Best open world racing games (with a wheel)

Hi everyone,

I am looking for the best racing games that are open world (such as NFS Underground 2 and Forza Horizon 4) and have good steering wheel support.

While I love Forza Horizon 4, the wheel support is unfortunately pretty bad. This led me to look for other games to play with my friend that have solid wheel support. I remember Test Drive Unlimited 2 having decent wheel support, but that game no longer has servers online.

Even if the game is not open world, but allows any sort of progression with your pal, that would be good too. I hate that so many racers don’t even allow you to play the campaign or other modes of progression together.

Any suggestions would be very welcomed! Thank you.

Posting in a the correct section would be a good start.

1 Like

Oops, the forum setup confused me. Thought I was. Thanks for the reminder.

AFAIK - You should be able to move your post to the correct forum yourself.

As always: Define “BEST”

I mean the two things I am looking for is a game with at least decent driving wheel support and good mutliplayer gameplay that allows for progression. That alone seems to elimenate the majority of games unfortuantely.

Forza Horizon 4 would be a great pick if it had good wheel support.

Need For Speed Underground 2 would be a great pick if it was not old and consequently has very mediocre wheel support.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 would be a good pick if it was not decommissioned.

Ideally there would be another game out there in this vein that I had not realized existed, but maybe there is not. If not, I am happy to play a more sim like game, but hoping one of them has a campaign you can play together, or some means of earning money/rewards while playing multiplayer. For instance, Project Cars seems like a lot of fun, but I am not sure if it has any form of multiplayer other than racing each other.

on pc you have a huge range of decent driving games but the best ones are,

Iracing
assetto corsa
project cars 2
rFactor 2