Barbarian Players, what do you think about these changes?

I want to emphasize Rage’s point, because it’s really important. And I want to also emphasize that all of our builds–all of them–can easily be brought into relative parity with simple, straightforward buffs to set and item multipliers.

If the devs had tons of time and energy to spend on sweeping changes, yeah, sure, I’d love to see some overhauls. But we can’t even get CMs to post more than once every few months, and we barely get them to interact with the community much less class experts. To say that D3 is on the backburner is an understatement. We’re not getting sweeping changes, but we don’t really need them, either.

All we need are bigger multipliers on sets and supporting items, and all of our builds will achieve relative parity. Not all classes are in such a good potential position.

3 Likes

That would be nice where my preference is to put the modifier on the set when possible as sets often have more broad range of skills that are supported rather than the supporting legendaries for certain builds. Also, some support legendaries may need rather high buffs.

I think that you are correct in that D3’s age as well as other Diablo/Blizzard’s new projects that the changes going forward will be more modest.

When I checked Blizzard tracker, I think the CM team since early May 2020 has posted ~185 times. That works out to 1 post every 1.5 days.

I am not in the know relative to the barb class experts; however, the CM team has spotlighted experts in other classes. Also, they have sought community input on the key content creators where many are class experts.
The CM is looking for some Diablo content creators - General Discussion - Diablo 3 Forums (blizzard.com)

You can tinker with Mote, IK and Raekors all you want and folks still wont play em.

The game has gone into speed builds and speed farming and speed GRs and speed…

My point is you can tweak numbers all you want but the only time folks might play em is if they knock off WW/Rend.

WW/Rend has power, punch and… speed.

You make Mote, IK and Raekors equal on damage and no one will play em. WW/Rend has speed on it’s side.

Barbs needs speed on these unloved sets as well as power boosts.

Make Lut Socks remove the cooldown on leap. Perma leap yes but at least hey, it’ll keep up with GoD DH, chicken doc or WW.

Make IK get a 100% MS bonus with WotB is up.

Raekors can have a speed increase atack from charges.

These could need tweaking, changing or totally redesigned but the key point is to add speed to the sets.

I think players who enjoy those builds, and players who prefer solo over group play, will play the heck out of them. Sure, Rend does everything really well, but Rend–especially for pushing–has a distinct and unique play style, just like EQ, and just like Frenzy, and with a little more juice, there can be more options for more players.

I’ve noted this in the GD thread, but the devs don’t normally balance around group play. If we’re getting buffs, it’s more likely that they’ll shoot for better solo parity.

3 Likes

Yeah some solo players might play em but just watch… folks will always want that speed build.

Speed variants is what we need with buffs too.