Best Pet Builds?

I am looking for the best pet builds with permanent pets and buff like aura like the necromancer of diablo 2.

But i think in diablo 3 the best one are the witch doctor ?

Try Inna monk build this season, very very nice pet build.

4 Likes

Best would currently be Inna. There are the lod necro mage build, wd got a pet build with helltooth set or lod, also the zunimassa/lod dart build. But the best would be inna

1 Like

Inna monk is #1 pet class

2 Likes

True. And sad. How did they get to this nonsense.

1 Like

Dont listen to anyone about inna’s, it’s not a pet build, just spells that have the shape of pets. Same with Necro, just pet shaped spells.

The only pet build is the witch doctor with Helltooth. You can have an army of AI pets, and you cast Wall of Death every 10 seconds. while they kill things.

You can use Legacy of Dreams instead of Helltooth but it’s less damage.

There is also a necro Thorns pet build but it’s very awkward.

Crusader has an awesome pet build with Phalanx archers, but it can’t clear Tier 8 efficiently the damage is terrible.

i’m probably one of the best d3 players over the last decade so take my advice seriously.

1 Like

IKR… I was so looking forward to the Rathma set rework until they botched it up even more.

And WTF does Monk have the best pet set when they can’t even get a set that successfully combines your martial arts generators and spenders? It’s either spam generators with R6 or spam WoL or LTK with SWK… neither makes me feel like a martial arts master. Where’s the alternating between punches and kicks?

2 Likes

I wish the Barb pet set worked correctly. What a joke the Ancients turned out to be.

2 Likes

Advice as bad as this?

2 Likes

Pretty sure you misspelled troll.

3 Likes

There are not enough likes in the world for your comment!!!

Guess u could argue that FB wizz is a pet build aswell?xD if u see MI as pets.

Something simular to d2 though with permanent pets…i guess wd is the closest u get to that. Most pets arent permanent. U could do some necro pet build but yeah prolly not what u looking for.

Inna used to be a pet build until they screwed it all up. I know many people like it more now. But they probably don’t generally like pet builds.

1 Like

To me, a pet build is one where the pets are doing the damage, not you. The new version of Inna has all of your damage coming from the Mystic Allies, so it is a pet build. You need to actively attack things to keep the number of allies at maximum. The old version of Inna had a lot of permanent pets, but they barely did any damage, so I would not classify the older version as a “pet” build.

1 Like

Generator/Spender builds are still pretty common in Monk builds. It’s pretty common to see WotHF Assimilation in WoL builds at higher rifts for the extra damage (often with spirit guards for extra toughness.)

Aren’t all pets basically pet shaped spells when you break it down? I realize that it might not have the right “feel” for what you’re personally looking for in a pet build, but that’s going to be pretty subjective.

They are the same pets, but they just needed a buff. Which they got except that they are now not permanent and are spawned more like a spell with a duration then a pet.

1 Like