Bones of Rathma - Feedback & Suggestions

Plus there is no spot for it on the current META bar, and it’s damage is extremely situational.

I agree that, currently, Bone Spirit damage and gameplay are not on par with Army of the Dead.

Using Bone Spirit is simply a question of either excluding Army of the Dead, or keep it for bosses. Depends on intrinsic characteristics of the skill : damage, speed, etc.

It surely needs improvements.

I had created a topic with proposing changes to the set as well. While some of the changes you propose seem interesting I don’t see them going that far in changes. My proposed changes are as follows:

Bones of Rathma 2-Piece Set:** Your minions reduce the cooldown of Army of the Dead by 1 second each time they deal damage. Your skeletal warriors spawn faster, and your revived minions no longer expire.

Bones of Rathma 4-Piece Set:** Your minions no longer take damage. You gain 1% damage reduction for 15 seconds each time one of your minions deal damage. Maximum of 75 stacks.

Bones of Rathma 6-Piece Set:** Bone Spirit increases the damage of Each Active Minion and Army of the Dead by X% for X seconds

I also proposed that Defiler Cuisses would instead increase the damage of Army of the Dead when casting Bone Spirit.

Lastly I proposed to increase the damage that Fate’s Vow gives you and also gives you the Death Valley Rune as well as the Unconventional Warfare Rune.

Generally I more or less left the set as is but changed what fueled the sets damage. Since Bone Spirit is an underwhelming ability and doesn’t feel as if it has a place in the set by making this change it would have a place and a use also it would be similar to that of Zunimassa’s set where using mana spenders increased damage for WD pets.

One change you proposed that I do really like is to Bonds of C’Lena. I feel that the damage increase shouldn’t come from AOTD but from your minions. That is a good change for sure.

1 Like

People are complaining -at reason- that Bone Spirit is useless.
But they don’t want Bone Spirit to boost Army of the Dead, because Army of the Dead is already top notch on leaderboards.

They don’t want Bone Spirit to be a booster, they want Bone Spirit to be boosted.

They want to make direct damage with Bone Bone Spirit.

One solution is to boost somehow Bone Spirit and de-entangled it from Army of the Dead, so people can choose their playstyle.

Its sad honestly because I feel that Bone Spirit doesn’t belong in this set. It really should have been added into Inarius or Masquerade. In fact when Masquerade was first announced people were disappointed that it wasn’t a revive set or that it included Bone Spirit as it was two skills never used.

I feel that Bone Spirit was just thrown into this set honestly and its going to be here to stay. So yes getting something out of bone spirit would be nice. I would love a bone spirit build on its own I just feel that if that is the case it doesn’t belong in the Rathma set. The Rathma set should be pet based and frankly should capitalize on AOTD since it was also an underused skill that now finally has a place.

Another thing they could do however is similar to that of Masquerade’s 6 pc bonus. They could have it so that Each minion empowers AOTD by 1000% as normal but for Bone Spirit double or triple the bonus. Then change how Bond of C’Lena works with your proposal as that makes 100% more sense for that item.

Yes, so true !

I feel the same. Bone Spirit should have its own set.

Just like Bone Spear did not belong to Pestilence.
Now look at Bone Spear, it has its own Masquerade Set.

How I wanted the necro sets to be would be as follows:

Masquerade - Bone Spear build
Inarius - Bone Spirit / Bone Armor Build
Rathma - Pet, Revive and AOTD Build (utilizing curses possibly as a damage boost)
Pestilence - Corpse explosion Build
Trang’ouls - Nova build.

Sadly this is not the case haha… it’ll be interesting to see what they do to change Rathma with Bone Spirit. As of right now sadly its underwhelming still and also not being used.

It can work as of today, but Inarius having a limited range, it reduces the potential of Bone Spirit, which is more like a missile.

It can work as of today, but we can do so much better:

1 Like

Not true , most people want minions to do damage . We have enough caster set as is… It is the pet set…

But not by using Bone Spirit

I agree, i would rather use a scala of curses to buffs the pets direct (set bonus) and indirectly(curse specific)

One glaring problem with your idea is it involves your character death to reset minions. That just doesn’t work for HC.

Update :
If you unequip Set bonus, it will let minions expire.

Pretty sure if you un-equip something in a GR, you can NOT re-equip it until the GR is done. I know that is how it works with potions since your potion occasionally can be dropped if you misclick near it and once you pick it up, it sits in your stash until you kill the RG.

I didn’t even know you can unequip inside a GR.
I thought in D3 your skills/equipment must be stable during a GR.
That said I don’t see any imperious reason to unequip inside a GR ?

There is a bug regarding potions that it can drop from your inventory sometimes, even in a GR. That is why I pointed it out when you said to un-equip a set piece to reset your minions if needed. I’m not sure if you can remove a set piece during a GR and I am almost certain that you could not re-equip it during the GR.

1 Like

There is currently a bug with this set where when you change floors the mages disappear even if you just summoned them. This would make that much worse.

Personally I think the set is fine as it is. It just needs a little tweaking damage wise (it’s a tad OP). Once you run it with the right set of skills, it’s pretty fun and pretty smooth, and still isn’t a one button wonder build, because you need to keep the mages up and swing your scythe to generate essence to do so.

Well if you add Poison Revive, it is even a 3 buttons build.
Defense by fear, I’d say.
But on long runs I felt some finger fatigue.

Has it been reported somewhere ?
Bugs should be processed as what they are, bugs, and should not impact proposed changes. Unless the bug is a feature, but from what I understand it is probably not the case.

Personally, I was tired of the constant connection to Mages and Simulacrum and was looking forward to a shift in style. That being said, Bone Spirits just don’t fit for reasons already explained.

Yeah in this proposal Simulacrum can be used to do damage

• Reservoir for Army of the Dead and Bone Spirit
  • Blood and Bone for Bone Spirit (which is a Bone & Blood skill)

But you can also use Simulacrum as a Rathma’s shield trigger.
A Rathma’s shield trigger for a Bones of Rathma’s player. Logic.

Suggestion added, as it optimizes the usage of the Blighted Grasp and Dead Storm runes, as well as zone damage for trash monsters.