Best gamer mouse to use for playing on battle.net with Mac OS Catalina

I picked up a new Razer DeathAdder Elite Chroma to replace a older travel optical mouse not meant for gaming for a iMac running 10.15 Catalina only to discover that Razer mouse doesn’t fully work with Synapse 2.0 for Mac ( currently 1.86) that even if you grant permissions in security for it to detect the mouse, any restart afterwards requires you to detach the mouse briefly for it to be detected again.

BTW Diablo 3 works fine with Mac OS Catalina!

Reading in Razer’s forum under synapse-problems-with-macos-catalina its shows that even discussed 2 months ago on Reddit, neither a Razer keyboard that another user had or mouse in my case would work without first unplug/plug the USB connector after hibernation or power up. Kinda not the type of workaround I want to deal with.

So does Logitech or other gamer mouse brands work well for the latest Mac OS?

Thanks for reading, hope some here have suggestions on what to use.

Sorry, can’t speak for Catalina but I gave up on Razer & their software & used Logitech ever since. No dramas.
Mojave, 2010 Mac Pro

I was looking at Logitech G502 but observed that GHub encountered a similar issue with permissions with 10.15 Catalina, but Logitech has already shown that they support Macs a lot more than Razer.

In one comment Razer support stated we don’t support any OS in beta only released. Yeah well the time to determine what the new issues of compatibility is with Mac OS betas is during the months or weeks that its freely out there, not after everything is released.

I saw Logitech within a day or two putting out docs about what to do on some software, not GHub yet, but not dancing around OS update issues.

1 Like

There’s often hiccups during a change to a new OS but I found Razer software buggy all the time. Shame as I actually like their mice.

I found a another option to consider for Mac players - SteelSeries - Rival 310 which uses SteelSeries Engine 3.61 which needs similar OS permissions but their support is proactive in responding to people needing help with Catalina.

Update 12-10-19
A followup, BB and Amazon have the Logitech 502 Hero SE (Silver Edition for BF deal) for about $30 currently. This gaming mouse works just fine after granting accessibility to G HUB in preferences for the November 10.15 compatible download for todays official Mac OS X 10.15.2 release.

Once installed you need to shut down the Mac and then power up for the USB Mouse to be fully recognized in G HUB app. If the want to disable the DPI up and DPI down button on the mouse next to left primary click you can. Ergonomic the mouse is a bit more narrow, yet comfortable, and it moves smoothly on top of medium cloth/rubber mouse pad such as a Corsair MM200 (11.5" x14").

2 Likes