Barbarian Fury Drain

Hi. Sorry for the noob / stupid question. But I’m going crazy trying to figure out why my Fury drains. Even when I’m not doing anything or killing anything simply standing still my fury slowly drains to zero is this normal? I even have the animosity skill active

That is normal. Barb is the one class that normally depletes its resource.

You can use the Unforgiving passive to stop that.

That’s just how barb fury works. You need to constantly attack or be attacked to generate it, or wear items that generate fury faster than it drains, such as the BK set mighty weapons.

Awesome thank you all for the replies. Sorry for another question if you don’t mind? I keep reading about BK or Wrathes? Are these items you have to craft? Are they just random drops you have to be lucky enough to get through farming? Or is this something a specific boss drops?

Yes, those are just random drops. If you play enough, they will eventually drop. Other methods include gambling blood shards with Kadala, and using the cube to upgrade rare items to legendary/set items.

1 Like

Just think of the (D3) Barbarian as a berserker. When they’re calm, they haven’t worked up a “Fury”. As they fight, they work themselves into a rage, building up their Resource (Fury). At that point, they can use their more powerful Skills.  

The (D3) Barbarian does have a Passive Skill, Unforgiving, that allows them to generate Fury instead.

1. BK is the Bul-Kathos’s Oath Set (Mighty Weapons).
  2. Wrath is the Wrath of the Wastes Set (Barbarian Armor).

These items are random drops. They are not crafted in the strictest sense. (More about that shortly). In some Seasons you can earn it for free by completing the first four Chapters of the Season Journey.

When you collect enough Blood Shards you can gamble with Kadala for the pieces you need. Any Rare Level 70 items can be then taken to Kanai’s Cube and upgraded to Legendary items in hopes of getting what you want.

You can craft the exact type of Level 70 Rare items you want at the Blacksmith. Then, take them to Kanai’s Cube to upgrade.

These items do not drop from specific monsters or specific Bounties. You just have to:

• Grind
  • Farm
  • Gamble
  • Craft (Level 70 Rare)
  • Upgrade

Good luck and good hunting!  

TimberWolf beat me.

2 Likes

When did the Forum PVP start? :eyes:

More information here:
https://maxroll.gg/resources/kanais-cube#Hope-of-Cain
https://maxroll.gg/resources/using-kadala-efficiently
This next link is handy when you’re levelling as well - if you’ve got shards to burn then you can work out what level to spend them for the specific thing you want:
https://www.d3planner.com/game/kadala
Disclaimer: I keep posting links to Maxroll but I have no affiliation with the site or any of its members. I just find it far more useful than Icy Veins. If I’m overdoing the spamming, someone let me know and I’ll stop. :speak_no_evil::see_no_evil::hear_no_evil:

Unless you are overflowing with Blood Shards, using Kadala for weapons is not a good idea.
Armor pieces yes.
Better to craft level 70 yellow Mighty Weapons and upgrade at the Cube.

That was the gist of one the links I posted above…

• Never gamble Amulets
  • Never gamble Weapons
  • Only gamble Rings when you have no other options, or when you are playing a different class
  • Gamble Belts and slots overlapping with your class-specific items (e.g. Chest Armor for Demon Hunters or Helmet for Monks) after everything else

Thank you so much for the help!

If I may ask another question since you seem really knowledgeable:

I’m brand new to this and enjoying it. I have been playing the solo story mode and am currently at level 40. Not sure if my barb is up to par for whew I am.

Current stats:

Strength: 1384
Dex: 50
Int: 50
Vit: 1224

Above those core stats where it shows a sword displays 5279, then shield shows 57.3k and above the medical sign 8407

I don’t have any great items at all. Only thing legendary are bracers of destruction, broken crown and chaingmail.

Am I doing a poor job or something wrong? And when I play “online” does this character carry over from solo mode? Thanks!

Just for the record: The operative phrase here was:

If I have all the pieces I need except my Weapons and I keep collecting Blood Shards, I’m going to spend them on Weapons with Kadala.  

I do the same with Jewelry, if I have all my other items.

Nope, just enjoy the storyline / campaign for now and once you’ve finished that, it unlocks access to Adventure Mode. Once you reach level 70, you’re likely to play in Adventure Mode exclusively as that’s where you can do Nephalem Rifts, Greater Rifts and Bounties, which is the “end game” content of Diablo III.

1 Like