Bone ringer nerf too much

It was that bone ringer stacked skeleton damage forever but the nerf to it this patch has bought it back to 1 minute and that’s too little time.
Now blizzard, you state that bone ringer was not meant to stack 5 plus minutes by staying commanded on the 1 monster, while I do agree with that. The nerf has been too great, the solo build especially has been pulled back close to 20 GR levels.

I suggest you re think the nerf to around 2 minutes of stacking, being bought back to 1 minute after being unhappy that it’s being used over 5 minutes is a puzzling train of thought on your behalf.

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t find Thorns Necromancer an engaging playstyle and for me personally, nerfing it into the ground suits me just fine. But to each their own.

Exactly, each to their own. I get that it needed a nerf but unlike other sets that may lose a half dozen GR levels with a nerf this one has really hit the build hard to the point where the item may as well not be in the game, they should rename it Blackthornes bone ringer.

1 Like

Necro offhands are mostly stat sticks with few exceptions.

Since Bone Ringer always rolls with Crit Chance, it tends to be the easiest to get good rolls on as a “Stat Stick”.

Well, if having skeletons commanded on one target for over 5 minutes was an issue, then they should’ve just shifted “time” into “damage”, meaning, instead of having 30% damage increase every second, make it 60-120% damage increase per second and add a cap like it is now. So it would still be a nerf to top damage, but buff to time in which it would ramp up.
Old: 30% x 300s = 9000% dmg increase.
New: 120% x 60s = 7200% dmg increase.

Thoughts?

My thoughts exactly, 60 seconds at a higher damage level would give you enough time to command on a different target from mob to mob.
ie more engaging playstyle.