Bolas can use a boost

Has a lot of potential IMO, but both items can’t match what the Hungering quiver brings to the table.

Maybe raise damage bonus to bolas 50-100 on each item. Still less damage than a decent NCS, but will encourage people to use the use the new items.

2 Likes

Bolas will get plenty of action.

But at this stage it looks like it’s going to be for t16 farming/bounties.

Another problem lies in not being able to equip Oddessy’s End. Not only does HA:DA do a lot more damage, but it’s boosted again by this.

Hopefully they tweak the numbers on the bow/quiver somewhat. It’s rediculously fun to play.

Bolas bow/quiver need to be 600% each, I can barely do GR125 with them.

Item upgrades are precious, they come like once a year, per class and should not be wasted on impotent builds In a tier already deemed ‘needing improvement’. GoD6 Bolas is exactly as strong as M6 Cluster Bombs.

If the patch notes say Bolas is getting upgraded, we all expect GR135+ output — not a T16 farmer. Leaving Bolas as is would be disappointing and pointless, especially when Hungering Arrow does T16 just as well.

2 Likes

I think Bola + Entangling are meant for support DH, while Hungering is for RGK.

DH will get lotsa party invites in S21.

1 Like

I agree! And GR125 is only obtainable if you are one of the top 2% players who reach paragon 4500+ in a season!

Couldn’t have said it better! Show some love for the Bolas!

GoD HA dmg is pretty low for RGK imo, and i am not sure how zdh would even work, given the support tools DH has…

you take 30% more dmg than zbarb and zmonk, you dont really have shield/heal so your dps will still have to mitigate damage themselves, effectively nullify your dps boost for them…

the only thing I see zDH can do is repositioning mobs but then GoD is pretty terrible for controlled grouping…yes you can clump them up very quick but they are all over the map and you dont really have ways to pull them where you want unlike barb and monks.

I still doubt zdh will be a thing

It worked fairly well (cleared in 1 key) in a GR140 with zBarb + zDH + 2 GoD DH. The two GoD DH had paragon levels in the 3600-4800 range, so nothing crazy like that paragon 12k DH that soloed a GR144.

3 Likes

A Zdh may or may not become part of the 4-man meta for pushing. However, it does bring a plethora of worthy tools to the group for both damage mitigation and dps boosts.

• Companion - Boar
    Provides entire party with life regeneration and 20% boost to elemental resistances (or Wolf rune for added damage).

• Sentry - Guardian Turret
    Gives a shield that reduces all damage taken by allies by 25%.

• Numbing Traps - passive
    Reduces enemy damage dealt by 25%.

• Odyssey’s End - Bow
    Increases enemy damage taken from all sources by 150%.

• Caltrops - Bait the Trap
    Provides additional 10% Critical Hit Chance.

• Marked for Death - Valley of Death
    All enemies within area take 15% additional damage.

Those are just the ones (I can think of) that are unique to a DH, don’t forget that DH can still wear all the universal gear such as Nemesis or Strong Arm bracers and legendary gems to boost damage. Strafe also makes it VERY easy to pull mobs (agro, not pixel stack) making the Barb’s job a lot easier.

It sure would be nice if Blizzard would buff Bolas to a usable state so we don’t have to hope for a 3-Z meta. *fingers crossed

1 Like

That only applies to the DH that laid the trap; it doesn’t work for the party.

Unfortunately, this 15% is additive in the same category as Odyssey’s End, Strongarm’s, Threatening Shout - Falter, and several other buffs. So the bonus from Marked for Death will be less than a 5% relative buff.

True, it’s been a minute since I’ve used that skill. my bad.

True, a lot of buffs fall into that category but I would argue that it is helpful to ‘add’ as much as possible to that multiplier. Unless there is a more worthy skill to take it’s place. Point was, DH brings a ton of utility to the group as Zdps.

Instead of Bait the Trap doesn’t the cold MS increase crit chance for party?

I’m not sure of Multishot Wind Chill applies the crit% to the whole party or not, you may be thinking of Iceblink gem…?