So, with all the hype about new Crimson Rend/Wastes set and Cold Slam who else is wondering what the new barbarian set will be about? What would you like to see?
Well, personally I’d enjoy a lot the return of the long lost skill Revenge. It was heavilly used in 2012, and it helped me through act 3 inferno, which was HARD as hell at the time.
I’d like a complete redesign to Revenge, Overpower and Sprint (for mobility) in one single set. Revenge would have it AoE increased, no cooldown/charges and increased damage, while overpower would play a secondary role. It would be a melee heavy hitter build.
For the legendaries we have some big weapons without a legendary power, like The Grandfather and Skorn, for example.
I’d love to sprint to mobs and explode them in pure melee carnage!
4 Likes
OG Inferno mode was ridiculously hard. Remember taking down Diablo for the first time (4 man, I just tried to stay alive while friends did the work haha) and rend was on my bar all the time as well!
Looking forward to the new set. I’d like another two handed set weapon for sure, focusing on primary skills and big fury spends.
2 Likes
Weapon Throw - Ancient Spear - Sprint - Overpower - Ignore Pain - Frenzy
(2) Set: Every use of Weapon Throw or Ancient Spear that hits an enemy reduces the cooldown of Ignore Pain by 2 seconds and Overpower by 1 second. Cooldown reduction has no effect on your character.
(4) Set: Sprint and Ignore Pain gain the effect of every rune and have their duration and effects increased by 60%. Gain 50% damage reduction for 7 seconds after using Sprint or Ignore Pain.
(6) Set: Weapon Throw and non-chain Ancient Spear double throw. The damage of Weapon Throw, non-chain Ancient Spear and Overpower is increased by 15,000%.
I think the bonuses are pretty self-explanatory. If there´s a new set, it should stay away from WotB-Ancients (IK), Leap-Quake-Slam-Shouts (MotE), WW-Rend (Wastes), Furious Charge (Raekor), so there´s not much left.
IP+Sprint on steroids would perform as pseudo WotB, grant DR, dodge, mobility, CC immunity, Fury heal. Frenzy could be turned into an on-hit activating aura when dual-wielding.
Throw+Spear+Overpower (Storm of Steel) form a cool damage combo from the skills that are left. Yes Spear is in MotE, but nobody really uses it (would remove it from that set).
MotE needs to give some more love to Avalanche and I´d be satisfied:
- Slam has a 45-60% chance to cast Avalanche (Fury gen. for Slam spam)
- enemies hit by Avalanche boost Slam damage (damage bonus)
Bash / Cleave equivalents are Crusader´s Shield Bash and Sweep, I wouldn´t personally want a generator set…and the only way I can think of making Revenge usable is doing something like PoE does with counterattacks or maybe that new (psn) aura which stores up damage you deal to enemies with other skills and when it fills up you can release the aura to deal DoT damage to nearby enemies.
4 Likes
Yeah, it would be cool if we had an interaction between overpower + other skill, where overpower could act as a detonator and the other skill as a build up power, or vice versa.
2 Likes
I’m hoping for a generator set. There’s plenty of options and reason to since these aren’t used at all because they are too weak.
1 Like
I would like to see 2 variants of new barb set:
- Frenzy/Bash, something like Roland set for crusaders. We already have few leg-items for this set, so its not gonna be too hard to create this.
- 1h+shield barb! I want to use this Stormshield! This icon shield from D2 is so useless in D3… We even have passive for this playstyle and few items with block chance. Main skill can be Revenge, Overpower or even both.
3 Likes
I’m all for a shield use. Restricting a “barbarian” class to only using two weapons or 2 handed is pretty sad. Even the old figures found depicting a berserker were ones of the berserker biting a shield.
1 Like
It’s just cruel to get us hoping there will be a double throw barb…
I want a set where we can equip 2 handed weapons 1 handed.
5 Likes
Stop posting false statements. Inferno and hard in one sentence is and understatement for a barb.
Need that cota / primary set with a skill that is under used.
what about a shout set? like puting a 1 handed/shield barb that hits with revenge and revenge generates charges of damage that you release it with threatening shout
2pc- Revenge has a 20 yard radius and costs fury instead of charges. Enemies struck by revenge will be overpowered.
4pc- Revenge refreshes the duration of ignore pain, and ignore pain gains the effects of all runes. You have a chance to overpower enemies who strike you while ignore pain is active.
6pc- You can wield two handed weapons in one hand. Revenge and overpower will strike with both weapons at once.
3 Likes
I want a set in which we can equip two barbarians on each hand that are equipping 2handed furnaces at each hand.
6 Likes
Perhaos a set that allows for 2 2hd weapons rather than a skill? Just spitballing.
2P Primary skills deals 400% more damage.
4P After using Ancient Spear you take 60% less damage.
6P Generators deal 4000% more damage. Attacking with different Generators stacks the damage.
New power: Night’s Reaping - When Ancient Spear doesn’t hit, you drag yourself to the targeted location.
Or something like this:
2P Revenge gains all Runes.
4P Revenge reduces your damage taken by 50%
6P Primary skills and Revenge has their damage increased by 1000% per block chance you have.