Battle.net launcher Beta

So… I wonder if they are ever going to finish it. I mean hasn’t it been 3 years already. Not really expecting them to. Just wondering.

Well, D3 was in beta for like 6-7 years. D4 has been out for almost a year and shows no signs of coming out of beta. They are just getting started.

1 Like

The beta version of the launcher?

It’s a rolling beta. Meaning, new changes are pushed to the beta for a while, then pushed to the live, all while newer changes are pushed to the beta. And so on and so forth in a constant cycle.

4 Likes

The beta branch of the client is ironically, usually more stable than the live branch. Fixes tend to be pushed to the beta branch far faster since it is supposed to be a testing branch after all.

Hmmm, I thought the non-beta launcher looked completely different for some reason. I have not used in since the beta launched so that is why I was confused.

The non-beta branch was indeed different up to about two years ago when the live branch became the bloated almost fullscreen miasma we have now (i.e. the version that spews ads at you every day). The good news is you can switch between the beta and live branches easily. The process is the same to go from live to beta as it is to go beta to live.

1 Like