Best follower for DoG6 DH S23? Video

See title. Watch video for details.

Ultimate TL;DR: Enchantress, though Scoundrel is good.

1 Like

I run Templar in grifts and Enchantress in T16. Mainly because it’s such a pita to switch gear on them, so having two different setups and all I have to do is hire a different moron to swap makes me happy.

I equip my enchantress with the Captain Crimson’s set when in Grifts for the extra cooldown she receives, making her skill pop off faster. I believe it also reduces the time it takes for the cheat death to come off cooldown. I think. That might not be true but it feels about right. Regardless I combine CC3 (Boots and Pants) with Leoric’s.

This season I’m running S6 and UE. I use the enchantress for my pushes with Shadow and the scoundrel for my speeds and pushes with UE. The scoundrel does a better job of proc’ing his skills where I need them when running UE, and I appreciate the attack speed generated by the enchantress.

With either follower, I use ice climbers in higher GR’s for the cc immunity. A cc’d follower isn’t doing much for you.

I thought this was tested already…But I thought cdr wasn’t doing anything for followers except one of the Templars abilities?

I wouldn’t say it’s completely tested but if it works for a Templar ability then it should for others. There’s no reason to code it to work for some followers and some abilities and not the others.

Not implying it was coding this way, thought it’s possible it could have been…Blizzard isn’t the utmost competent nowadays (imo). Could very well be some sort of bug that cdr doesn’t work on followers. There were atleast a few posts on PTR forums about it not working and probably a few more in general discussion.

Then you’re probably right and it doesn’t work but I’ll keep using the set. Better safe than sorry. lol

We had a similar discussion in the old forums a while ago about CDR on followers. Back then, I tested it with the Enchantress, and the result was pretty clear: CDR doesn’t do anything for her.

It could be that this has changed with the current update, but I wouldn’t bet on it …

But i didn’t necro this thread just for this. :wink:

I started to switch followers for regular Rifts (key farming) and GR. This is faster than swapping gear for them, imho. For Rifts I use the Scoundrel with Sage and Cain, Nemesis of course, the rest doesn’t really matter, imho.
In Greater Rifts I use the Enchantress now. However, there are no Keys/DB dropping in GRs, so 3-piece Sage/Cain becomes useless there. What do you guys think of stacking IAS using Mempo of Twilight, Tal Rashas Relentless Pursuit and 2-pieces of Cain? Does it matter? Or is there no real difference, just as “damage” has no use for followers?

Adding The Witching Hour and Lacuni Prowlers is probably not a good idea, as Nemesis/Sherma are just too good for followers.

Are there any other options to increase the attack speed?

Another question would be: What is stronger?

• 1xCDR on gear and increased elemental damage from the Enchantress, or
  • 1xAD on gear and increased CDR by the enchantress?

Has this been discussed/calculated somewhere or is this another “it doesn’t matter”? The thing is, I recently found some primal shoulders with Dex/Vit/allres, and I can roll CDR or AD on it (but not both) …

2 Likes

Hey man! I didn’t from what I’ve gathered.

It may depend on the class/build. Stacking IAS was primarily proc ESS as much as possible as possible after it’s allowed CD. With FoT being the go to amulet on followers for a lot of builds, I’m not sure what the extra attack speed for other than quicker thunder fury procs/multi shot from scoundrel.

Then again, it’s not like there’s much more you could put here in these slots anyways, except maybe blind faith helm for more CC if CC immunity isn’t an issue for a build.

1 Like

Does Buriza not count for anything anymore with the set since the update?

Hold up… stop the presses. Sherma doesn’t count toward CC immunity?! This would be very odd indeed. How does Sherma escape the CC immunity train while items like Sledge Fist (https://us.diablo3.com/en-us/item/sledge-fist-Unique_Fist_012_x1) would/should render mobs immune within seconds?

Nice video by the way.

Edit:
What about Sultan of the Blinding Sand. A 2h sword with up to a 40% chance to blind. I know that when the Enchantress has that weapon equipped and her Temporal Pulse does an AoE blind on those that get hit with the Pulse. On occasion she has completely C*** blocked the RG and other ranged attackers with that weapon equipped.

1 Like

Nope

No statement was ever given as to why the cord of sherma ignores the rules of CC immunity. I assume it’s an oversight, one that works in our favor.

Having more uptime with cull the weak and potentially BotT using thunderfury is typically more beneficial to DH’s than more CC.

I see, but does Sultan count toward CC immunity?

Yes. Cord of the Sherma is the only exception that I know of.