Blizzard, reset challenge rift!

It was meant to be humorous. Because I play both, “yes” is a legitimate answer. Actually, the next block of my response addresses that point fairly well.

Does no one remember Kosh anymore? :smiley:

I see other users are still trying to pointlessly start a fight. They are like insects I swat away with the permanent ignore function.

The biggest issue is the lack of communication over the issue.

1 Like

Not true. For example, Season 11 started on a Thursday.

Q: When does Season 11 start?

A: Season 11 begins Thursday, July 20, at 5:00 p.m. PDT in North America, 5:00 p.m. CEST in Europe, and 5:00 p.m. KST in Asia. For help with time zones, check out this site.

Note: Season 11 will begin on a Thursday to ensure there is adequate time to respond to potential issues with Seasons before the weekend begins.

2 Likes

wifi is always dodgy. Why do you think ISPs use ethernet cables in their DCs? Yes, I have worked for a small ISP, so know what a DC looks like. Kinda impossible to avoid when you’re a tech and you’re responsible to maintain servers, etc.

Well, that’s just a balancing issue. Groups get more loot and paragon than solo players, for an easier run, go figure.

Like me then - I own the game on both platforms. I haven’t played on PC since 2013. I didn’t get the PS4 game until January 2016.

Console? AFAIK, Blizzard won’t assist with install issues on console. My guess is that she’s bought the disc off Amazon and got a non US (I presume that you are in the US) disc.

I hear you. I completely agree with your statement. I’m just now disgruntled to the point of not caring, simply because Blizzard has kept this non-action up for so long. Their attitude, as a company, is extremely poor. I’m an old fashioned guy and if a company treats me like crap, I will speak out. It’s the way I’ve been brought up by my parents. Most younger generations are taught to not rock the boat or make a scene. There’s a time when after repeated polite attempts to get a response and getting nada, you just no longer care and refuse to treat the company with respect. I have zero respect for Blizzard. They will have to do an incredible lot to re-earn my respect and custom.

Venting makes me feel better - it reduces my internal stress and anxiety. Blizzard’s responsible for both of those things btw. Again, it’s a mindset. I expect a company to listen and treat its customers’ with respect. Blizzard does neither.

We’re nearly 36 hours after the event, multiple threads, and still no response from Blizzard. I think that about sums them up. I wonder what community reps actually do, it can’t be a lot.

I took it as both Eddie (PC and console).

Either way, we’re all in the same boat here - we play the game on consoles and we’re getting screwed with non-existent and crappy support for the game.

Fighting amongst ourselves will not solve this issue, nor encourage Blizzard to provide proper support to us as players/owners of the game.

As I have said in the past, the best we can now do is to stop playing en masse, and stop supporting Blizzard by buying their products. That is, if you are unhappy with their support, etc. If you’re non fazed by it all, then good for you. I am, however, unhappy. VERY unhappy.

Agreed. But, we, as console players, have faced that for the past near 5 years that I’ve owned the game. Nothing has changed. We have repeated our frustration at a lack of response etc in many threads. If Blizzard reads our threads as they have said in the past, then surely they’d know this and do something to make the communication with console players better and reduce the angst and frustration that we face. But no…

The short answer is that Blizzard got our money. Hell, they didn’t even do the D3 console ports. They outsourced that to a 3rd party software dev. (thanks for that confirmation Nick). I guess it explains a lot. They are not competent to provide support on the console ports it seems. They obviously didn’t think about post sales support for console players when they outsourced the console ports. That thought only strengthens my criticism of Blizzard and confirms my statement that they didn’t think to worry or care about post sales support for us. That’s a rather worrying thought in my eyes imho.

Anyway, I shall retreat and play other games and enjoy Netflix and YouTube more on my PS4. I played 3-4 weeks of last season - the least that I have played in a season since s10. And s21 went for like 4 months or so if my maths is correct - 1 month longer than normal.

Everyone have fun in s22 if you will be playing. I wish you all a great s22 and I hope for the rest of you that you still enjoy D3.

PS PoE is not a valid option for me - it’s utterly unstable on PS4 and GGG isn’t bothering to fix the stability issues. It gets worse with every patch, and ruins what I would otherwise consider a good game. If you can deal with the instability issues of PoE, I highly recommend it - it’s a far better game than D3 in the vast majority of aspects. I had hoped that Grim Dawn and Wolcen would see a PS4 release, but sadly, it doesn’t appear that this is going to happen.

Never thought I’d see the day a man dies on this hill for this argument.

Mistakes were made by both sides, blizzard
$&$&@$ up but so did you if you used your CR and started your season early.

S21 was my first full season but from what I’m reading they always start on Friday.

So you not reading the forums ok yeah but also if you’ve been playing this game like most have for years then bad judgment on your call too.

Now ladies gather up your maxi pads and leave this room like it was nice and tidy before all the loose fish lips started spewing nonsense because some people got bored.

That’s not always been true. There were some seasons in the past where they started on a Thursday, but those seasons were announced as Thursday starts. What is generally true is that there has never been a season which started at a day any earlier than the blog post announcing the season start. Some seasons on some regions have (in recent seasons) started later than the announced time, but never any earlier.

I wasn’t on console during the time this happened, so I fall into the category that didn’t create a seasonal character and can still run the CR after the season starts. I usually run Asia, EU, and NA on Friday and Saturday and don’t get around to starting a seasonal toon on Switch until Sunday. Even than, most of the time I’m still doing PC, so I usually don’t start the leveling to 70 process until after the CR resets on Monday.

So on the bright side, even if Blizzard takes no action (the likely action that will happen), a new Challenge Rift will drop on Monday.

That is the biggest no you statement I’ve ever seen. Pathetic. You are proving your hypocrisy with ever hateful comment. You can choose to continue to act like a child or an adult.

Maybe you should reread your post Blessedwrath. I never told you to stop posting. What I told you to do, with regret because I’m not a negative person, was to take your comments else where as they were un-productuve and demeaning. You don’t know anyone in person, for the most part I am guessing, in real life on these forums and all I see is you hiding behind a computer screen acting like you are above everyone with comments demeaning people posting concerns they have. Thats an unfair critique on everyone posting here. So please stop (this is a request, not a demand or order) discrediting peoples concerns in posts which is what you have been doing in like every response.

:edit:
Oh wait, he didn’t like something that was said about him that was true so he blocked me. Cool story.

No, we both got the collector’s edition for PC at launch, which is what makes this super weird and pretty much intolerable. Although I also had to fight through a convoluted process, I was able to eventually get my copy back on my new computer, whereas they basically told her to go buzz. We bought it at the same time, played in the same household, for the same length of time, and quit at the same time. The only difference is that I started my copy back up before she did.

It wouldn’t be that big a deal if we hadn’t spent so much money to get it.

One solution maybe, just try to reload your save game from the cloud before accindentially started. This should also reset the claimed CR bag.

If you saved it after, you can just hope Blizz will respond to any of the 1000 threads that were made after the shortest S22.

It won’t as that is saved on their servers as its Leaderboard based.

Saw a screenshot of a toon created during when S22 went live and it still says Seasonal thus is it a possibility that the character can be resumed when S22 starts? And the CR reward is not in vain and those that did it gain an actual advantage?

1 Like

Its mine. I just sent you a picture of my seasonal toon and its showing as a seasonal, so looks like progress is saved. When I select it, it says season not active. We’ll see when season drops.

2 Likes

Here’s hoping it is ok for you but then you are 600 paragon up on the rest of us! :rofl:

1 Like

I was going to eat dinner that night and my friend invited to party saying season dropped. I was like dafuq? Anyway. Plans changed that night. :joy: didn’t sleep much but coffee can fix that.

2 Likes

mine does not say seasonal. It did after being booted, but I shut down my PS4 every day when I head off to work, and since then, it has never shown seasonal (I’ve checked since I saw you stating yours was still showing as seasonal). I don’t like keeping things turned on when I’m not home as it’s a fire hazard, so the PS4 gets turned off.

What an epic fail. Feel for everyone caught up in it. Glad I don’t play seasons at this time. Exploring the potential of various builds on NS is enough to keep me entertained with the time I have at the moment.

Select the character enter a game, leave the game and close it out completely. Re-open the client and the character should be seasonal and say season not active. Have a friend look at you from friend list. Did you by chance get paragon?

1 Like

it has the small green leaf next to it at the main character selection screen, and when selecting it, it does say seasonal, but it says season ended. There is nothing in my mailbox under seasonal cache. I guess I’ll see what happens tomorrow and make a decision then whether to play s22 for the xmogs etc. I’m not holding my breath.

3 Likes