Blizzard, reset challenge rift!

I’ve quit a few times, for various reasons. This last time, I was basically just more interested in Minecraft than the seasonal theme. Whatever the reason, I agree that, if you aren’t having fun, it may be time to hang it up.

My opinion has been stated. You will not be able to change it.

and your opinion is like asscracks.

Meaning that, while everyone has one, pretty much nobody wants to see it. Yes, that’s true.

It…doesn’t appear to have stopped anyone else, though.

So basically, there are 3 types of players here…

1. those that didn’t see the season start, but are criticising players who participated (and perhaps used their CR cache)
  2. those that saw the season start, played and didn’t use their CR cache (so no real issue)
  3. those that saw the season start, played and used their CR cache.

those in 3 are probably a minority, yet 1 and 2 are saying tough luck, no CR cache for you.

I wonder if those in groups 1 and 2 are using this as a method to eliminate players from the early competition so they can rise higher on the LBs. Ulterior motives and all…

Will Blizzard fix this? Not a chance in hell. Will they acknowledge it? nope. They made a screwup and if it’s one thing I’ve learnt about American companies is that you never admit to a screw up (let alone fix it). Apple is a prime example of this, but Blizzard, in reality, is no better imho.

I would be pleasantly surprised if Blizzard manned up and admitted to the screwup, and offered a public explanation, and apology, and then did a CR reset so that NO player is affected by this mess. But, I highly doubt that this will happen.

The balls in your court now Blizzard. Prove me wrong - prove that you read threads in the console section of the forums, prove that you can own up to the screwup and apology, and most importantly, fix the resultant mess from said screwup so that no player is disadvantage.

Added this to the main Season 22 thread. Maybe if enough people “Like” my reply on that thread, we may get some help.

1 Like

I actually don’t care much about the competition aspect. I know I’m probably not going to rank in the top 100, let alone the top 10. For me, it’s about getting as high as I can and congratulating myself on a personal best. There’s your minority, actually.

I was going to respond to your post in Console Players Matter, but the thread was so old I wasn’t sure it was worth it…or would even get read. It does seem like console players are almost universally shunned, both by Blizzard and by PC players. While I agree with that sentiment, that’s for another thread, so I won’t open that particular can of worms here.

If it matters, I will not oppose a CR reset if one is offered. I only meant that I don’t think it’s going to happen, and that they’re likely to see it as abusing an unintended access to the new season, whether that was the intent behind it or not; game companies tend to view any violation of rules -accidental or not- as a breach of ToS, and tend to act without regret or apology in response to it.

To be perfectly honest, I tend not to rely on CRs in the first place. I know that some other players do, and to such a degree that it feels like being cheated if they don’t get the reward. It’s happened to me before (not early season start, but still got cheated out of my CR reward), which is one contributing factor to why I don’t do them.

But this isn’t the only place where this kind of thing happens. It’s kind of suspicious when I get DCed just as I’m leveling gems after a GR, so I can’t get my gem levels or my closing GR experience. Pretty much only happens there, or as I’m about to complete a bounty. We can speculate and trade conspiracy theories on that all day long. At the end of the day, though…they’re not going to be bothered that much about some of their players losing out on something they should have had. It’s just not on their radar.

Things like this are exactly why I double and triple check that I’m doing everything correctly before I commit to anything. First thing I did was check to see if the start date had updated. Finding no information to that effect, I chose to wait, because I could not verify that the season was actually (for really-reals) live.

On the bright side…what those materials represent is a shot in the dark at maybe getting one item you can use. I don’t view it as a crippling setback as much as an annoyance. But, then again, I’m not everybody.

reply to filthieriches last post and ask why he doesn’t post console related issues in the console forum since we cannot give any details in general

PC or console? I’ve never had this happen in near 5 years playing on the PS4. I’ve had crashes yes, but they have been random. This past season, crashes were much improved, with only 2 happening. I had 10 or so the prior season…and that had been consistent for 4 or 5 seasons, at least for me, with my install and my PS4 unit.

but that’s not everyone. I do rank in the top 100…and I’m solo, so group players already get a massive head start on me as it stands due to the misbalancing issues with this game’s design.

No, I agree. And, from my perspective, that’s BAD customer service. VERY bad.

No gambling, no extracted power for the cube. As a DH player, that really hurts. BADLY. We have 2 items that can make our lives easier and that’s the 2 daggers. karleis is the less desired of the 2 as impale is very expensive to cast and hatred is an issuing during the journey to clvl 70. Of course, you can’t level up your blacksmith etc, so you can’t craft higher level items either. So, no clvl 70 weapon for you to try and get reduced level on as a secondary.

I’m guessing that upper management have told him not to waste time (and therefore money) on a small “niche” group of players. PS4 has around 350k players, XBOX is similar. That’s 700k. Even if PC has say, 2.5 million active players worldwide, we’re 25-30% of that, and that is not small or niche in my eyes. It’s a sizeable chunk of your player market.

But anyway, I’m arguing just for the fun of it now. Vent until I get banned.

Yes.

I did have quite a few DC issues with my PS4 until I hardwired it via ethernet cable to my router. I do get occasional lag, but apparently Sony’s service is much more stable than Blizzard’s servers for PC. So…on the subject of console players getting shut out…not always the case. I’ve actually been a console player for years and hadn’t touched my PC copy until a few months ago for that very reason.

I’ve made this argument before as well. Not everyone has access to a perfectly coordinated 4-man team. Not everyone has access to even three completely clueless people who just happen to agree to play together once a week. The toxic environment of the forums alone is enough to keep me playing solo. The only way I’d group up is with somebody I know personally, which…yeah, nobody I know plays, so I’m on my own as well.

The game brags about increased difficulty with multiple players, but in the current state of the game…if you have even two out of four players who have even a minor understanding of how to synergize together, that increased difficulty goes right out the window. Now consider these 4-man teams who resemble synchronized swimming much more than PC gaming. It’s a problem. I agree with you on that.

Speaking of…my other half is still trying to get her copy of the game running, and was just told that she doesn’t really have one. She’s holding the game disc and key in her hand and they just keep closing her tickets. Last I knew, she had to send them her ID for verification.

That’s not where it stops, either. Communication, balance issues, persistent bugs, bugs which keep coming back during season resets, failure to act on accounts which violate ToS while acting against accounts which haven’t… If Blizzard were under my employ, they’d have been fired ages ago. There’s a right and a wrong way to do this. Excuses, silence, and sweeping known issues under the rug? That’s not the right way to do it.

That doesn’t sound very productive. You do you, though.

More antagonism. What a surprise. There’s an awful lot of pot-and-kettle going on here. I invite you to reread your post and ask yourself how it would sound if somebody said that to you. Maybe you’re the negative one.

And as for “forum cops”, I also invite you to reread the thread and find the post which demands another user stop posting. You will find it is not my post. Again, I am assigned a label which is accurate for others and not for myself.

Now, because you were incapable of conducting yourself in a civilized manner, I’ll be removing your ability to attempt any further instigation. Congratulations, No. 3.

I’m going to fill my block list today, aren’t I?

You could have actually answered a simple question from dpastern. He asked you PC or console? Yes is not an acceptable answer when asked one or the other lol.

It was meant to be humorous. Because I play both, “yes” is a legitimate answer. Actually, the next block of my response addresses that point fairly well.

Does no one remember Kosh anymore? :smiley:

I see other users are still trying to pointlessly start a fight. They are like insects I swat away with the permanent ignore function.

The biggest issue is the lack of communication over the issue.

1 Like

Not true. For example, Season 11 started on a Thursday.

Q: When does Season 11 start?

A: Season 11 begins Thursday, July 20, at 5:00 p.m. PDT in North America, 5:00 p.m. CEST in Europe, and 5:00 p.m. KST in Asia. For help with time zones, check out this site.

Note: Season 11 will begin on a Thursday to ensure there is adequate time to respond to potential issues with Seasons before the weekend begins.

2 Likes

wifi is always dodgy. Why do you think ISPs use ethernet cables in their DCs? Yes, I have worked for a small ISP, so know what a DC looks like. Kinda impossible to avoid when you’re a tech and you’re responsible to maintain servers, etc.

Well, that’s just a balancing issue. Groups get more loot and paragon than solo players, for an easier run, go figure.

Like me then - I own the game on both platforms. I haven’t played on PC since 2013. I didn’t get the PS4 game until January 2016.

Console? AFAIK, Blizzard won’t assist with install issues on console. My guess is that she’s bought the disc off Amazon and got a non US (I presume that you are in the US) disc.

I hear you. I completely agree with your statement. I’m just now disgruntled to the point of not caring, simply because Blizzard has kept this non-action up for so long. Their attitude, as a company, is extremely poor. I’m an old fashioned guy and if a company treats me like crap, I will speak out. It’s the way I’ve been brought up by my parents. Most younger generations are taught to not rock the boat or make a scene. There’s a time when after repeated polite attempts to get a response and getting nada, you just no longer care and refuse to treat the company with respect. I have zero respect for Blizzard. They will have to do an incredible lot to re-earn my respect and custom.

Venting makes me feel better - it reduces my internal stress and anxiety. Blizzard’s responsible for both of those things btw. Again, it’s a mindset. I expect a company to listen and treat its customers’ with respect. Blizzard does neither.

We’re nearly 36 hours after the event, multiple threads, and still no response from Blizzard. I think that about sums them up. I wonder what community reps actually do, it can’t be a lot.

I took it as both Eddie (PC and console).

Either way, we’re all in the same boat here - we play the game on consoles and we’re getting screwed with non-existent and crappy support for the game.

Fighting amongst ourselves will not solve this issue, nor encourage Blizzard to provide proper support to us as players/owners of the game.

As I have said in the past, the best we can now do is to stop playing en masse, and stop supporting Blizzard by buying their products. That is, if you are unhappy with their support, etc. If you’re non fazed by it all, then good for you. I am, however, unhappy. VERY unhappy.

Agreed. But, we, as console players, have faced that for the past near 5 years that I’ve owned the game. Nothing has changed. We have repeated our frustration at a lack of response etc in many threads. If Blizzard reads our threads as they have said in the past, then surely they’d know this and do something to make the communication with console players better and reduce the angst and frustration that we face. But no…

The short answer is that Blizzard got our money. Hell, they didn’t even do the D3 console ports. They outsourced that to a 3rd party software dev. (thanks for that confirmation Nick). I guess it explains a lot. They are not competent to provide support on the console ports it seems. They obviously didn’t think about post sales support for console players when they outsourced the console ports. That thought only strengthens my criticism of Blizzard and confirms my statement that they didn’t think to worry or care about post sales support for us. That’s a rather worrying thought in my eyes imho.

Anyway, I shall retreat and play other games and enjoy Netflix and YouTube more on my PS4. I played 3-4 weeks of last season - the least that I have played in a season since s10. And s21 went for like 4 months or so if my maths is correct - 1 month longer than normal.

Everyone have fun in s22 if you will be playing. I wish you all a great s22 and I hope for the rest of you that you still enjoy D3.

PS PoE is not a valid option for me - it’s utterly unstable on PS4 and GGG isn’t bothering to fix the stability issues. It gets worse with every patch, and ruins what I would otherwise consider a good game. If you can deal with the instability issues of PoE, I highly recommend it - it’s a far better game than D3 in the vast majority of aspects. I had hoped that Grim Dawn and Wolcen would see a PS4 release, but sadly, it doesn’t appear that this is going to happen.

Never thought I’d see the day a man dies on this hill for this argument.

Mistakes were made by both sides, blizzard
$&$&@$ up but so did you if you used your CR and started your season early.

S21 was my first full season but from what I’m reading they always start on Friday.

So you not reading the forums ok yeah but also if you’ve been playing this game like most have for years then bad judgment on your call too.

Now ladies gather up your maxi pads and leave this room like it was nice and tidy before all the loose fish lips started spewing nonsense because some people got bored.

That’s not always been true. There were some seasons in the past where they started on a Thursday, but those seasons were announced as Thursday starts. What is generally true is that there has never been a season which started at a day any earlier than the blog post announcing the season start. Some seasons on some regions have (in recent seasons) started later than the announced time, but never any earlier.

I wasn’t on console during the time this happened, so I fall into the category that didn’t create a seasonal character and can still run the CR after the season starts. I usually run Asia, EU, and NA on Friday and Saturday and don’t get around to starting a seasonal toon on Switch until Sunday. Even than, most of the time I’m still doing PC, so I usually don’t start the leveling to 70 process until after the CR resets on Monday.

So on the bright side, even if Blizzard takes no action (the likely action that will happen), a new Challenge Rift will drop on Monday.