Battlefields of Eternity Missing Checkpoint

In Greater Rifts, all floors featuring the “Battlefields of Eternity” theme are missing a checkpoint at the start.
In the video demonstration, you can see “revive at last checkpoint” sending the character from floor 4 (BoE) to the beginning of floor 3 (desert).
https://imgur.com/a/8Fj5ncm

I’m not sure this is a bug. It has been reported many times in the past.

When a new Checkpoint is created, you will get the popup that says “Reached Checkpoint”. And in all the years I’ve run Greater Rifts, I have never seen a new Checkpoint created every time I entered the next Level.

I always select “Revive at Corpse”. You get a few seconds to fall back and regroup anyway.

1 Like

I’m sorry but you misunderstand the term “bug” and what causes what. Not having a checkpoint is definitely unexpected and probably unintended, although it’s always possible the game designer chose this map specifically to not have a checkpoint. I recommend brushing up on the terminology.
The fact that there is no checkpoint is the reason you don’t see the “reached checkpoint” message, not the other way around.
In addition, I’m sorry, but if you think always selecting “revive at corpse” is the correct thing to do or a viable solution to this issue, then you have never “pushed” a build to place yourself as high as possible on the leaderboards.

You’re absolutely correct. The Checkpoint is there, but you have to get to it before it’s flagged that you “Reached” it. My apologies for using the term “created”.

But, where is it documented that there is (or is supposed to be) a Checkpoint at the beginning of each Greater Rift Level?

You do understand that Checkpoints aren’t even a thing in Adventure Mode, right? They’re leftover triggers from Campaign Mode Quests when Blizzard copy/pasted the content to make Adventure Mode. (The same is true of some PC, NPC and Follower conversations - They’re triggered from Campaign Mode Quests and were not all removed from Adventure Mode).

Put it to the test. Teleport (by Waypoint) to a town that’s not the hourly starting town and see how many times you get Reached Checkpoint. Act I is a good example. Sometimes I don’t get a Reached Checkpoint at all. Sometimes I get up to three of them without ever leaving New Tristram. One when I reach the New Tristram Waypoint. One on the way to the Nephalem Obelisk. And one on the way to Shen, the Jeweler.

First of all, I DID NOT say it was “the correct thing to do”. I said it is what  I  do. I suggest you learn how to comprehend what you read and quit twisting people’s words around.

Second: You do understand that having a Checkpoint at the entrance of each Level of a Greater Rift is irrelevant since the Rift Guardian will teleport to you wherever you are, on that GRift Level? So, what’s the difference in reviving at the entrance or reviving at your corpse? Either way, you have a few seconds to fallback, heal yourself and/or recast your buffs, if needed.

Personally, I wish Blizzard would add Checkpoints to each Greater Rift Level. I think it would be a nice QoL feature.

But, that doesn’t mean it’s currently bugged.

1 Like

If you revive at the entrance you can go up a map level, wait for cooldowns to refresh, then go back down to the boss fully powered up and with defensive buffs active. If there’s no checkpoint at the start of a map, you don’t have that option.

2 Likes

Updating that the (relatively) new Desolate Sands GR map does not have a checkpoint at the entrance either.