Barbarian Set: Might of the Earth

Can we please get some updates on this set? Or the accompanying legendary items that it uses?

To me, Leapquake barb is one of the most fun builds to play for barb and it seems to be the set that gets the least attention.

I feel like the set itself doesn’t really need a change in number values, but completion pieces could use a little help and make it semi-viable once again. Maybe not a top tier build, but at least WORTH PLAYING.

Maybe some changes like:

4-piece Might of the Earth: Leap causes an Earthquake when you land. Additionally, Leap gains the effect of the Iron Impact rune and the rune’s effect and duration are increased by 150% Earthquake gains the Cave-in Rune.

Girdle of Giants: Seismic Slam increases Earthquake damage by 200-250% 500-600% for 3 seconds.

Blade of the Tribes: Non-legendary affix “Increases Earthquake Damage by 150-200%300-400%

Lut Socks: Leap can be cast up to three times within 2 seconds before the cooldown begins. Adds: Leap gains the effect of the Iron Impact rune and the rune’s effect and duration are increased by 150%

Just throwing some ideas out there for the build, as it’s quite fun and entertaining to play to me.

4 Likes

Forcing the dr from leap onto lut socks kinda messes with cold seismic slam build.

Imo it’s more a numerical issue than a mechanical one, the items are there, just not the damage.

5 Likes

I am with Rashiel…
Set should have a built in DR. forcing it to an item that destroys another playstyle isnt right

2 Likes

Balancing of existing sets are postponed after new sets have been balanced. Read the last blog

1 Like

What cold seismic slam build? I’ve literally never seen cold SS build used, or used it. There are other runes for SS that are more viable for a SS build. So moving the leap affix to the leap boots doesn’t break anything or any builds, and makes more sense logically.

I don’t read every single blog post… let alone every single blue post. Most of the time they are talking about things that don’t affect anything substantial, just BS to appease people

They changed Fjord cutter, making a decent cold slam build, it’s weaker than WW rend sure, but it’s probably the second or third strongest barb build after rend. It’s a perfectly viable build, but moving the damage reduction from the set kills it, so that’s why I wouldn’t change that affix.

This build is only using the leap to gain the damage reduction, thus it only needs one leap.

I can understand why you want to move the dr though, but it’s not to improve MotE, it’s to use it in other builds that are not MotE variants. But I advice to keep a damage reduction affix on every set.

1 Like

I noticed that this set, along with others from the same generation or iteration of sets (which I understand were Roland’s, Marauder’s, Delsere’s, not sure for WD, etc. ) all have been left behind even though they have some of the most interesting gameplay imo.

I really want to see a revamp to this - not just damage but something with DR and survive, perhaps something that uses wrenching smash GS for density? - but also to the other sets too. For example, I think that Rolands is one of the most interesting and fun to play sets for any class, and Delsere’s is right there with it. Yet in practice, these builds are modest in their potential and embarrassingly outgunned by other sets - Crusader, Barb, Wiz, all have one build that really gets the focus. This would make the game more fun overall.

Well the WW set has been long under way as it has been a troublesome set for many seasons. But beyond that, I think most of the sets are merely gonna see a number tweak

1 Like

I mean, a number bump is fine for me, my guess would be that supporting items (non set items) will see the tweaks if any. OP had some thoughts along this line of thinking, though I don’t think that a set change is completely out of place. Barb is one of those classes who does not use Avalanche in any of the major builds, and this would be the ideal set to implement it. The problem is that Blade of the Tribes already has EQ damage added to it, so I am not sure what else could be done here. There is no earthquake belt or bracers, though one of the mighty belts causes avalanche on some skill, ground stomp maybe? I guess the questiion for me is what skills are we talking about buffing, EQ only or pairing this skill with something else like Ava or SS/Boulder toss. As of now this playstyle uses focus/restraint and goes back and forth between skills, I’d like to see this maintained and strengthened.

Yes the set need something new, i like to see “seismic slam hit in all directions” and add an effect like cave in

1 Like

WW has a very high potential, it is good for speeds, good for push, it can handle density and can use FoT. He made 146 with 9k paragon and I’m sure he can go further.

The point is, HOW will blizz make other Barb builds competitive?

The adjustment would probably have to be high … MotE for example (with SS) would need at least an increase from 20,000 to 50,000 to be close to WW.

2 Likes

Breh you can increase earthquake damage on blade of the tribes by 5000% and the build still wouldnt be close to top builds.

I’d rather they buff the other items, give them more power, tactical benefits instead of just increasing the set’s numbers.

The set uses leap for more than damage reduction? Every leap causes an earthquake… Which is the primary source of damage for the set…

No, It just makes more sense to put the leap DR with the leap boots, and give the set something more for earthquake in its place. Because currently, you have to choose between the fire rune, or CC with cave-in rune.

I was referring to the cold slam build, which doesn’t use the earthquake damage. They use the same set, but play differently.

I get that aswell, but you could still ask for that, or how about asking to have the cave in effect given by the blade of the tribes, that way, you can have the rune effect on a fitting item, without destroying a fun and powerful build.

I don’t take people who say “breh” seriously. If you increased blade of tribes to 5000%, it would deal insane numbers and would destroy builds. You’re exactly the type of person that shouldn’t be commenting on PTR forums.

Some of us play S.Slam and leapquake, whether it is fire or physical these changes seem like it will hurt 2 of the 3 current builds. Also we have been advocating for an avalanche build to replace the current physical variant…still want my boulder toss avalanche over any other MotE variant buffs personally

Sure you are bud… Stay at the bottom of those leaderboards :slight_smile:

there’s no much room for new things in the “normal” EQ build, 1 weapon to cube, a bracer, maybe a ring? i was thinking something like EQ damage ticks lowers the CD of wrath of the berserker, or EQ damage ticks gives you a damage charges and you release an empowered EQ when wrath of the berserker activates.

blizz can update the skular’s salvation damage and the 300th spear also, to make boulder toos available again, perhaps make a new 1 handed weapon that helps the build oriented to boulder toss and cube blade of the tribes just for rage generation.