Blizzard please change reforge!

Especially with Double Bounty buff we need the FS to change! It’s ridiculous that I’m sitting on 1.7k mats but I have no where enough souls to touch all of them. Salvaging TWO primals in not even an reforge…um whut?

1. Cut the cost in half for reforging, easy enough books done.

2. If you want to troll us a bit but still make it easier then double the amount of FS everything gives mabye even triple. So Leg=2-3
    Ancient= 6-9 Primal= 30-45.

In all honesty primals should be way more than 15 they should be worth at least one reforge, and cmon this isn’t just a console problem you’d make ALL your players happy with one of these changes if not all of them.

1 Like

I have to disagree, most stuff you need, you get by normal farming.

Just change reforging of primals is needed. Reforging primals should always result in a primal, for that i would increase costs.
FS are never an issue even with double bounties.

And again, primals are overrated. Just remove SaveWizard would be perfect.

Idk what your talking about personally and with everyone I play with, nobody has enough FS to keep up with the bounty mats. I could care less about a primal reforging into one tbh because as you said in your post, they aren’t all that. Lol seems a bit counterintuitive in your own post no?

Just wondering what you need all the FSs for then. You should have plenty for an occasional reforge to an ancient.

I like to make new characters and try to get them good gear. Just because it’s ancient doesn’t always mean better. Usually but not always. Plus reforging puzzles to help people out.

Okay I get that. So you are kind of frivolous with the FSs - of course you are running out.

Makes sense now. Thank you.

I wouldn’t calm it frivolous sheesh my main character is geared out so what else am I going to do hoard it? It still doesn’t change the fact that it’s too much FS per roll.

1/10 ratio? 1 primal salvage isn’t worth 1 reforge? It’s all kinda crazy.

At least when you give us double bounties then double salvage too, not even close to the craziest thing to ask and it would benefit everyone.

Non-seasonal, I have 42.7K souls, but only enough bounty mats to do 80 reforges, i.e. 400 bounty mats / 4000 souls. To make use of the remaining 38.7K souls by reforging, I’d need 3870 bounty mats. At 22 mats per bounty run, that’s 176 split bounty runs. If we assume 15 minutes per bounty run, that’s roughly 44 hours of non-stop bounties.

There’s no way I want to do that many bounty runs.

Speed run GRs in 2 minutes, salvage everything. You’ll have lots of FS in no time.

1 Like

Just say, the costs of reforging aren’t the problem. But the results. I would never reforge an ancient item. Mostly i reforge non-ancient until ancient/primal. I get 50 FS faster than the act-specific materials.

Primal reforge should be always result in a primal, but this would be another recipe for the cube.

I’ve never been a fan of going that low to speed run, more of a 5 min guy to get the experience too on a bit higher GR.

I understand 5 minute rifts, but you get the same amount of loot from RG in a 90 as you do in a 100. So if you run 2 rifts a 2 minutes each, thats 4 minutes for twice the loot and 1 minute faster than a rift you run in 5 minutes.

One of the biggest efficiency issues I see in other players is they dont focus on one task. If you need more FS, then running 2 minutes rifts is the best way. If you drcide to run 5 rifts higher in 5 minutes for more xp, then you arent focusing on the task at hand.

Btw, you must run 15 rifts higher to double the xp you get from a rift. Running 5 rifts higher is only 30% more xp, but the mobs have roughly twice the health, so it’ll likely take twice as long. Teuce the time for 30% more xp… not efficient.

That’s inefficient in both ways, loot and XP. AS ExisFOHDR says speed-GR should be done in 2-3 min. If not, decrease GR-Level. I’m sure you didn’t reach P2000 with this strategy.

Back to topic, Reforge is fine for me, but Reforge of an primal should always get a primal as result (for higher costs would be also fine for me)

D3 is all wrong, you can fully equip your build in 3 days in a Season…rarely getting an upgrade after that…its supposed to be a loot grind game yet you grind gear for the first week of a season then grind exp and do gem ups for the rest.

It’s why the start of a season is amazing and very quickly tailors off.

Reforging cost should be more in my opinion and you should never get a Primal from an upgrade or a reforge, Primals should be found only.

Gear should be found not made as the crafting system is nowhere near complex enough to be a “crafter” like you can in PoE.

Too late now for D3 but D4 they need to get it right.

1 Like

Bet I’m almost 2500 now so your both wrong ive have total over 30k FS this season it not more and I don’t even do the three and dump nonsense that most people do. Tsk tsk such assumptions on what is best :grimacing:

2.5k is quiet easy even in HC. But grinding is always the same. Speeds in 2-3 min. For gem-ups 100+ you can slow down. I normally run 4GR in ROW then dump loot and BS.

This isn’t about PoE don’t even bring that up in here :face_vomiting: I want to play a game not read a book about skill trees. I’m all for depth and finding stuff but this is about D3 here and now and what could be done.

I’ve reforged probably 3k bounty mats this season so it’s not like I have HAD the souls but when it’s all said and done I’m still at 1k mats and last time I looked I think about 3k FS. The disparity in that is weird to me but apparently I’m the only one in here.

I’m not even talking about reforging to get primals either so idk why you brought that up, my OP was about the FS that primals give when you trash the ones you um idk FIND? Lulz cmon man if you want to rant about something make your own topic about it.

1 Like

Sure, I agree that the FS you get from dumping a Primal is pretty poor return, I was just elaborating though further on general thoughts on reforging…

1 Like

Yeah I just don’t like doing that period it’s not fun and ultimately that’s what I play the game for is fun. I play too much to be worrying about efficiency if I’m not enjoying myself and I think most people forget that’s is what it is all about period.

@homerjnick I agree but idk about primal becoming a primal again at the same price. That would have to cost more, or as I’ve read in another thread somewhere else is letting us enchant 2 affixes at the mystic of it’s a primal which would be nice too. That would’ve given me my FoT amulet way sooner than relying on a primal to primal reforge.

Even if you could do a double enchant but one was permanent once you got what you liked and then there’s one that you can always change just as it is now.

What I’ve found I like about D3 is there’s quite a variety of ways to play. Flexibility for item upgrades to come in different ways just playing (GRs, rifts, bounties, shards, upgrade rare, reforge). Personal choices. Seems most here realise you can adapt what you’re doing for different goals / combinations of.

I like trying new builds on the different classes occasionally and use my DH to farm what’s needed to gear them up…

• speed GRs for shards to get the easy pieces which also does low levels of new gems and tops up FS
  • pushing is nice for the xp (thanks for the tip on +15 for x2 - had wondered the ratio) and for the challenge and learning which upgrades will make the most difference next
  • bounties to reforge for those upgrades that aren’t coming from above
  • rare upgrades when mats allow for upgrades that aren’t coming from above

Lately this leads me to do cycles of maxing out shards with

• mix of the bounties that are the least painful for me (kill quests and anything fast)… I usually find 1 to 4 bounties worth doing each cycle
  • a couple of speed GRs
  • rifts when tokens or mats need topping up

tl;dr I have had the thought too that the return on primal is a bit disproportionate to their rareness, their status as the highest tier of item and also just as quasi compensation for the disappointment that you scored the top tier item, but with rolls or item that isn’t particularly worth keeping for anything.

FS for one reforge seemed reasonable to me when I had thought about it too.

With the way I’m playing lately though, FS aren’t what I’m running low on. Always bounty mats, then the other mats next. Guess it comes down to what we spend our time doing.

I reckon a set of bounty mats from primals would be pretty sweet… but this is likely driven by my personal experience that repeating quests is the game component that gets old the fastest for me :slight_smile:

I guess since you’re playing S21 then the bounty buff makes it more attractive to run bounties. I wonder what you think of the idea of running more speed GRs? - increased chance of drops you can use simply by increasing the drop rate, while building FS from the trash you dont. If you dont need more bounty mats at the moment, is there another reason you kept running bounties?

Good luck convincing devs.