uniques and medium rune words will come back… not everybody just having BiS gear after 8-12 weeks!

The spirit of the game is just broken by bots.

Currently saying: Your Barb has no Eni ?? Pahhh
Will be saying: Hell yeah he has an Eni <3

1 Like

If they reduce ladder seasons to 3 months then it’s clearly only worth playing by tryhards and hardcore fans. To me even 6-7 months was scarce to get best in slot gear for a character.

This will just further encourage botting and hacks which will just make things even worse…

1 Like

Hacks will be gone for the most part. No idea how they wanna keep bots out though.

Let’s see what we get but if there are no bots and let’s hope there are no bots it will take a long time for players like me to get high runewords.
Personally I would prefer that all runewords could be done in and outside the season/ladder so people who have less time can also reach the BiS gear after the time they need…

Not because I used bots but because trade price will raise

You will be able to injec code in the .exe in D2R too no worry xD watch WoW bot… The way they are woking agaisnt bot in D2R is the same way as WoW do. We will probably have a report feature so for sure it wont be a blatent problem as in D2:LoD. (so like no bot in public game doing ball run for ever). But there will be bot in private game for sure. The thing is with the new Bnet 2.0 which i imagine has pretty good A.I for pattern recongnition they will stop them faster. xD

Crafted gear and ladder only runewords are the exclusivity of ladder. If they take that away then it makes ladder characters almost redundant. Only those who want to chase lvl 99 #1 will play it, and online community will die. How many people want to chase 1st lvl99? Maybe 1%?

They should make ladder seasons a year long, because few months is not enough unless you invest 60 hours a week into this game. 3 months ladders? No chance, that’s like 80+ hours per week to get bis gear.

Well I read this on pcgames, don’t know where they got that info from:

“ Diablo 2: Resurrected will come with full Battle.net support, and Blizzard also wants to offer a revised ranking system including Seasons. The game will also be playable offline, you only have to activate your version once via Battle.net.

Update: More info about multiplayer, characters, import and much more

The lobby and the game browser have been greatly improved
Thanks to Battle.net, everyone now plays together on global servers, there are no divisions into regions
Seasons in Diablo 2 lasted 6 months, in Diablo 2: Resurrected they will be much shorter
Blizzard does not plan to offer rewards for Seasons. Instead, the leaderboards can now be filtered better, so you will be seen better if you have reached level 99 with a class. Each Season ladder is to be saved permanently, so you can immortalize yourself in a way.
Characters no longer expire and do not need to be renewed, they remain permanently active thanks to Battle.net
Duplicate names will be allowed in the remaster, through Gamertag and Battle.net ID you should still be able to distinguish and identify yourself
Due to the modern Battle.net with its relatively high security, duping and bots should be avoided as far as possible. Offline characters cannot be played online.
Old characters from Diablo 2 or Lord of Destruction cannot be imported or taken over. If you want to play Diablo 2: Resurrected, you will have to start a new hero.”

That is false man if you dont trade and just wait until you mfed ur hole set. YES it can take even longer even a year to get BiS gear at 80hr per week. But truth is TRADING EXIST so i will explain it to you. You M-F with a Blizzard Sorc in Ancient tunnel Kuast bazzard / Lower City run. You get high level Unique and High Runes and you will see ALOT OF THEM now you have two choise
1: you trade the gear and rune to get what you need / want
2: you do the Rune Word Lottery < what i always do Example : You make a PB greif it proc 40/400 Omg you just got urself 20 to 40 High rune just for that…
3: you trade the gear you Got MFing knowing thier market vallue and try to have a profit.

That how you play diablo 2 man

1 Like

3 months isn’t enough for me to get a sorc up and running with mf gear, level up another char and spam runes and uniques until.I can trade all that to get bis gear.

2 Likes

You can still play non ladder… Ladder is a competition so to be competitive you have to play alot and you know with shorter ladder season you will have ladder runeword in no time too :slight_smile:

Can you bumb my guide :slight_smile:

They have anti-cheat already its called warden. We don’t need more invasive crap scanning our pcs.

Why do you suggest blizz/orb sorc for as a starter? It sucks in Hell due to cold immunes. Pala is a better first character to farm hell. You can later go for sorc with gear.