Black Mushrooms

What can I do with the “Black Mushrooms” ???

The Black Mushroom is an item used to craft the Staff of Herding to gain access to Whimsyshire, you will also need the other items. :mushroom:

Specifically…

To make the Staff of Herding you need.

The Black Mushroom
Leoric’s Shinbone (found in the fireplace at Leoric’s Manor)
Liquid Rainbow (The Mysterious Cave, Dulgar Oasis, Act 2)
Wirt’s Cowbell (purchased from the merchant little girl in Act 2)
Gibbering Gemstone (Drops from Chiltara in the Caverns of Frost in Act 3)
And the Plan that drops of Izual in Act 4)

Most of these items are not guaranteed drops. You’ll have to farm for them. The Plan for the Staff of Herding and the Gibbering Gemstone can especially be hard to get at times.

7 Likes

Give it to Adria the Witch?
" It’s a big, black mushroom that I need. Now run off and get it for me so that I can use it for a special concoction that I am working on. " - Diablo 1

As others said it’s used to make a staff of herding that opens a portal to “whimsyshire” which is a lame version of the rainbow goblin portal. To be fair the staff of herding came long before the rainbow goblins, but the area from the goblins is far superior in every way. :unicorn:

2 Likes

Whimsyshire is also the only place to acquire the rare Rainbow Portrait from Sir William.

http://www.d3andre.com/en/sir-william-unique-629.html

Could make a nice stew. Maybe add some garlic for flavour.

Add some meat to it.

Hmmm…
I wonder what demon meat tasts like?

Nah, I’d use tomato sauce, a pound of hamburger, some onion, green peppers, the Black Mushroom. Simmer.

While that’s simmering, cook some Angel Hair Pasta. Spaghetti and Meat Sauce done right, if you ask me.

2 Likes

Whaat??

No garlic? No herbs???

I thought that was a given. lol

But yeah, garlic and oregano are necessary too. The choice then is whether to use Garlic Powder or actually cut up some garlic cloves. Either or works, but the second option is best in my opinion.

He eats the mushrooms to get to the magical place.

I thought is was:

He eats the mushrooms to make Whimsydale scary

2 Likes