Best way to get ancient Meteor staff with high affix?

Just wondering, what the best way is to get an ancient or primal meteor staff with a high affix?

This is to take back to NS… I’ve sanctified one to equip already.

Would it be more efficient to upgrade rares (2 meteor staves out of 6 possible options IIRC)? Or just reforge?

Do both. They are not exclusive.

Fair point. Guess I’ll see which one I have the mats for… probably start with rare upgrades and move to reforging if required.

Another question, which staff is it more important to have max leg affix roll?

The difference in rolls is pretty equal (300-400 vs 400-500 - so both 100% difference) , percentage difference favors Grand Vizier (.25 vs .20) and since Smoldering you’re not always getting max value and it’s a build up vs always getting that percent with Grand Vizier I’d say Grand Vizier is probably more important.

Cheers bud!

Guess I’ll cube Grand Vizier and maybe just reforge Smoldering Cores till I get an ancient one.

Reforging Smoldering Core is not ideal unless you are aiming for a primal, because it always rolls a socket.

2 Likes

Yes. This. Smoldering core rolls that socket, and is less flexible then Vizier (Vizier is better for Speed runs). So Vizier gets the reforges, and your upgrade 2 handed staves for the offchance of winning the lotto on either.

Cheers guys… ok, Vizier gets the reforges and do some rare upgrades after praying to RNGesus… gotcha! :slight_smile:

LOL

Dropped an ancient Smoldering Core…

• 4064.2 dps
  • damage range stat rolled 1741-2097
  • +7% damage
  • max leg affix

But because it’s a smoldering core, I need to roll off the bloody socket for AD so I can’t roll the dps higher.

This is probably still better than the ancient Grand Vizier I previously dropped with 4157.5 dps but only 369% on the leg affix.

Or just use Ramalanis gift for free socket on weapons and then reforce for what you want on it.
Area dmg as Tal is king so getting more dmg on staff wont chance much. Roll socket to area dmg and use gift to get a new socket for free.