Basic for Hardcore difficulty

Hi,
I need some basic numbers for deciding which Torment Level I can safely choose with my crusader.
I am now Paragon ~180 and have Seeker of Light Build on me.
~850k life
How do I determine which GR and Torment is absolutely safe for me?
I need to know which things are dangerous and will probably one-hit me if I dont have the resistance or life.
Like right now I am doing Torment I normal rifts and then I do GR on 12.
Pretty safe but you know, you can never be too safe on hardcore.
Throw some numbers at me so I can calculate better in the future .

Thanks

I think if you can do a GR under 7 minutes without your health bubble losing more than 25%, then you would be safe to go to the next GR. One Torment level is approximately 4 GRs.
If you want to be super cautious, then GR <6min with no Health loss.
It will take a while to progress like that, but you’d be safe.
There is certainly a trade-off between Offense and Defense.
If you kill them first, they can’t get you.
You can also tank everything and take 30min to finish the Rift.:sunglasses:
edit: I only have a couple of toons in EU HC, but I’d be willing to run with you if we could hook up due to the time difference.
I’ll send you a Friend request. You never know.

If you are confortable in T1, I suggest you try T2 carefully, etc… If when you take a hit you lose more than 25% of your life then it means you are not ready and should go back one difficulty until you are tough enough. Always keep an escape route and never keep fighting when you proc!

1 Like

I would love to post a d3planner link to my build but this forum keeps saying I am not allowed to post links even though I am using the proper button for inserting hyperlinks. sigh

Dont know when I should switch to Invoker cause for LoN it will take a long time until I can find Ancients…

We can see your HC Crusader, so links are not needed.
You were just asking us to throw out some basic numbers rather than advice on your build.

You dont know what I was about to post before this forum denied my link so I deleted it. Was kinda frustrating tbh.
Anyway I am up to Torment 3 for Rifts and 20 on GRs.

I am curious what my Seeker of Light build should be capable of running safely…

Thanks for all the tipps so far!
I don’t know but with numbers I was thinking more of:
On T6 monster xy or ability abc does 1.2M damage.
So at T6 you should have at least 1.3M health.
Something like that, I dont know.

I see. I’ve never looked at the numbers in that way.
Numbers like that could be misleading IMHO.
They wouldn’t account for getting ganged up in a corner with Moltens, Poison, and Arcane sentries.
I just play and sometimes I die. I try to have backups for when that happens.
Monster damage doesn’t scale at the same rate as Monster’s health and density…and then there are the environmental effects that can one-shot you.

start with the highest where you get 2-3 shotted and takes time to kill monsters, then move slowly down. you will get betther the same time and you wont get too comfortable on low tiers

There is one philosophy that most people seem to feel is ‘safe’.
That is if you can stand in an explosion pool with arcane and freeze (or poison) and not die, then you are probably at a level if ISP disconnect, lag or BLIZZ disconnection occurs, you will be alive on return.
Consider taking risks in Greater Rifts rather than normal game-play. Play where you can take some damage and kill everything decently.

As Altair said/suggested - move up slowly and, also have an exit strategy if the creatures are kicking the crap out of you. Everyone has experienced a death at a higher level.
If you have a spare Gem of Ease and other gear, you can recreate pretty quickly.

2 Likes

As long as you’re running survival passive you should be okay to sortof test it out for yourself. Start at t1, if nothing hits you stupid hard and you can kill things in a timely fashion then try torment 2, and so on.

Gets real spookie when you can just about one shot everything, and everything can just about one shot you back (looking at you, WD.) The stress is real.

Any full set is good enough for Torment 6 (T6). Once you achieve a good rotation on skills helped with cooldown then you’re free to run through T13. Having gems in sockets is also a good tip. GR70/75 when you start using legendary gems at rank 25. Upgrade your Enchanting from the NPC and increase those gem levels.

I play very safe on HC so take my advice as such. Sherwood is right that most class sets can comfortably play T6. My advice is to always plan an escape, watch your death proc carefully (either retreat until it subsides or be extra careful) and gradually increase your torment/gr levels as described by others in this thread. Despite your best efforts you may still lose an HC character due to circumstances beyond your control (e.g. lagging out against elites, etc.). HC is about real consequences and that rush of adrenaline you don’t get from SC.