Better Inarius - 7 Skeletons Army

Then don’t. Let me check that large picture you sent at reddit. You can offer new items instead of Jesseth to fill the slots for off-hand and weapon, it could be a two hander as well. No joke. Mad Monarch’s Scepter, Deathseer’s Cowl, Arthef’s Spark of Life, Wrath of the Bone King and such items’ legendary powers won’t be missed by anyone.
As far as I remember there was a skeleton thorns build with thorns stacking as well, do that still hold up? Perhaps that’s one of the reasons that they don’t buff Skeletons at all?

So try your chance at that. If proposed build really fits their standards, or they come up with a genuine solution for gameplay flow with downtimes, punishments and so on, the whole pack, they will come back with good news. Next season hopefully. Even when we discuss this, CMs reading here and taking notes.

Yes and no. As you have guessed the entire build first match up with Inarius Corpse Explosion and Poison Scythe builds’ power. It requires enough space to include such power modifiers first THEN Inarius Set should offer something along 1000% more. Pay attention that both builds have snowball effects and such down times. It’s a long headache inducing mathcraft you’re going down for.

Command Skeletons are free, pardoning very brief respawn once they fall in battle or undo themselves at command they’re more or less permanent pets. Each Skeletal Mage costs 40 essence to cast, they’re fickle to stay in the combat and in that scheme there are 10 of them compared to 7 of Skeletons.

It’s been a long time since I played Necromancer seriously but as far as I remember Mages won’t roam around forever like Skeleton Army either. The uptime is the concern here, comparing them in a simulation without considering parameters like cost or cooldown would be misleading. You’re looking at peak performance of 10 Mages by keeping them at max stacks like that, it won’t last long even though the damage output is huge.

Thorns damage is not Weapon damage:

https://maxroll.gg/resources/damage-multipliers-thorns-explained#thorns

For the 6 pieces I kept a general notion of damage:

• A swirling tornado of bone increases within 15 yards your damage by 10,000% (6 pieces)

Just like LoD and the current Inarius, it applies on all types of damage.

Active Command Skeletons do cost 50 Essence.

This cost is needed to trigger the proposed Kill Command rune

• The Kill Command rune of Command Skeletons has no effect, but now makes your Skeletons immortal and increases their damage by 10,000% for 10 seconds (2 pieces)

NB : In the first version of the proposal it was a passive, but after reflection I could not justify to offer that rune for free. So now it costs the regular price : 50 Essence. And the effect lasts 10 seconds, which should be enough time to refill Essence, even with Grim Scythe. Plus you can devour corpses so it should be OK.

Nowadays, Singularity is given for free by Razeth’s Volition (pauldrons), which means LoD Mages now use the Life Support Rune that gives 6 + 2 = 8 seconds lifespan. The passive Extended Servitude grants you an additional 25% lifetime which means 8 x 1.25 = 10 seconds. Circle of Nailuj’s Evol allow you to cast Mages by pair (2 mages at a time). Reapers Wrap + the Passive Life from Death + Devour / Voracious diminishes you essence cost while refilling your essence like crazy so you can cast Singularity over and over.

So yes, 100% uptime with 10 Singularity Mages is easily achievable.

I didn’t even put on the line the specialized items for Mages :

• Scythe of the Cycle = 400% = 4 = 5x
  • The passive Overwhelming Essence (+40 Essence) + Simulacrum Reservoir (+100% Essence) + Haunted Visions (Simulacrum is permanent) + Reilena’s ShadowHook (Damage multiplied by 50% your total Essence) = 330% = 3.3 = 4.3x
  • Singularity with that amount of essence gives 1880.64% = 189x
  • 1 Mage deals 400% over 2 attacks which means 200% = 2 = 3x

Source : https://maxroll.gg/d3planner/176760767#Rat%20CoE%20(%2B4%20GR%20Tiers)

Total of specialized items (outside LoD) = 5 x 4.3 x 189 x 3 = 12,190x

So yes, the difference between Mages and Skeletons is huge.
Mages have better population, better base damage, and better itemization.
Skeletons didn’t stand a chance. They were beaten from the start.

Just like Aang, I want to restore the balance.

With the current proposal Skeletons would have
1 Skeleton damage = 50% = 0.5 = 1.5x
2 pieces = 10,000% = 100 = 101x
4 pieces = 1,000% = 10 = 11x

Total of 1 Skeleton damage (outside 6 pieces) = 1.5 x 101 x 11 = 1,666x

With Skeletons :

• You have to fight at close range : takes time to reach ennemies and you take more damage
  • You cannot use Zei Stone of Vengeance, which gives +40% damage at 50 yards, which means 12,190x x 1.4 = 17,066x for 1 Mage

Corroded Fang = 200% = 2 = 3x
Jesseth Arms = 400% = 4 = 5x
Bone Ringer = 1800% = 19x after 60 seconds (slow)
Reilena : Depends on max essence : 1.65x to 4.3x

Corroded Fang + Jesseth Arms = 1,666 x 3 x 5 = 24,990x
Bone Ringer (RGK) + Corroded Fang + Reilena 1.65x = 1,666 x 19 x 1.65 = 52,229x
Bone Ringer (RGK) + Corroded Fang + Reilena 4.3x = 1,666 x 19 x 4.3 = 136,112x
Bone Ringer (RGK) + Jesseth Arms = 1,666 x 19 x 5 = 158,270x

To compare with 10 Mages VS 7 skeletons you have to apply to 1 Skeleton the following ratio : 7 / 10 = 0.7

Corroded Fang + Jesseth Arms = 24,990 x 0.7 = 17,493x (almost equal to 1 Mage)
Bone Ringer (RGK) + Corroded Fang + Reilena 1.65x = 52,229 x 0.7 = 36,560x
Bone Ringer (RGK) + Corroded Fang + Reilena 4.3x = 136,112 x 0.7 = 95,278x
Bone Ringer (RGK) + Jesseth Arms = 158,270 x 0.7 = 110,789x

Bone Ringer, after 60 seconds, would make this set S tiers for RGK.
On the opposite, Bone Ringer is pretty bad for killing trash mobs.

Hum I removed the invincible Skeletons because I suppose they actually need to take damage for Thorns builds.

Attackers take thorns damage when they hit the hero / pets. The hero / pets don’t have to take damage because of the hit. If that was the case, a thorns build would fail as soon as a Shield pylon was active.

1 Like

I’m aware of that, what I addressed was this build here:
https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-thorns-command-skeletons-solo-build-with-lod

Sustainability of that skill, still comes with the cost of 2 different item slots and these offer no damage boost. Be it jewelry or armament slot of cube, or shoulder and finger slot on your equipment has to be filled and you would have RoRG in cube when that happens. When a skill is a main dish of some build, they always take up to 2 slots or more for their supporting legendaries.

How that works? Mages are not a 3x multiplier. Is it? Skeletons just straight your half damage efficiency unless you count yourself attacking. Those tooltip information just their own efficiency, they are not multipliers. How do you even do the math?

Regarding that, the result of Skeletal Mages supposed to be around 8127x, not x12k. And that’s with MAXIMUM essence consumed with Julian’s Ring you still gonna have double Mage per cast to have an effective 16254x per attack without considering attack speed or skill bonuses.
Are you sure there won’t be any downtime when achieving this? Even with top passives to replenish it back, it will take some time to reach maximum and when you do, there’s a drawback on Razeth’s Volition for losing 35% damage mitigation.

There are seven skeleton’s and Razeth’s Volition up there you mentioned gives you Singularity skill rune which summons one big mage as far as I know. Try to do the math again instead of downplaying its power or let me try.

One skeleton damage 0.5x (50% weapon damage)
seven skeletons 0.5x x 7 = 3.5x
2 pieces of suggested Inarius = 10000% = 101x
4 pieces of suggested Inarius = 1000% = 11x
11 x 101 x 3.5 = 3888x effective damage output.
However you’re talking about spamming 215% weapon damage Kill Command to your heart’s content so…
2.15 x 7 = 15.05
Let’s see…
15.05 * 101 *11 = 16120x effective damage output without considering attack speed.

Bravo. You astounded yourself… Your math is way off because you misunderstood the difference between weapon damage efficiency and multipliers, however it still matches to my surprise.
There’s no balance to speak of about you suggested; while Mages have downtimes because of consuming ALL essence via Singularity skill rune, your suggested Skeletons have none. Also I still think you’re talking about details you haven’t read from articles. If you have a dream build, you can pretty much live it at other more viable Sets than Inarius.

I think there needs to be an inner cooldown to it if Skeletons are immortal and won’t go down on command. Do you want to spam it as long as you want? You want damage but you don’t want any down time, that’s a dilemma and won’t stand for balance. Even LoD builds has downtime or a wind up.
For my own opinion, I think there needs to be an item that increase the efficiency of Stand Alone passive which also increase the power of Skeletons’ Kill Command damage instead of banking everything on the Inarius Set bonuses. Yet again, nobody asked my idea.

Right, https://maxroll.gg/d3planner/258410825 says it is 2x

But, https://maxroll.gg/d3planner/258410825 says it is 0.5 x 1.5 because active command skeletons adds another 0.5.

This is complex.
Image showing computation: https://i.ibb.co/rtyGshh/Sans-titre-1.png

Nooooooo, because:

They have downtime in damage, because:

It means: Command Skeletons costs 50 Essence and only grants you 10 seconds of increased damage, which is roughly equivalent to the Mages duration.

When the 10 seconds are off, Skeletons will still benefit from the 6 pieces bonus, but their damage will be greaty diminished.

It is roughly the same as if, with LoD Mages, you had only half of your Mages, your damage is diminished because you don’t have enough essence.

This is why you need to refill essence to activate Kill Command.
50 Essence for 10 seconds is not free.
Would you like to increase it ?
Or reduce duration ?

Keep in mind that, on the contrary of LoD Mages, you have to be within 15 yards of your enemy to get the 6 pieces bonus.

LoD Scythe has no downtime.

Yeah for now I removed it.
I might think about a mechanic later.

I’d also like lots of items,

… But tried to refrain from this feeling, and made a condensed proposal, in order to keep the build as dry as possible so it has a chance to land (minimal modifications from devs, easy to implement)

What kind of additional items would you propose ?

This thread makes me want to parody…

That’s active damage though…

Then it should be worded as “deals no damage and has no effect”. Then again, why are you insisting at including this skill rune if it has no effect or damage at your example builds?
Are you confused or what? It feels like I’m giving you too much credit and it all feels like satire after this moment.

What’s stopping the player to cast Command Skeletons again after 10 seconds? What’s stopping them spamming it along the duration by stacking Resource Cost Reduction% along the 10 secs to prolong it? If they can prolong it, is there any possible down time anyway? What’s exactly that down time you speak of? Costing 5 essence per second which you can Devour?

You kidding, right?

Your wording of that tooltip is so weird it sounds like it can amass free damage multiplier for any range as long as you have the Bone Armor active.

If we talk about Grim Scythe, it deals damage per essence it replenished per hit, thus it has a down time on max essence as it will deal no extra damage.

You can figure things yourself. Just lay the same Skeleton Army build at LoD too and experiment around passives and active skills. First, give it a try there with LoD then Inarius to note what’s missing.
If you want passive benefits with a lazy gameplay, use LoD as a blue print first. In case you never played the build or class yourself properly it will show on your wording. You need some practice on the matter.

I try to give proper feedback, and all I ever read from your post was half baked information, a glimpse about how class works. Think this through and hopefully more people will give their serious input on the matter. Otherwise, just carry this thread over to the Necromancer section as I’m not even throughly experienced in the character myself.

Because I wanted freshness and this rune to be useful for once.
I think the original of Kill command does not make any sense.
This proposal emphases this rune so you can play something new.
I also think the name “Kill Command” can be interpreted as “Kill enemies !” and for that you need damage increase.

There is no strong requirement to use a specific rune, but if this is left free, players will play the same runes (Enforcer, Frenzy, Dark Mending, Freezing Grasp) over and over, as they did during the last 10 years, and nothing will be changed.

https://us.diablo3.com/en-us/class/necromancer/active/command-skeletons

With this proposal, you have to use a rune you never used before. If you want to gain other runes, you have to equip Bloodsong Mail and activate Land of the Dead. It makes Bloodsong Mail a useful item (currently, no one use it).

https://us.diablo3.com/en-us/item/bloodsong-mail-P6_Necro_Unique_Chest_21

No one is stopping no one.
Command Skeletons can be active with 100% uptime.
Having 10 Mages can be active with 100% uptime.
Even Land of the Dead can be active with 100% uptime.
Preventing 100% uptime has never been a goal.

On the contrary, I want players to optimize their build to overcome the Essence cost and get a 100% uptime Command Skeletons. For that they have to equip a Primary Skill (1 skill slot among 6) or devour((1 skill slot among 6), and may be a corpse generator (1 skill slot among 6). Total : 3 skills slots have to be chosen. This is another cost.

Not an issue to me but like a part of the target gameplay.

In addition, the new Inna (monk) also behaves without stop-cooldown.
You can have 100% uptime the max bonus and it is perfecly fine.

I’m not trying to make a LoD variation of Inarius.
This proposal is about Inarius, and only Inarius.
Sorry if this wasn’t clear from the beginning.

I totally get your point. You want the 2 pieces power to be installed on bracers, so you can get a LoD variation, let’s call it “LoD Skeletons”. I don’t want this.

First, you already have a pet build for LoD, it is called LoD Mages. No need for another one.

Second : Look what happened to Rathma once the LoD Mages variation was viable ? Rathma was made useless. I don’t want that for Inarius. This is especially true for Inarius because it has a 15 yards constraint where LoD doesn’t.

This is why the bonus has to be exclusive to the Grace of Inarius Set. I want a strong Inarius build, with people saying “Wow the new Inarius is awesome !”

I hope it explains the vision behind the design.

Please continue to emit observations, I appreciate your point of view.
I’ll try to explain the choices and you might point something I did not see.
It helps me to question my own judgment on the design.

There’s a diminishing effect for Mages as that number I described up there is the intial cast at max essence. Unless Necromancer can keep up maximum essence right after exhausting it with Singularity, then that’s a down time for the build.
Command Skeletons offer constant damage, and their effect improve further and prolonged as you keep commanding them. That’s the difference between the build you compare your own with.

Nerfed to the ground, but sure.

Good luck finding a right balance without any guidance then. I’m NOT telling you to create a Skeleton build based on LoD, I’m suggesting you to use that as a guidance because your build obviously have so many passive benefits just like it.

There might be a misconception on how Command Skeletons will be used in practice.

If I had to compare Skeletons to Mages:

• All of them can be made 100% uptime
  • 40 Essence = 1 Singularity Mage
  • 330 Essence = 1 Superpowered Singularity Mage
  • 40 Essence + Circle of Nailuj’s Evol = 2 Singularity Mages
  • 330 Essence + Circle of Nailuj’s Evol = 2 Superpowered Singularity Mages
  • 50 Essence = 7 Kill Command Skeletons

So at first glance, assuming the Damage output is more or less the same at max pets, you might think Skeletons are cheap, because you get 7 of them for 50 Essence, instead of 2 Mages for 40 Essence, right ?

But since you want to optimize, and go lazy, you will numlock Skeletons.
By numlocking you will consume all you Essence, just as fast as you do for Mages.

If you never tried to combine numlocked Skeletons + Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac (all Pestilence builds use this to reduce the cooldown of Land of the Dead), just try it and you will see how fast the Essence is consumed. You need Corpses to refill Essence, or else Command Skeletons stops, then Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac stops, then Land of the Dead stops.

The other solution is to press Command Skeletons every 10 seconds.

While this can give the slight advantage as describe few lines earlier, this is a very repetitive process.

Pretty sure PC players will numlock Command Skeletons, as numlocking Skeletons is a very common practice for them. Console players can still hold the button.

You might ask: But why players do not numlock Mages then ?
Because old Mages are destroyed when new ones are created.
Numlocking Mages is a bad practice that diminishes DPS.

This does not happens with Skeletons.
Numlocking just trigger the active power, but Skeletons remain, so DPS increases.
This is why I’m confident players will numlock Command Skeletons.
And in doing so, they will empty their Essence.

The Essence cost, in practice, will be the same : All Essence is empty.

Let me know if you disagree on that argument.

The infinite defense bonus that Captain Crimson provided was nerfed, yes, but the cooldown bonus itself remains. Squishy, but still usable.

Singularity Mages still deal less damage when you spam them. When you spam them without pacing their cast to replenish resource, they will indeed have uptime but will deal way less damage than the initial cast. Hence it cause you to lose crucial seconds to recover when you run a high tier Greater Rift.
Skeletons at the other hand are completely free, as they don’t cost 50 essence or whatever to spawn. Nor there’s any drawback besides Kill Command; they’re completely consistent with their damage. However you’re not consistent with your arguments.

Command Skeleton requires a target to be cast upon. Why would you want to numlock a skill that requires a target? Why would you want to numlock a skill that exhausts all your essence in one cast while casting with lower efficiency at every repeat?
Wizards do that for their certain skills because they have free procs or chain casts from legendary powers and they gain Arcane Power back at almost same speed. For Necromancer perhaps only Corpse Explosion or Devour worths numlock, not any secondary.

What argument? I think there’s a reason why I’m the only person giving you feedback. :popcorn:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/c/necromancer/20
As I said, carry this to the Necromancer section and try to play LoD build for Skeletons while trying to figure out a proper setup, all the while read the guides about it. Inspiration won’t arrive to you if you show no effort or have no interest to play the game indepth.

In the video of Wudijo described in the first post:

https://youtu.be/AdxEtu6mXZM

… Command Skeletons are numlocked.
Command Skeletons spends essence like crazy thus triggers Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac (spend Essence to reduce the cooldown of one of your skill, and especially Land of the Dead).

It is also used by Lord Fluffy in its Blood and Essence build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSAlXa9MPrE

This is a well known mechanic for necromancers.
Numlock ensures this virtuous circle always happen.

The target can be selected by two means:

• Place your cursor over an enemy : the target is selected
  • Use a primary skill (cursor or keyboard) on an enemy : The target is selected

To sum up : Numlocking Command Skeletons not only ensures you will make constant damage with this proposal (against Essence), but also spending essence very fast will reduce the cooldown of one of your skills (Land of the Dead, Blood rush, etc) through the Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac synergy.

That Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac is often paired with Messerschmidt’s Reaver to further reduce cooldown (Messerschmidt’s Reaver reduce cooldown of one of your skills by 1 second, on kill), as you can see in both videos. If you use Captain Crimson’s on top of that, you have one of the best setup to reduce cooldown in the game.

Of course you are free to take a different path for your build.
But this is very popular so I have to keep it in mind.

Okay I was wrong then. To emphasize, those both are speedfarm builds; things die and they can utilize Devour, mistakingly directing Skeletons to some unimportant target won’t be a big deal as you can recover with Enforcer it seems. Cost of 25 Essence is practically free as much as 50 essence.
That’s not really a proper cost or downside if they can be able to keep it with high efficiency up time which I clearly objected.

Wudijo’s build is from S22 with 4th Kanai’s Cube slot. Fluffy’s video is from 2019 and it speaks of permanent LotD which is nerfed. These don’t exactly translate well for high Greater Rifts where things die way late and hit harder. These builds are most likely dead or not popular right now.

I admit I’m wrong, still this shows the cost of essence is almost nothing for the build. I searched for information on num lock and most relevant results turned to be zdps, which I thought only have Devour binded. I searched for maxroll for num lock and it didn’t get me anywhere near Necromancer builds either. Mind you, Wudijo is one of the authors there.

As I said before, if you need a guidance, try to look up LoD builds, to be precise look up thorns LoD with Boneringer as I tossed a link up there already:
https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-thorns-command-skeletons-solo-build-with-lod
If you need something that gains all the passive abilities, that should be your guidance; enemy taking 10000% more damage from all your attacks, not exactly different than 9750% damage increase.

If you need something more hectic, look up other guides about how other builds have struggles with essence, uptime, windup and etcetera. Rathma with AotD could be a nice start to compare your suggestion with. Where it diverts, how gameplay changes; what it deserves to get that much passive benefits?
Trashing and neglecting such drawbacks won’t elevate your build, it will make it boringly monotonous but overpowered to play. It’s only an opinion of mine but I think you shouldn’t aim for making other alternative builds obsolete by coming up with an overpowered bonus. In case you think this sort of builds need more power, then you had to incorporate more upkeep, windup or downtime. In your suggestion Skeletons have no down time and consistently deal damage just because some other build has an overpowered initial cast.

I wrote at the above posts but you haven’t read it; you can figure something out with Kill Command for its massive down time and Stand Alone passive if you try. Yet this would be limiting you somewhat. That’s only my idea on the matter and I have no context of a full build or viability nor applicability of this. That’s why I keep saying you should play proper builds and read present related guides to figure something out by yourself.

You can numlock any skill that is equipped the slots [2-3-4].
It acts like if you maintain key pressed on those slots, until you release the numlock.
Sometimes there are some incompatibilities between skills, so you have to re-arrange the order of the skills (on slots) until it works properly.

On that point I agree, all damage (weapon + thorns) is increased by both Inarius and LoD.

Unfortunately, in practice, you cannot seek for a Thorns build with Inarius.

While you can Play Thorns with Inarius, under GR60, this is very risky (impossible) at high GR level.

To deal enough Thorns damage, the enemy have to stay within 15 yards :

• This is very hard to maintain enemies withing 15 yards, as they move a lot
  • You can’t freeze them because they need to hit you to be paid back with Thorns
  • Being close to the enemy, you will be hit along with your Skeletons, and your will die

Thorns are meant to be played at distance and this is why LoD is perfect for Thorns.

To sum up:

• Inarius : Close range, Weapon damage, Freeze allowed
  • LoD : Long range, Thorns damage, Freeze not allowed

This is why LoD Thorns cannot be a guidance for Inarius.
The purpose of these builds is fundamentaly different.

The new Rathma makes damage with Army of the Dead.

I you read comments, people hate the new Rathma.
Players clearly stated that they want to make damage with pets.
This proposal address this need.

But I understand your point, you want at least a 1 click button build or else you get bored.

I got you covered, the 1 click button can be handled by a Primary Skill, a Curse, …etc.

For example the Sudden Impact rune of Bone Spikes (stun enemies for 1 second) is a good choice, as it triggers Krysbin’s Sentence triple bonus.

Another example, Frailty / Scent of Blood would make enemies to take 15% more damage from your Skeletons.

Lots of builds and combinations are possible.
I gave in the main post an example of a passive build, but you are free to take a different path and use a very active build if you want to.

The current proposal is open and agnostic to that.

I updated the first post with some active skills suggestions.

Please make a counter proposal for Inarius because I don’t get your idea around Kill Command and/or Stand Alone. I need at least one example to understand.

That’s a start. You don’t have to get stuck on freeze, corpse explosion, Army of the Dead or thorns either. I have no idea how can you not figure something out from all those skillrune choices.
You removed all Corpse skills damage for whatever reason, Kill Command damage, any influence of Bone Armor and only want skeletons to kill stuff while you watch and spam curses. Proposed build has no cooldown or resource issues and it has nothing to maintain or keep up.

If you hate Rathma, maybe don’t allow your suggested Inarius 2-piece model to be combined with it this easily? I hope this was your intention.

I’ll tell you a shortcut; just open a thread at Necromancer section or here, start a new and ask developers to add a Skeleton based build where you can spam your skills behind them. It’s much easier than dumping hours into a simple design to reinvent the wheel.

Corpse skills are already godlike through LoD builds
https://maxroll.gg/guides/lod-corpse-explosion-necromancer-guide
https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-corpse-lance-build-with-lod-set

I can’t give you Skeletons + Corpse Damage because Skeletons generate corpses by killing enemies. The corpse generation rate would be crazy and the build over powered.

Some Necromancer skills are unused because unpractical.
Skeletons have to be alive to make damage.
Exploding them is unpractical.
I removed the explosion, thus I had to remove the explosion damage.

You can still use Bone armor, but it no longer buffed nor a prerequisite to activate the swirling tornado of Bone.

From a philosophical / fantasy point of view, the swirling tornado has nothing to do with armor since swirling tornado increase your damage whereas armor increases your armor. Because they both have Bone in their name does’t mean one should be the prerequisite to the other.

From a practical point of view

• Buffing the damage of bone armor does nothing, Bone armor making negligible damage. We could just remove all damage from the skill and the game would be the same. 1000% of nothing is still nothing.
  • Currently you start Greater Rifts with 0 Stack of Bone Armor, and Bone armor is the prerequisite to activate your Swirling Bone Armor. Which means when you start the start the Rift, you deal no damage and you have no defense. To gain Bone armor stacks, you have to run into a pack of stronger enemies, without any defense, pray for staying alive, and depending on the number of enemies hit by Bone Armor, have more or less defense. It also happens when your revive. It also happens when there is a corridor and no ennemy to cast Bone Armor on. Your are often defenseless and damageless. This is by far the main complain of any Inarius player. And this is unfair compared to the sets that can do damage and have defense mechanisms right from the start, along withe ability to attack at distance.

This is why I removed the Bone armor prerequisite for the 6 pieces bonus, and allowed a base defense bonus of 50% damage reduction for the 4 pieces bonus.

It has, but in practice they can be circumvented through proper itemization or gameplay.

I don’t necessarily see this as a problem.
I its a different playstyle experience.
Some players will love it, other will hate it.
Diablo has to address a variety of players.

The Inna Monk, which is also a pet build, has no cooldown reduction nor resource prerequisite, and it was a big success during the last season. People appreciated this fluid gameplay that only relied on the Inna’s Mantra Set.

Inna’s Mantra provides a massive 30,000% Mystic Ally damage, 50% damage reduction and a bunch of passive effects from Mantras and Mystic Allies, most importantly +80% Life, +40% All Resistance and +56% additive damage.

https://maxroll.gg/guides/inna-mystic-ally-monk-guide

Given the Monk is allowed to have such a build, I’d say this is fine.

It won’t work

• All necromancer Sets have the same armor parts (head, pauldrons, gloves, torso, pants, boots)
  • All necromancer Sets have the Set damage increase on the 6th piece, which means by combining 2 Sets you can only have 2 pieces + 4 pieces, or with the Ring of Royal Grandeur, 4 pieces + 4 pieces. You cannot have 6 pieces + 6 pieces.
  • The new Rathma does make damage with Army of the Dead. There is no point in buffing Command Skeletons in the new Rathma. The Skeletons spawned from Army of Dead are different from the ones spawned in Command Skeletons.

This section is just like Skeletons. Dead.

This is the very purpose of this proposal that has been linked from Reddit and Twitter.
Because developers remain silent doesn’t mean they don’t see the proposal.
By the past some of my proposals have been implemented one way or another.
I proposed the mechanic of the Masquerade Set (Grim Scythe + Bone Spear) and it was implemented. I also proposed a mechanic of Clones seen in a past season and it was also implemented.

My mantra is:
Keep trying and debate, and at some point you’ll throw a good idea worth to be implemented !

That’s Mystic Ally damage. Inna doesn’t provide direct damage to your character. There’s difference between 15 yards 10000% damage increase and no damage increase for the character. You have no mass crowd control besides Briggs Wrath. For multiplier comparison; 101x times 101x still greater than 301x which Inna has to actively fight to maintain.

It still deals damage until you changed it to deal no damage. Issue is, that it’s not being impractical, it’s having a downtime for the build.

It’s not there for damage, it’s there for stacking to keep up player interaction which you removed just to bag it on passive benefits.

You add Skeletons 10000% more damage so you can sit back and when enemy get close you just have to spam skills with 10000% damage increase too. If you haven’t get it yet, they’re different multipliers that allow you to deal 10201x damage multiplier with your skeletons when a target is upclose. You have no worries of keeping a defensive buff unlike other Set builds because you have 50% passive defensive benefit on the proposal.

That’s why I told you to compare Rathma AotD, Inarius CE and LoD Skeletons. You have passive defensive benefit just like LoD and claim your Necromancer would be fragile? Really? :popcorn: No matter how many times I try to tell you, you’ll ignore this so it has no meaning anymore.

It would work as a 6 piece bonus after 4 piece from Rathma. Your revives and skeletons would do immense damage and Boneringer and would sweep the area with Frozen Army to tripple Krysbin ring effect.

If they haven’t reacted on the proposal in a season or two, take it as a silent no. CMs work harder than you can imagine really.

Good catch.

I initially left the general damage output so you can still benefit from Gem of Efficacious Toxin or Pain Enhancer at low level, but I realize you can combine Skeletons and Leger’s Disdain, which is overpowerred and feeds on LoD Scythe.

What do you think of this modification ?

• Your damage reduction is increased by 50% and corpse skills deal no damage (4 pieces)
  • A swirling tornado of bone increases within 15 yards your commanded Skeletons damage by 10,000% (6 pieces)

I could also set a condition on the 10,000% 2 pieces bonus saying it just increases the damage of both Gem of Efficacious Toxin or Pain Enhancer, so it would be an indirect damage that you have to apply through Skeletons.

It makes more sense, thanks.

For the Kill Command thing, when you call Kill Command to sacrifice all skeletons, Stand Alone passive will trigger and grant your Necromancer up to 100% more armor to almost double his/her effective health. That’s unless Skeletons round up around the Necromancer in time again slowly.

That’s a downtime but if I were to suggest a different build, I’d try to implement this bit. Rathma has faster Skeleton respawn and it won’t be able to utilize the defensive bonus of such thing at crucial moments without absorbing shields.
Boneringer can be used to buckle up the finale damage and there could be a trigger depending on Necromancer sacrificing them at the last second. A new item can be added to improve Stand Alone passive’s efficiency (Deathseer’s Cowl?) while another item (2 handed weapon?) might increase the damage of Kill Command.

Again, that’s what I’d do as a build suggestion yet I have no idea how this would affect other Sets or builds. If you want no downtime for Skeletons then there should be a small struggle about resource being full or empty or something like that. It’s way much easier to ask developers directly here about a build that has little down time and apart from LoD skeletons.

It could be a simple damage over time, your call. Yet you have to ask this; you have changed Inarius this much, does it really worth the hassle? There are legit Inarius builds out there and you propose to change it from its core.