Blizzard Error BLZBNTAGT00000BB8

I go to play some D3 and I decided to do a scan as I usually do at least once a month, now it keeps saying update oops looks like there’s a problem with your game, update, scanning files then I get that long string of letters and numbers. I’ve turned off my antivirus and tried to get in, no go. I uninstalled the launcher and reinstalled, no go. I always play as admin. I’ve already quit playing wow, now it looks like I might NOT even be able to play Diablo. PLEASE HELP !!!

1 Like

Raine,

When dealing with BB8 error give these steps a try as well. If it continues to give the error then you will want to reach to us with a support ticket and with your system files.

Repair the Indices folder and idx files:
    In the Blizzard Desktop application, on the Game Launch page of the game in question, click Options > Show in Explorer.
    Open the game folder. (IE: Diablo 3)
    Open the Data sub-folder. 
    Locate and delete the Indices sub-folder.

Now delete the following files:
   1. Go to <D3 game root>\Data\data folder.
        a. Example location: C:\Diablo 3\Data\data
   2. Delete all the *.idx files.
        a. NOT the data.### files.
   3. Run scan/repair again

Uh yeah I already did this so I guess I’ll open a ticket. Oh also I’ve been having problems with windows updates, would that cause this problem??? OK having some problems trying to upload these files, think I got dxdiag, but msinfo it says delete everything after the first 10 lines after error blah blah, BUT there’s STILL a crap load before that, I can see what looks like it would be important so you want me to delete everything else before the reporting error stuff??? Sorry not really comp savvy, but I try YouTube helps a LOT…

Not saying this is your issue but 50% of the time if you are having issues loading a game it will be the cache files or config files that are giving you probelms. With game and launcher off, type in %ProgramData% in search then find programdata folder, in that folder find BlizzardEntertanment and delete the folder. a new one will be created when you log back in.

Thanks, but it didn’t work, still updating and scan and repair over and over…
I got tired of not being able to play so I just uninstalled the game and reinstalled and it’s working fine now ( at least for NOW )

Hey Raine,

I’m glad the reinstall worked. In the future in case you have to send in a ticket we want the entire MSINFO. All of it is important. In regards to the error logs only the first 10 lines are needed if the file is too large. With the Windows updates if it’s giving you troubles reach out to Microsoft and they can help you with that. :slight_smile:

just got same issue , clearly a Blizzard issue , i did not have this issue 2-3 days ago.
not a AV problem, a server update problem.

3 Likes