Big bug/exploit found

Hello

If you buy items from the vendor (whites,magics,rares) you can drop them on the ground and your pet will salvage them with the altar node that allows your pet to pick up items like this.

Essentially you can purchase thousands of “white/normal” items from the vendor since they’re only about 300g each and they create on average 15 reusable parts.

I think you know what I’m saying. You can purchase infinite amounts of normal items and drop them on the ground for 350-450 reusable parts at the cost of only 15000 gold pieces.

Is this a known bug/exploit/oversight?

EDIT —

So it’s official. It is indeed an oversight and/or an exploit. It’s for console only apparently.

Ok…

  • Pets can’t pick up items if they were in your inventory.
  • You can’t buy items if your inventory is full.

Without a video, there is no proof of your “bug/exploit”…

4 Likes

Does not work with the pet I have. PC-console?

It was a troll.

This does not work, just tested it.

1 Like

This is a thing, but only on Console, not on PC. It’s been known for a while.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, that’s right. Console issue. lol

2 Likes

Console. Xbox series S. — Also interesting how people look down on console gamers and become bigots about it. People will “lol” at console users and their “issues” even though most people who play diablo 3 and upcoming diablo 4 play on console.

And to the people who assumed I was trolling. What’evs — when you assume someone is a troll for no reason it’s actually you who becomes the troll.

And you base that on what facts exactly?

9 Likes

Of course I assume it. We get a lot of trolls on these forums.

If the forums weren’t so full of trolls all the time I wouldn’t have to make those assumptions would I?

I play console and PC. I didn’t know this about console.

Well. you can force something on PC as well - if you craft rings/amulets. Just make sure to fill your inventory and let Shen craft 1 more item. This works even if the inventory is full… and then the item is dropped on the ground and your pet will salvage it. Sadly, no matter how many items you want to produce, only 1 extra item will be created. As such it’s obviously way more efficient to just craft a bunch of rings or amulets and salvage them at the blacksmith in one go. Not to mention you need a lot of gems to make use of this.

Bug ----- rofl

Exploit -------- now I’m so rolling on the floor and can’t get up.

Oversight-------- the only oversight is a troll making a post to inflame others.

I’m doing a fortnite dance.

1 Like

Thats not fair – they should hotfix the pc version so we can do it too :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Except they aren’t trolling.

I have done that few times previously, not with items bought from vendor. I didn’t even know that’s not possible on PC.

If you aren’t playing PC D3 then you should post in the correct forum:

Well just the fact that half the worlds gamers play on PC and the other half play on console. There’s 360, Xbox One, Xbox One X|S, Xbox Series X|S, PS3, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch vs PC.

So there’s way more platforms that aren’t PC for people to play Diablo 3 on.

Also just anecdotally, out of the people who I know, even though I own Diablo 3 on PC and so does my brother we still play on console instead.

Out of the few people I know who play Diablo 3, three quarters of them play on console and only one quarter plays on PC.

Not only that but PCs are very expensive currently with all the overpriced GPUs (because of bitcoin mining and such), it’s simply a better choice to buy an xbox series s instead of a computer to play Diablo 4.

I assume a lot of people will be purchasing a new “system” to play diablo 4 since it simply won’t run on many peoples older PCs (not everyone has new PCs most people I know have PCs that are around 10 years old, my PC is going to be 5 years old this year). It’s much more affordable to get an Xbox Series S or even Series X or PS4/PS5 than it is to get a powerful PC right now.

PC gaming is extremely overpriced currently, yes there are people who already spent $4K on a new PC to play Diablo 2 Resurrected and eventually Diablo 4 but when you could simply spend $250 for an xbox series s instead, in particular, if you’re only using the PC/system for gaming.

@Shivan Shivan please leave me alone and stop harassing me. There was no way that I could have known it was a “console” bug only. And it is an exploit/bug/oversight , I don’t know why you think it isn’t one. If you harass me any more I will open a ticket.

So many unsubstantiated claims in one post, it amuses me…

You don’t need proof. You know it’s very easy to make up “proof” right? Just an FYI studies and especially peer reviewed studies are not necessarily true or factual. But anyways, you probably won’t believe this anyways so no point in mentioning too much more.

Peer reviewed just means you have your friends agree with you. It’s not necessarily about being actually true or honest. It’s more about making people “think” you’re right without question so that you can make money on your “discovery/study”. Anyways, I’m not going to find any evidence for you because it’s completely meaningless.

If you actually believe stats like “player count” or “total copies sold” you are easy to fool.

Please post in Console forum as this does not work at all in PC Diablo.

1 Like