Barbarian Buff Proposal

Barbarian buff proposal

This proposal seems to be asking for too much. How many items are barbarians actually expecting them to buff?

3/1/2018 Patch 2.6.1a: No game changes

5/29/2018 Patch 2.6.1b: No game changes

8/7/2018 Patch 2.6.1c: No game changes

1/15/2019 Patch 2.6.4: 6-piece class set bonus changes for each class

5/14/2019 Patch 2.6.5:

Class-Specific Items (10)
Barbarians (0):
Crusader (2): Akkhan’s Leniency, Jekangbord
Demon Hunters (2): Sin Seekers, Wojahnni Assaulter
Monks (0):
Necromancer (3): Bloodtide Blade, Iron Rose, Grace of Inarius (6 piece set bonus)
Witch Doctor (2): Carnevil, The Dagger of Darts
Wizard (1): Chantodo’s Will

ALL (1)
Sage Set

?/?/2019 Patch 2.6.6:

Class-Specific Items (2)
Barbarians (1): Mortick’s Brace
Crusader (0):
Demon Hunters (0):
Monks (0):
Necromancer (0):
Witch Doctor (1): Spite
Wizard (0):

ALL (4+7=11)
Crafted Sets:

1. Sage’s Journey
  2. Captain Crimson’s Trimmings
  3. Aughild’s Authority
  4. Cain’s Destiny

Items

1. Flavor of Time
  2. The Executioner
  3. Stone Gauntlets
  4. Echoing Fury
  5. Squirt’s Necklace
  6. Messerschmidt’s Reaver
  7. Legacy of Dreams (New Legendary Gem)

Barbarian Buff Proposal List 1

This list represents the bare-bones buffs needed to various items to achieve the desired parity between builds, and to increase build diversity for LoN and primary skill builds.

1. Wrath of the Wastes (4)
  2. Skull Grasp
  3. Girdle of Giants
  4. Fury of the Vanished Peak
  5. Gavel of Judgment
  6. Standoff
  7. Bastion’s Revered
  8. Oathkeeper
  9. Dishonored Legacy
  10. Blade of the Warlord
  11. Arreat’s Law
  12. The Three Hundredth Spear
  13. Skular’s Salvation

Barbarian Buff Proposal List 2

The changes requested in this list are considerably more complicated.

1. Wrath of the Wastes (6)
  2. Ambo’s Pride
  3. Skull Grasp
  4. Mortick’s Brace bracers reintroduced to the game. Affix: “Wrath of the Berserker gains the effect of every rune.”
  5. Lamentation new legendary affix
  6. War of the Dead new legendary affix
  7. Standoff
  8. Remorseless new legendary affix
  9. Gavel of Judgment
  10. Skular’s Salvation
  11. Fury of the Vanished Peak
  12. Bracers of Destruction
  13. Girdle of Giants
  14. Blade of the Tribes
  15. Dread Iron new legendary affix
  16. Sledge of Athskeleng new legendary affix
  17. Bul-Kathos’s Wedding Band new legendary affix
  18. Fjord Cutter new legendary affix
  19. Fury of the Ancients
  20. Saffron Wrap new legendary affix
  21. Skull of Resonance new legendary affix
  22. Madawc’s Sorrow new legendary affix
  23. Oathkeeper
  24. Bastion’s Revered
  25. Blade of the Warlord
  26. Dishonored Legacy
  27. The Undisputed Champion
  28. Arreat’s Law
  29. The Three Hundredth Spear new legendary affix

Buffs to Passive Skills

1. Tough as Nails
  2. Juggernaut
  3. Sword and Board
  4. Superstition
  5. Relentless
  6. Pound of Flesh
  7. Inspiring Presence
  8. Unforgiving
  9. No Escape
1 Like

The proposal isn’t a “hey we want the world” it’s about bringing some items, buffs and gap closing measures to a class that has long been neglected.

If you think it’s to do with just a few recent patches vs other classes then I think you are missing the point.

The fact that list 1 is so big shows just how bad the current state of the barb class is.

It’s not a p!ss!ng contest, it’s just two list highlighting the gap in a class.

5 Likes

Hey look MicroRNA made a burner account. :rofl:

8 Likes

I always wanted a passive called light armor. Increase movement speed by 50% and receive 25% more damage just to help us farming key and bounties.

:joy: Actually laughed out loud at this, friend looked at me weird

4 Likes

If we get Ambo’s (Rend support), Weapon Throw, and Primary support in general, I’d be one happy camper.

1 Like

Whole list is a lot. Won’t lie. Doubt anyone expects the whole list. Would be very nice to get 5-6 item updates to put more builds at relevance for the patch we’re currently at though.

2 Likes

Since 2.6.1, every change make balance much worse than before. Some class only get a few new builds. They spent a year on wiz, make em op in almost every aspects. Nec mechanic is still broken…etc.

I don’t believe any words or promises from blz. New set? come on… they comes after a year at least. Balance changes? The balance broken after 3 months.

The worst thing is, they said they worked hard, but the result is, the update processing is so slow and kill everyone’s patient. They are good at making a beautiful promise, (sorry they don’t even made a promise for barb) ever since previous elite dev team left d3.

1 Like

Im kind of new to d3, but I think barbarian is a fun class, it suits me. I have some thoughts, take them or leave them. Change wrath of berserker rune arreats wail to something increasing barbs stats including cool down rate, resource cost, fury generation, and area damage. Get rid of barb losing fury, I think its the only classes with a resource that degenerates. Change berserker rune or add different passive causing barb to do more damage based on number of fury barb has, not %. If crusader can 1 hand a 2 handed weapon barb should easily be able to hold two 2 handers. A side note, im really kind of annoyed when I do about 1000B to 7000B per shot and hit almost 3 times a second that everyone else gets my kills on elites. A necro cursing a target doesn’t deserve that credit. Maybe make some items a little more barb exclusive, cough echoing fury cough. Oh, bul-kathos should probably be better than they are. After all I remember always hearing about bul-kathos as barbarian lore, who the hect is Istvan? Hey bracers of destruction could use a buff that limits it to 5 enemies and if it is 5 or less idk maybe gives more damage and it be a fair percent, anything less than 300 is kind of a joke. Maybe stop making other classes that are suppose to be fast already have so much power. You make barb slow that makes sense but weak too? Yet wizards and demon hunters are fast can attack at unreal rates and do that much damage? my buddy plays demon hunter and can kill me from so far off the screen I cant see him to be able to brawl with him. Could be because he can literally fill my screen with arrows and rockets and whatever else all at once and if that’s not enough his class has an elusive ring which does what my band of might does plus a beckon sail? look that one up anyone whos never heard of it, its buff is real impressive. also im tired of wizards thinking they are good because they can follow a build sheet. they shouldn’t be that much more powerful than other classes. Ive played with some who have told me they hit 300 T. Dude i know my barb isn’t the toughest thing out there by any means but im lucky to see a tenth of that. I mean really you need vyrs and whatever chantanooga two piece set and suddenly a person thinks theyre actually good at this game. I made a barb design in season 17, my first season. Since season 18 Ive seen their is a build now that has become very popular among barb players and is pretty close to what I had come up with. I had not accounted for crimson set and have enjoyed the use of it I must admit. I apologize this is kind of a disorganized rant, but I just got home from work saw these forums or threads or whatever and wanted to throw my two cents in. I have a few other thoughts to maybe make barb more smooth. Please let me know any of your thoughts regarding these ideas even if they are to tell me they are terrible. All that said, its time to kill stuff. Peace ya’ll!