Blizzard are you there? *tap tap* (updated)

I’ve been critical for years and, providing you do so politely, they’re absolutely fine with people offering criticism.

6 Likes

lol…lol…next joke please!

The joke was you claiming that they ban people just for criticism.

6 Likes

I think if anyone showed that media silence can be an optimal way to prevent further sewing of disinterest and discord in the community, It’s Hello Games with No Man’s Sky; the difference is the ante is much lower here. I think if they’re truly working on something to turn this seasons theme around, let them work in their bubble for a bit and don’t get antsy over the course of 2-5 days

Yep, the epitome of working hard :smiley:

Well, at least that I guess. Wonder if they gonna show up this season with some fixes.

EDIT: I guess they will since CM responded. Let’s see.

Clearly you missed the D3 Beta, and have not participated in any of the PTR threads.

Being banned for “reasons” makes people come up with all kinds of conspiracies as to why it actually happened. :thinking:

Asking you to read rules, follow rules, and reminding you of consequences, is not a threat. It is a promise that you will be held to those standards. If you find rules threatening, you might want to post in places without rules.

You are free to criticize, but not to make personal insults, use swear words, etc.

As an aside, your post discussing your forum account actions is against the forum Code of Conduct too.

5 Likes

Is that why it took several reports and 3 tickets for a namer’n’shamer to have his post removed?

You should not be putting in tickets for Forum activities. The folks who answer tickets are a different department who deal with Billing, Account Access, Account appeals, in-game issues for WoW, etc. The Forum Mod team is totally separate.

I get the frustration though. The Mod team handles EVERY Blizzard forum, not just D3. More reports from different accounts gets a post escalated in the queue, but it can take days sometimes for the mods to get to something, esp if it has low numbers of reports.

Rarely I can escalate something outside the normal system, but it has to be at the Real Life Threat or something SUPER terrible before I raise the cat signal :bat: :cat2: :flashlight:. I have sadly accepted that the Forum Mod team is not quite as large? or efficient? as might be ideal. I don’t know if it is a lack of personnel or a lack of tools and resources, but across all the Blizz forums people do express concerns about speed of actions.

4 Likes

There simply aren’t enough hamsters to spin all the wheels, so they have to take turns.

2 Likes

As Blizzard gets more CMs on board, the communication delays will hopefully ease.

Being short-staffed along with a surge of activity from the COVID lockdown is likely giving them a double-whammy (maybe more?) as far as being able to take the time to handle reaching out to the community.

This combination builds frustration on both ends, tensions can rise… Keep your chins up everyone and have some patience, only together can we get through this mess.

It’s not that difficult to pop in and update people. It’s their job afterall!

Look at it this way - many of us also hold full time jobs and manage a family yet somehow we can keep posting.

It’s not that difficult to read the forums and type some responses.

Yes, and no.

Posting “We are aware of X issue and it is being investigated by the team. We will post more when we have some information.” - easy. That is pretty non-controversial and does not obligate Devs to anything or get PR and Legal upset.

Posting details of what they are going to do takes time and approval. I WISH it were not so, but it is. Further complicating this is they can’t all pile in the conference room and hold an emergency discussion session! It makes the whole process of discussing the issues (there are many), prioritizing the issues, discussing options, deciding on solutions, and implementing them take a heck of a lot longer.

I am not happy either - they knew by Sat July 4th about the physical sensory issues being way out of the norm for a Diablo 3 game. Game mechanics issues are also a thing and there are some bugs too.

I suspect they want to try to tackle as many as they can in one patch/solution and communication post.

7 Likes

I’m happy for the “we are aware” post but it shouldn’t have taken so long to say it.

3 Likes

Yeah, only took 6 days. Easy.

After several months of plague they should have managed to set up Skype or something. I do this everyday in homeoffice. You don’t even have to book a conference room anymore.

Just pull the plug on the whole thing an reset leaderboards. It’s broken beyond repair, especially the graphic mayhem. (Group exploit could be fixed by giving everyone his individual stacks without any group interference.)
Bring back double gobs/double mats and free cube instead and everyone will be happy.
And buff the sad new Necro set while you are at it.

3 Likes

Stop talking so much sense.
You’ll confuse people.

1 Like

yes, there is one rule for those who criticse Blizzard, and one for those who love Blizzard. I was accused of cheating in a post several months back (botting lol, non-existent on PS4) and reported the post, nothing done. Raised a ticket about it, was told it was looked at and was OK. Raised a 2nd ticket, which was auto closed without a reply.

I stand by my comments that Blizzard’s mods on these forums are biased and only seemingly attack and moderate those who have dared criticise their crappy game/company.

1 Like

This is not a way of discrediting someone as Blizzard has no real policies against cheating that are rampant on consoles anyway. May be you get blamed for botting on PC version, again this is not a way to discredit someone. Only can be called borderline trolling or stretching the facts and that’d be a vague call, in which there’s not much moderator team can do about it.

You must have crossed the line somewhere. Also what exactly you expect them to do about people who defend the game for real? I don’t think EULA covers that. Also you can get banned while trying to convey something Blizzard stated if you were to go over board.
Call out the subject steers, goal post moving and wide stretches loudly, it keeps you away from trouble. You only got one warning and whining about it.