Barbarians default race Diablo 4

I just wanted to say thank you so much for making the default Barbarian black. I can’t say how incredibly happy I am with this decision. However please don’t change it for the Chinese audience. There culture should except all races not just Asian and white. Continue being you and diversify without compromising. Thanks again

Nice troll post. Was this because of the pokemon ‘white washing’?

5 Likes

If blizzard is smart they will allow you to make him/her what ever color “race” you want and not lock it to just one.

2 Likes

I used to think races mattered, but then I realized, I’m something of a scientist myself.

2 Likes

Lol im Mexican so therefore im prejudice and an ahole

1 Like

ask any Chinese race they would tell you they never pick their so call class…

they be anything like undead, elf when they are actually humans, female picking male or male picking female.

the reason is because they are playing something different or want to escape to a world of whatever. I cannot speak for ALL but they behave from most I know.

So if there is a player/gamer gets offended like… look I am a black/white/yellow/orange/brown race I do not want to play as black barbs… My profession is lawyer/doctor I want to look like a business suit barb playing style.

Seriously throw the game out of the window or dun play it because this game will eventually kill you one day because you are so serious in the wrong way or it might get into your head. Get out & see the sun or work harder at work or study in school.

FYI barb has no culture it is a videogame so just relax

2 Likes

No. I don’t know anything about the Pokemon whitewashing. I just never saw a default black barbarian in any rpg like this. And I think it’s awesome. Also, I don’t make troll post.

4 months later? Never go full pepega.

2 Likes

They really shouldn’t have black barbarians. It makes no sense. They would have to be a different class with similar abilities like the mages. Barbarians are distincly blood line related and from a snowy area where white would be the normal skin color. Maybe native american esque looking(Besides the heavy bloodline emphasis and shunning outsiders), but not black… they would have to be a totally different race/class from an equatorial area who knows them via political connections or similar or unrelated. Maybe skill sets connect via history, but there is basically no way for it to be genetic without some mass genocide of the original barbarians who moved south. Is there even enough time for inbreading? And I would think that would make for some funky looking barbarians. If the skills passed on maybe. But what else would even be logical contextually. Barbarians are kind of hardup tribe based people who are heavily territorial.

I would rather customizations were more intelligent and fit context. They would need to add some story, unless I missed it, to fit those in properly. Unless it’s magic or something. I like consistency and things that make sense in my storylines. This would make it easier to pick a proper roleplaying barbarian.

If they want black barbarians they should make a second sub class that has different skills(or different arrangement of skills) and make up something new. They could do that and add both mages then and other previous classes if it makes sense to the game. You could add the magic casters that protect the cube and stuff too. But it should really make sense to the story.

7 Likes

Barbs are a tip of the hat to Conan, and there were black characters in the movies.

In Ancient Greek times the original meaning of Barbarians was just anyone who wasn’t Greek. There was no ethnicity attached to it.

Finally, in the game, you can change all this stuff so it doesn’t matter what the default is. You can make any class man or woman, light skin or dark skin. They just wanted to show the different options as a default. There isn’t much more to it than that. Trying to read anything else into it is just silly.

1 Like

Agreeded, “barbarians” are always white “northerners” who live in the snow and mountains, it’s like making a white “witch dictor” wouldn’t make sense

3 Likes

I think you are confusing fantasy barbarians with Vikings.
Not the same thing.

If this is confusing you, wait until you hear you can make Male Rouges.

Not buying d4 until I can play the same Robert E Howard inspired type of barbarian that I have played in every other Diablo game for YEARS that was not changed due to woke racial politics bs. Movies are not books, L2READ. Get woke and go broke Blizzard.

1 Like

I like red bananas. Good luck trying to find any (I bought them all!)

“Race?” Oh, I thought they had finally brought in anything nonhuman and was hoping for fantasy dwarf.

Otherwise, culture/ethnicity… meh. Irrelevant in game as it is in life.

1 Like

For the record, during the height of the Mongol Empire in the 13th century they were often referred to as barbarians, specifically nomadic barbarians.

Aside from that, I think the term “barbarian” these days is more entertainment-based than historical. When people think of barbarians they think of uneducated, uncivilized, non-cultured, and base. And for some barbarian origins, this actually isn’t too far from the truth.

That is its actual definition, from a Roman point of view, as they used it to describe the peoples of Germania and other “not us” places.

: a person from an alien land, culture, or group believed to be inferior, uncivilized, or violent —used chiefly in historical referencesIn the Roman Empire, cohorts … patrolled the provinces, repelling the barbarians and maintaining the emperor’s sovereignty.— Paul C.
Schuytema

Much of Italy had slipped from the grasp of the Byzantines, victim to the vigorous Germanic barbarians… who had begun their migration southward from the forested of eastern and central Europe.— Stephen O’Shea

Barbarians in it general origins where never just white. They were different races from different places.

FYI. The original Vikings weren’t white either.

Why do you think black will be the default race for the barbarian? Considering the story so far I guess the barbarian will be a white guy lore wise with the option to reskin him as another race or gender which is probably going to be purely cosmetic.

2 Likes