Barb needs something

I agree 100%. I hope development team is aware of this as well. Playing yo-yo with damage multipliers won’t bring anything to the class and drive it away from potential LoN builds.

At least solo a lot of things I can thing of but with so few options Barbs fixed in place. Morticks is good but only one zerker passive that does damage.

Barbs need something…

…a hug? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

…but seriously there’s already a big thread about what barb needs…

1 Like

WW cant change because of fixed set/Eq or Hota are the same. My Lon Hota was better then my regular IK set. Bit more diversity on gear :slight_smile: I would be ok with Lon. LOL Cant hurt to poke the bear with a stick:)

Well ww, 6 piece should apply the damage to both rend and ww
and morticks needs a little kick

Rend belongs on IK set since he stands still more like a monks regen,WW im not sure how thay can fix that? Damage per fury?

Just make WW aply (cast without the animation) rend on hit and add the 6 piece set bonus to rend like JesusSaves mentioned.

This way everytime you hit an enemy with whirlwind the enemy will also be affected by rend at the same time.

Problem solved…

Simple fact is barb lacks diversity in passives and gear. We cant change much nemmy is a staple any gr over gr 90. I don’t know the fix tbh but it needs single target somehow some way :slight_smile:

Create a second type of Wastes set, replace Rend with Overpower.
Add 6 point bonus power: casts Overpower every couple of seconds.
Change the multipliers to balance.

1 Like

That would do nothing. In the build, WW deals 256x as much damage as Rend, and slapping a 10k multiplier onto Rend is still not enough. Since Rend is a static DOT that can’t crit and doesn’t proc AD or Bloodshed, you would need an additional scaling mechanic to further boost Rend damage–which is exactly what we asked for.

Applying Rend on hit is a bad idea, folks. We really need to put that to bed. It doesn’t do anything to solve our problems, and anyways, auto-casting spenders is bad design. The point of Rend in the set is to gather big clumps of density, then Rend them, and WW through them. There’s an intent behind the design. Now all we need is to get the damage and utility to be worthwhile.

1 Like

I’ll say that if they change any useless rune of WotB for: Regenerate “X” Fury per second, things Will change a lot… Builds like Earth SS and WW Will beneficts from this.

Barbarians trouble are not about regen of fury…

You sure? Because play Istvan’s WW version is hard as hell, and same with SS Earth set. If we’d have another way to generate Fury fast, instead of Bul-Khatos or Ancients, trust me those build gain a lot.
For instance in SS Earth build, you can remove 2IK set piece and CoA, to put more dps items. And same with WW, if you don’t need to worry about Fury you can go with better dps runes or have better resource sustain with Istvan’s.

I am sure. What those need is more damage output. Istvans ww will not climbe higher just cause of regen. You got passives that can do that for you and it cannot do anything. It’s not like you magically get more damage for more regen. Those builds gain nothing from more regen. All regen does is either a, for ss, you can get a bit more damage out, but not much. For ww you get slightly more damage and could potentially go with Aquila and then you would lose Mantle of Channeling…
It’s rather simpel and has been written plenty of times : it needs more damage.

Instead of making posts that don’t benefit at all, go read up on what Free and others have written for proposals.

Thrive on Chaos use to be fury regen way back when. It got nerfed because it gave perma Zerker. They could bring it back and we could drop the Ancients shoulders but with nothing to chose from it wouldn’t make much difference. Barb class has to have passives reworked in some way. That or change the affixes on some of the Barb gear. Doesn’t matter how fast you swing that hammer Gr 110 and up it still does no damage without a multiplier from some thing.

I didn’t realize that Rend was and is a DOT that can’t do the above. Blizzard allows EQ to proc AD, Bloodshed, and Crit, but Rend can’t. Now I have a greater understanding for how bad Rend really is. :crazy_face:

I still can’t believe they never updated Skorn to be something like “enemies affected by Rend take 200% more damage from Whirlwind” or whatever. It makes Rend required for Wastes basically. It solves a lack of power problem.

Ugh. I feel like that idea was mentioned every PTR for 4 years. Remember the original Wastes design too? Where they actually wanted this idea?

Wrath of the Wastes
New Set
(2) Set Bonus

• Rend deals 400% increased damage

(4) Set Bonus

• Rend lasts 400% longer

(6) Set Bonus

• Whirlwind deals 400% more damage to enemies affected by Rend

I have never been a barb, mostly because of the toons. I mean you have a 90 yr old man and a woman that is fat and has type 2 diabetes. The one thing I think that the Barb needs is a visual toon update which represents Barbarians, not a grandfather and a fat bingo player.

First of all, the female barb is thiccccc. Definitely not fat. The male barb is a seasoned war vet. I’d say, he’s in his late 30’s or early 40’s. He just looks aged from all the battles he’s been in.

He doesn’t have any powers to stay far away from the fight like some coward. He comes in with a giant axe and swings it with brute force. That’s a barbarian. no light show, just pure brute strength.

3 Likes

You’re kidding, right?
http://ximg.co.uk/images/2019/08/08/d3_female_barbarian.jpg
Trapezoids, biceps, slim waist, six-pack abs, well toned quadriceps…