Big Daddy Den explains how to DPS with The Barber

In a build video, Big Daddy Den explains how to properly DPS with The Barber / Mundunugu’s. It’s about 8 minutes in.

Now the build seems more for GR 75. I gotta hand it to him though, he really understands Witch Doctor! It’s been his main forever lol.

But yeah basically what I took away from this was to tap my mouse right click pretty fast. I had a good zbarb in my group and as soon as he got the elite all ground stomped in with the trash i just started tapping and it all melted.

At 1,000 paragon I was able to clear a 130 in group and 117 solo using Big Daddy Den’s method of DPSing. It makes sense if you watch the video at about 8 minutes in. Oh and last part of the video is an epic 110 clear he did with a GG map.

Cheers!

Thumb up for BDD. I got into the WD class by watching his video.

This is wrong information. There’s no difference between holding down Spirit Barrage, or rapidly clicking. It’s not a channeling skill, so either way you’ll get as many casts that your attack speed allows. A phantasm will explosion for each cast after 3 are on the ground.

Also there is no interrupting necessary. You don’t need to use another skill. Simply stopping to cast Spirit Barrage means the phantasms on the ground will build up damage. These will detonate if you resume casting or when they expire after 10 seconds.

Here’s a video showing how to build up damage. This was from the PTR before the Ring of Emptiness and Mundu 6 piece bonus change, but the Barber mechanics are still the same.

4 Likes

Thumb up for Lex who’s video is in depth with actual testing footages and really informative.

1 Like

@Lex I wonder if tapping increases Manitou damage, because you’re “stopping” casting. I noticed on a Rift Guardian that when I channeled and then casted Piranhado it chunked the boss pretty hard.

I believe tapping does the most damage because of both runes. Not just Phantasm.

Also, with tapping they are actually taking damage allowing for the support’s Executioner to finish them off. Otherwise you’re just wasting executioner if you’re accumulating and one shotting from 50% to zero. Tapping takes their health down progressively. Fast too.

The take damage just as much when you “channel” as when you click, that’s the point. It isn’t channeled, it’s casting SB as fast as you can. The only reason you might see lower damage channeling is if your attack speed is in a bad spot, it’s nothing special about clicking vs. channeling.

There is no reason to click…
The barber proc when target dies, when you move away or die

For those who want real informations: https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/6egxrm/an_indepth_analysis_and_guide_on_lon_spirit/

1 Like

That’s 2 years old…

…and yet most people still don’t understand how it works.

Nothing has changed since…

Ok I went and read it, It no where said not to tap right click. It was just a bunch of nerdy math that doesn’t actually play out in the real game. So I’ll continue tapping and pwning maps.

I trust Big Daddy Den. He is a Witch Doctor main and is actually playing Witch Doctor this season. I’m playing Witch Doctor this season too.

RIP. (16 more characters)

Fine,you can go on wasting the skill’s dps because you don’t understand the maths… I personnaly don’t care.
I was in Big Daddy’s clan and used to watch his stream years ago…But i trust maths…