Borders for ancient items?

Is there any way we could get borders for ancient items like how primals have a red border? Having to hover over all legendaries to see if they are ancient or not is a big time-waste and makes salvaging take longer than it already takes with legendaries and set items. Would be a very nice (and probably easy to implement) quality of life change.

5 Likes

They already have one - orange. No border = regular legendary, orange border = ancient legendary, red border = primal ancient legendary. It also reads as such in the item description.

2 Likes

OP’s talking about seeing the border without hovering over the item. Only primals show a border in that case.

4 Likes

I mean without having to hover over them. Primals are viewable as primals in your inventory without hovering over them.

2 Likes

Gotcha. You have to click 'em to salvage (you’ll see it then), so doubt they’ll go to the trouble of changing it.

Players have been asking for years to put some sort of marker (or lock them, somehow) on items that are part of saved armory builds and they haven’t done that, so…

the thing is that primals can be known before identifying items while ancients cant

2 Likes

I’m with you on this. It’s something I too have thought about and it seems like something that either it wasn’t thought of, or just overlooked. I do hope this thread gains some attention because the benefits would be quite refreshing. #AncientItemsBorderColorPlease

1 Like

Actually when you are in the late game stage during seasons and don’t want to pick up every single legendary, it could be cool to have a bright orange beam for ancients or something to distinguish it. Then you could just pick up the orange and red beams ignoring everything else. lol

But honestly, I don’t care, I just pick it all up and salvage. Its nice to have lots of souls.

What’s really bad is that I got a Primal Puzzle ring the other night. And I really don’t want to burn it for a vault. LMAO

2 Likes

The borders should be in dispute and any attempts by an item to cross them leads to an interventory issue which may then need first nation arbitration in the form of “we’ll just take it.” So, you know, don’t go dragging one ancient over another… that stuff belongs in a museum!

1 Like

Yes. Plus 1000000 to this. I don’t want to look at non ancients at all from some point in the season. It is so tediuos to hover over everything, it is not fun at all

1 Like

They could add a small sparkling effect to the beam, kind of like how Borderlands 3 does to differentiate normal and anointed items. Just making the beam brighter is not really good way to differentiate ancients from regular legendaries.

2 Likes

dismantle all leg which are not ancient unlock after gr 120 solo ! + extra beam and borders !

2 Likes

While changing beams, make the pretty red beam for primals, green for primal set items.

D3 is eol now. Do not expect many changes, updates etc.

They may make an update to d3 at s28’s end, but that is it.

Until they release some kind of of remastered update that is. Then things are possible again.

I’ll most likely buy that. An expansion too btw. Also not gonna happen in the foreseeable future…

1 Like

I tell people all the time you never ever have enough mats. I have watch new people dropping them on the ground. I wait if nobody wants them I pick them up. Like you said you never have enough soul.

I have had like 6 of them through all my accounts. I have use some of them and every one was worse then a ancient ring.

IMO, It’s a bad idea to distinguish a legendary object from an ancient legendary object.

Why? Because some legendary are more efficient than an ancient. Like some ancient are more efficient than a primal.

If your idea was applied, many players would miss very good items, because:
“Not ancient? Ok, salvage”.

Until p1500, I used a non-ancient Traveler’s Pledge, 10% CHC, 100% CHD.

1 Like

Eh, after a while during a season, every normal item is just insta-salvage for me. I don’t even look at them anymore.

And I have everything in non-season as Ancient or better, so no sense in keeping any normal items for transfer.

1 Like

It’s the key.

There are some “new” players who prefer have a bad ancient than a good non-ancient.
Or a bad primal than a good ancient.

I never understood why.

And when you discuss with these players, the answer is:
- It’s an ancient/primal!
- Ok but your item isn’t efficient…

- 5 minutes later -

- I’m less efficient than 10 minutes ago, why?!
- …

1 Like

With the obvious exception of Augments and LoD/LoN right?

1 Like

“download this cheating software that people should actually be banned for” :roll_eyes:

Nope. You have to hover over those too in order to see the red border. Trust me, I know. You don’t necessarily have to ID them, but you do have to hover over them at least once or else they retain the “new” item highlight until you do so.

2 Likes