Borders for ancient items?

Is it cheating if they don’t ban for it? Or are you assuming that mods are cheating since you can use hundreds of mods on every other game like league, wow, cs…

It’s idiotic to assume something is not cheating just because bans haven’t been issued for it. The use of TurboHUD is 100% against the terms of service. Using it is a bannable offense.

In my opinion advocating the use of TurboHUD should be punishable as well.

3 Likes

But you aren’t banned for it, so there goes that…
My point is, most of the mods you use over many games such as overwolf, turbohud and damage meter aren’t against tos.
It’s just your assumption that any kind of advantage is a cheat.
Botting is cheating

TurboHUD displays things that are obscured from the player by design. That violates ToS by giving an advantage other don’t have. As such it is 100% cheating.

Again that’s your assumption, nobody has been banned for turbohud in over 4 years.
Turning on colour blind mode gives advantage to see in game, especially in eternal woods with the massive haze you can barely see in.
What about using number pad lock to cast skills over n over without pressing it.
Simple minds get so effected when they feel left behind when there are so many ways to enhance and get that min max adv.
Should we make every setting in the game a static value and unable to change, what about someone who has an ultra wide like mine. I can see more sideways than a standard panel and I can dash and teleport to further places that standard screens can reach?

A reminder:

The official stance is that it gives an unfair advantage and should not be used. Again, just because bans haven’t been issued means nothing, the use of TurboHUD is still cheating.

3 Likes

Numlock + wide screen are quite bad examples.
TOS says it’s illegal to use external stuff. But widescreen support is actually built-in D3 feature. And numlock can be considered also built-in feature since it’s part of most PC keyboards and Blizzard has made numlock to work in a certain way in the game from the very start → it’s received to D3 like any other keypress without any external automation.

Color blind mode example i’m not commenting.

1 Like

Ok let’s go with maxroll as an idea then.
You can have a third party site remind you a ding a CoE timer (lol funny)
You can outsource builds and mechanics in the planner that will tell you 100s of things that aren’t built into the game, such as what’s addative, what frames you need and other info that you can’t get in game.

That’s like asking if burglary is still a crime if you don’t get caught and sent to prison.
Yes, it’s still cheating, even if you’re not caught / punished.

3 Likes

Not this again… yes, it is against the rules. It doesn’t matter if you actually get punished, it is still against the rules. So it is cheating.

And you are using a weird example by bringing up mods in other games (Are those kind of things allowed/possible in D3?) since firstly who cares if those mods are punished in other games when we are talking about this one and also in some games mods are fine.

There is an exception to that idea when it is some archaic law that was just never removed from the books like those “You can shoot a Welshman with a crossbow but only in the town square in the chest and only on a Sunday” kind of rules which are also left in in part because other laws overwrite them.

My idea with maxroll’s CoE timer is that since it is technically another program that doesn’t have anything to do with the game at all it can’t really be banned. It would be like saying you can’t listen to youtube videos while playing, it is just a browser running a thing. But with that being said, come on we all know what it is, it is just a way to not break the rules and still doing something that we aren’t really supposed to. I don’t think people should use it, whether it is against the rules or not.

The rest you mention is just dumb man… you are saying a resource that shares information isn’t right. You could apply that to regular build guides or people telling each other GR strategies on which monsters are worth the trouble.

And lighting settings or widescreen etc are also not the same since it is a feature in the game. Obviously if they allow a range on a setting they are saying that entire range is acceptable.

1 Like

I made clan, even tho i play solo. Whenever i use Cain’s book to apprise items, all items are instantly written in chat. I quickly check them, looking for double (ancient) or triple (primal) brackets <>. It helps.

1 Like

Yeah, but all of that information can be obtained by testing in game.

I have a giant D3 spreadsheet I’ve been maintaining for myself since well before d3planner and maxroll existed.

I have a full paragon table in there and my own paragon calculator. I also manually tabulated XP from over 1000 rifts and I used that to make a calculator for figuring out how much XP/hour I can get running x GR tier at y speed.

I’ve spent tons of hours testing additive/multiplicative damage mechanics and worked that into my own calculations.

I’ve spent tons of hours going through frame by frame recordings to figure out breakpoint mechanics of different skills and built my own breakpoint calculators.

I have my own stat calculator to figure out damage/toughness optimization with different stat rolls on gear.

It’s basically everything d3planner does, just not nearly as convenient. The point is, you don’t need d3planner to get that information (and d3planner is actually sometimes wrong about certain niche mechanics). It’s all obtainable in game without reading from game memory. It might be more tedious, sure, d3planner makes that stuff way more convenient. But all that information existed prior to d3planner. There were big post threads on the forums where people would make lists of additive vs. multiplicative multipliers from in-game testing etc.

It’s really not the same as HUD.

You can’t do in game testing to see unrevealed pylons before you explore that part of the map (you might know the pylon spawn locations really well and know, based on your progression, that there is a good chance there is a pylon there, but you can’t actually know for sure that it’s there and what pylon it actually is until you uncover it), you can’t tell which elites are just off the edge of the screen if they aren’t in visible range, you can’t tell whether items are ancient or not before ID’ing without reading from game memory.

The thing that makes it questionable is the reading from game memory to give you information you can’t otherwise obtain part.

4 Likes

Yes… it’s still cheating… It provides beneficial information you otherwise would not have. The key factor here is that its against TOS. In games like WoW and addons such as DBM/Recount/Skada/etc… they’re not against TOS.

T-HUD is 100% cheating. If blizzard actually banned people for it, the game would be in an infinitely better state than it has been this past decade and would’ve never become the elitist-fest that it became.

You suggested people download and use it, and blizzard removed your comment… you don’t wonder why that is?

I have 0 issues seeing anything within the game.

The numlock feature is baked into the game, if they wanted to disable it, they could.

You say “simple minds” but don’t know the difference between “affected/effected”? Weird… it would be *affected here.

Nobody feels “left behind” by not using T-HUD. It’s called self-respect, and they have it. Making excuses for using T-HUD, because you’re not good enough or smart enough to do your own chores, is just sad.

T-HUD does not make you better than anyone else, it just makes you someone who needs to cheat to be at the same level as those who don’t cheat because you can’t get to that level naturally yourself.

Still hold my rank 1s throughout the seasons without turbohud.
Season 16-17-18.
Never said I use it, I just stated that it isn’t bannable to use.
You can have whatever self respect you want, each to their own but don’t push your own self righteous ways on others, everyone has their choice to seek advantages in life whether it be work, money, games etc.

1 Like

You realize we can check, right? Which I just did… both seasonal regular & seasonal hardcore. Across all classes, you’re not rank 1 on any of them for Seasons 16/17/18.

You don’t use it…? but you’re completely aware of every feature it has? and advocate it’s use to other players?
I completely believe you :wink: :wink: And it is a bannable offense, blizzard just doesn’t ban people for using it for some reason they’ve never clarified.

My own self-righteous ways? You mean FOLLOWING THE RULES OF THE GAME YOU’RE PLAYING?! if that’s self-righteousness? Your morals/ethics are bottom tier… because following the rules is the absolute bare minimum.

1 Like

Season 17 3s I ended up 4th next to botters only cuz we didn’t push last second on the season, we left earlier. Same as my Necro solo push was beaten by my own clan mate as a joke lol.
I know and play with most of the leaderboard holders and know who bots :laughing:.
I know a lot about turbohud because it’s very easy to search up and see, since killerjohn had it for free and then sold the program to tyreal in ros-b.ot lol now you need to pay for that version.

From borders to Thud to botters just other day on the D3 forum.

3 Likes

I needed to quote this because a simple like was not enough for what your great post deserves. I would quote the whole thing cause it was just perfect but this was my favourite part so should do.

Well done.

1 Like

so… not rank 1’s?

So you associate with botters and cheaters? Cool?

Because you use it… you wouldn’t be taking such a strong stance if you didn’t. That would be purely illogical.