Blizz doesnt care about your PTR feedback

Or maybe they do but they lack ressources to do anything about it.

For the 1st time in my D3 career, I spent quite some time testing and writing reports about S25 PTR:

The updated patch notes are a joke, they just tweaked a few numbers here and there. They didn’t factor in any feedback.

Itemisation on the WD is going to be a nightmare because (as stated in one of the reports):

• Spider queen’s grasp rolls with mana regeneration
  • Shukrani’s triumph rolls with mana regeneration
  • Gazing demise rolls with mana regeneration
  • depth diggers rolls with resistance to all elements
  • Arachyr’s Mantle (arachyr shoulder piece) rolls with resistance to all elements
  • Jade Harvester’s Joy (Jade shoulder piece) rolls with resistance to all elements
  • Mundunugu’s Descendant (Mundunugu shoulder piece) rolls with resistance to all elements

The reworked Arachyr build has 5 legendaries that have a legendary affix range on them and guess what? 2 of them automatically roll with a useless mana regeneration property and depth diggers automatically rolls with an unwanted resist to all elements.
What a great “witch doctor season”!

That’s the last time I ever venture into the PTR.

7 Likes

What blizz did was look at the gr clears and how the ppl geared to make the nerf’s.

I only play PTR to see what is up for next season and to theory craft a bit.

I never give reports unless it’s broken bad.

That’s been the norm for the longest time.

Shame on YOU for ever assuming otherwise. Only got yourself to blame for wasting your time on the PTR.

3 Likes

I get the issue with resistance to all but doesn’t Mundunugu add extra damage to the depending on mana regeneration? So Having it on Gazing Demise is not a bad call as it boosts Spirit Barrage and you can cube or wear Shukrani’s mojo depending on the build.
If it’s an entirely bad roll for the build, the addition of mana regeneration only bumps up threshold quality of affix combinations needed for the rest.

I just didn’t get the part about all resistance at Set pieces. Is that about a benefit to the new health bar Spiders or meant to be replaced? Unless there’s an intricate mechanic of that akin to Mirror Image of Wizards, it makes no sense. Maybe you supposed to reroll it into area damage after you get three perfect rolls, which they never provide directly.
Depth Diggers once was based on resource generating primary attacks, again you can cube it instead of wearing it. At worst, it shouldn’t be too hard to roll all resistance into armor or any available skill bonus.

so because they didn’t listen to YOUR specific feedback your mad?
the ego on this guy

4 Likes

Not all feedback is acted upon.

Not all feedback should be.

4 Likes

You realize those are not class specific, and just because you find it unwanted does not mean every build for every class that uses them does, right?

4 Likes

I am not assuming anything, I’m just reading what’s written on the PTR official web page:

• To ensure that the most significant class changes receive an ample amount of attention, we’d love for you to focus testing and feedback on the set changes to the Witch Doctor, Barbarian, Necromancer, Wizard and Demon Hunter.
    → I picked WD

• So that we can efficiently review your posts, feedback should be provided in the PTR Feedback forum
    → I did that

• Because of the limited duration of this PTR, we ask that participants pick a particular portion of this update to focus on testing. For example, if you’re primarily a Wizard player, consider what changes impact the Wizard specifically. What you like best, what you think may still need adjustment, and what you’d want to see in the future (even if that may be beyond the scope of this patch) are all good questions to ask yourself.
    → I picked WD sets and legendaries. Tested. Provided feedback.

• When providing feedback, focus less on a solution and more on your experience. How did the changes make you feel? Was there something “off” that you noticed? Did something seem wrong or insufficient? Suggestions are always welcome but identifying the issues themselves is most important.
    → I applied those guidelines while writting reports

Shame on ME for doing that? Really, that’s your take on the issue?

4 Likes

Good decision :+1:

5 Likes

It’s been the standard for PTR. Unless you’re a big streamer, they won’t listen to your feedback at all, except for some serious bug reports.

3 Likes

Have you considered what you feel are issues aren’t in the eyes of the majority of feedback they received? Please don’t fall into the line of thinking that just because your feedback wasn’t implemented means they didn’t take the time to read an/or consider it.

But Munungus set relies on mana regen so no issues with some items having it. Res all is useful but good thing the enchantress exists right.

Obviously they don’t.

1 Like

Good to know now I can get on with my day.

4 Likes

Heh, yeah.

“We” (Main WDs) finally have a good Lakumba (DR), a Ring of Emptiness that’s works with pets.

Devs made a good job on these items.

There will always be things to correct, but for God’s sake, the two reworked items are
A W E S O M E !

2 Likes

Back in the day player feedback was key to making the games we play.

Then everything went Activision, and over time the corporate bosses decided they knew what we wanted much better than we did. (You all have phones don’t you?)

Blizzard games became a feat of time dragging engineering, where players where locked into a game for as long as possible, this became the new development direction that we currently enjoy across a few titles now.

You do not need PTR to develop this model, it’s a bug catcher at best, feedback has been generally ignored for years now.

We are just peons, they do not care what we have to say, and frankly it’s more like sheer disdain for the player population as a whole now.

Been this way for years, sadly.

I alpha’d and beta’d SL, and boy what joke that was, not only ignored but generally cheated on, when they decided to change the entire game when the testing population logged over to start playing the pre-patch. Talk about wasting everyone’s time, testing a game that was never going live in the first place.

1 Like

For the most part Bobby cares more about the investors and less about the people who will purchase the games. At least some of the D4 developers appear to be listening to some of the feedback. Or so they say anyway. As far as D3 how much more can they really do? The focus right now is on D:I and D2R.

2 Likes

Oh I agree sir, not much to be done here one way or another, this game has run it’s course.

Just piling my experience onto the stack here, in that feedback seems largely ignored across the board with Blizzard.

Or they’ll implement something many moons later under the guise of “we hear you !” :rofl:

1 Like

It’s difficult to look at this topic objectively if one’s specific feedback didn’t get addressed directly. They absolutely care about your feedback. Did anyone not see the amount of changes/adjustments they made mid PTR based on the amount of feedback on the PTR forums/social media outlets? No way one can be that oblivious.

Did we all of a sudden forget when blizzard “balanced” firebirds, making it an A tier build right before season s23 launched and the forums were outraged? Blizzard then reverted the change and made firebirds fun (OP) again, and the players praised blizzard for actually listening to the community. Did we also forget that there’s been complaints about lackluster/buggy/not fun season themes that has nothing to do with with the loot hunt experience and then we got s24 with ethereals which literally tackled that complaint and has been the best season so far? Then we stated as feedback that blizzard should do more themes that relate to farming, much like ethereals because most of the community liked them, and guess what? We got soul shards for s25 that blow ethereals out of the park, with the same “farm theme” concept that everyone asked them to keep! Ya man, blizzard’s not listening at all…nope.

There’s thousands of people submitting feedback across all social media. It’s literally impossible for all suggestions to make it or be considered in a single patch, or even a series of patches. Could things be better? Yes, give them a bigger team to work with so we can get more changes out. Have things been bland for most of RoS? Yes, but let’s not pretend there hasn’t been substantial improvement to the game in the past two years since the new team took over based on the team actually considering what the players want.

5 Likes