BNet chat not working

After an update to the launcher last week, I’ve had this problem.

My friends list got wiped out.
I have a list of recent players, but when I try to add them as friends, it says we are already friends.
I get an error 7000.

I have:
…restarted the app and my computer.
…did a scan and fix.
…uninstalled and reinstalled.

It still doesn’t work.

Ultimatum is one of my Friends. I cannot reach him, either.
I get also get error 7000 when I try to message from Launcher and when we are logged into the same Region, Whispers are rejected as Offline when he obviously is not.
We were actually able to play a game together but we were unable to chat in Party or Whisper.

Howdy y’all,

Based on what has been described, it sounds like there may be corrupted files in the Blizzard app or a strange bug. I would suggest trying a clean reinstall of the Blizzard app to remove old files that may be causing this problem:

1. Uninstall the Blizzard app
  2. Next open the temp locations and delete any Battlenet and Blizzard folders you see in each location. Press Windows Key + R and type:
    • %LOCALAPPDATA%
    • %APPDATA%
    • %TEMP%
    • %PROGRAMDATA%
  3. Finally go ahead and reinstall the app from here. Make sure you run as Admin.

I’d also suggest checking to make sure that neither of you accidentally blocked the other one. You can check by going to Settings > Friends & Chat > View Block List. Also make sure that the Privacy settings haven’t been changed.

If none of this helps, I recommend reporting this as a bug on the Blizzard App Bug forums.

No dice. I will try the App Bug Forums.