Beta ruined my plugy after it ended today

Unable to enter game bad header - this is what i get each time I open my plugy and pick any character on single player. this only started after the beta CLOSED. Can anyone give me a clue what happened and how I could fix this? I really dont want to lose my 91 hardcore Character for nothing.

Thanks alot DEVS!

We all knew from the start that beta toons were not going to carry over to launch. Now that the open beta is finished, just let it go. You’re not going to get it back.

1 Like

Why even reply, you understand nothing of the issue whatsoever if you have anything to offer then dont say anything.

It’s odd that the file would be messed up unless you tried to use it in D2R.

Your .d2s file header may have changed format to the D2R format, but I thought they were the same still…

You may be able to figure it out here:
user .xmission. com /~trevin/ DiabloIIv1.09_File_Format . shtml

I use FlexHEX to edit character files.

I suggest creating a new character in PlugY, and opening that .d2s file to compare your old character header. Make sure they’re set to the same value. If that doesn’t work, maybe try to open it and save it again with an online tool like:

dschu012. github.io/d2s/

Always backup your files.

1 Like

Thank you sir, i found the fix.

D2 and D2:R are installed in completely separate folders. So from that link I guess it’s PlugY related and nothing to do with the beta?

I found the fix, its found in the link I posted if anyone has the same problem

Don’t be a smartass. I answered according to the info you provided. You said it started after the beta closed. You did not however, indicate that the problem existed in D2 and not the D2R beta.