[Barb] H90 Focused Feedback

What is “EoF” ? :confused:

Echo Fury or should I call it EF?

So would you say the EF is out and Azure is in?

I think so. Yesterday I did 6:28s GR120 with Azure…Really a good map.

1 Like

lol,
both sVr and Rob are commenting how inferior the Barb is:
here is what sVr commented in the description of his Youtube video:
“The Barb RGK that we tested in this pairing is a failed attempt at an RGK. Crusader and Necros do the job much better. You can find a link to Rob’s PoV (Barb RGK) down below.”

5 Likes

The bottom line is that in any prolonged fight, the 2-piece bonus is nullified by having all runes on Frenzy. When Rob says, “They didn’t think about this,” he’s right. Right now, we get the bonus from Feared or Frozen mobs. Okay, cool. Except that both are hard CC and will make monsters go CC immune. So will Stun, which is applied from Frenzy, because Undisputed Champion grants all Frenzy runes.

Elite, RG, it doesn’t matter. Sooner or later, they all go immune to hard CC, and when that happens, that 2-piece bonus is effectively worthless. If that isn’t addressed, the set is broken on arrival.

I’m really bothered by the way this has not been addressed by the developers, and why there hasn’t been some kind of post about this. Just change the Fear to Stun and the Frozen to Slowed and KABOOM! The 2-piece set bonus is not only fixed, it’s very, very good. It’s really that simple.

I don’t know why we have to stress this during the patch that is, in part, focused on the new Barb set, but developers: Please don’t let H90 release broken.

Please listen to your community.

The Fear and Frozen were interesting ideas but, alas, don’t work in practice.

The 6-piece bonus needs a buff to make up for the way Bastion’s divides damage and Stricken stacks against more than 1 target.

For solo play, the DR in the 4-piece bonus must be increased.

The Elemental damage bug with Bastion’s needs to be fixed.

If these things aren’t done, the set has no distinct identity, no purpose, and no role that other Barb builds (and/or classes) don’t perform better.

Looking at the lack of communication in the PTR forum, I have a sinking feeling about this patch.

17 Likes

not only about this patch but about the whole new Season^^

2 Likes

Its been quiet…too quiet.

1 Like

So am I.

Here is something that could also be done:

Bastion’s Revered

BASTION’S REVERED

Instead of spliting the damage between the chained enemies, they could mirror the exact damage to those chained. And drop the fear/frozen altogether.

• Frenzy now stacks up to 10 times and hits an additional time per stack. Each additional hit will chain to any enemies within 15 yards and the damage is split (mirrors) between all affected enemies.

THE UNDISPUTED CHAMPION

Can be increased to 400 - 500%

Have you tried to estimate the GR increase your suggestions would give?

The change to undisputed champion would be ~1.4 GRs above the current item.

Bastion’s revered is harder to calculate in terms of functional GR DPS difference. What is your GR estimate?

Why aren’t you like…in the WD forum begging for nerfs or something with your charts of incomplete cherry picked data? Why are you still here Mr. Balance? Hasn’t this community stated several times we don’t value your input here with your biased data and wish you would move on? Go fight for your balance somewhere else.

15 Likes

Don’t concern yourself.

When I need your annoyance I’ll cry out

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice

7 Likes

He was seeking every chance to inflame the barb community, derail the feedbacks. Look at all his response, did he actually has some Frenzy runs/tests?

No. Look at the following:

All he was doing is, hey that guy, he cleared 135, NOOOO, barb should be nerfed…
Hey, rob did 150, Frenzy rgk is strong, nerf it! it can’t be dps.
U know, he even made a table…lol…

He know little about barb, he hate our community, cuz last time his attempt fails.

Maybe he will hate us again. But we barb didn’t do anything to other class…we didn’t even call nerfs to crus, wd, wiz…why… ?

Jealous. Cuz our community is so great, so united, so constructive.

But why don’t u make a great dh community?

13 Likes

I never said the frenzy barb build should be nerfed. I said it may not be as weak as some are saying. I have not even made an estimate of the build’s potential. To DieHarder, I simply asked if he could estimate what his Bastion Revered buff would be in terms of functional DPS.

P.S. I have posted in the PTR feedback forum that the current PTR iteration of witch doctors should be nerfed as they are already GR 145 non-season clears on the PTR. I suspect that there power will look like/approach crusaders in patch 2.6.7a. I only played a barb this season. I enjoy playing the class. I just prefer game balance more.

1 Like

Oooh, so you never actually said “Nerf”.

Well that changes everything!

But you always insinuate it in some form or another.

4 Likes

Please just focus on what I wrote and not what you project my words to be something they are not. I am not shy and try to be straightforward. If I think a build should be nerfed, I will say it directly and it will be unambiguous. I said that lamentantion buff should be 100% rend damage modifier during last PTR and that the top solo non-season performance would be higher than what most were willing to say (GR 144-146).

I do not hide my views. I try to be conservative in my estimates. Considering that they nerfed the two classes that cleared GR 145 in non-season in patch 2.6.6, it should make sense to everyone now with 20/20 hindsight what I was thinking that the rend build could clear a similar number that we now know is GR 146 at 150% rend on lamentation.

Micro you are an enigma to me. You are very clearly a LOT smarter than the vast majority of posters here, most of whom see your name and hurry to post some infantile insult.

My question is why. This game is basically dead and has been for some time. Whether right or wrong, why spend so much time and effort crunching these numbers and enduring all this pre-teen angst (most of which goes unmoderated) ?

If i was you id be playing the stock market and not waste my time w this nonsense. I guess there is a chance you are (?) and your superhuman ability to not take the bait with all the blatant flaming is because you’re on a beach in fiji sipping a cocktail.

I need to know.

3 Likes

I still think my solution “Feared enemies are slowed by 99% and take double damage” is probably the best solution. 99% slow isn’t that game-broken, I’ve played LoL a lot and 99% slow isn’t op at all. Beside, it fits their “predator” fantasy.
About the 4-pc bonus, yes, it needs buffing, but I think it also need a little rework so we don’t get one-shotted at 0 stack, into “While at least one shout is active, gain 30% dr, increased by 4% for each Frenzy stack.”, it will not just be a good buff but also be a link between 2pc and 6 pc bonus.

2 Likes

There are a lot of smart posters on the forum. I realize that posters globally have a wide range of difference in intellect, education, personal background, real world and video game experiences. I try to take things in stride. I realize that I often respond to posters who will never accept the truth in what I say. I’m ok with that. My response is not for them, but others who read the forum with an open mind. At the end of the data, I hope the logic of the numbers will win out.

I enjoy learning new things, number crunching, and logic puzzles. Over the past few months I have learned how to use Blizzard’s API which makes number crunching much easier for me than when I tried to do it in the past.

In terms of not taking the bait, I take pride in it, even though I do fail at times. During the last PTR, I caught a ton of flack about what I wrote; however, I also have received positive feedback for standing up for the truth. I realize that others may be unwilling to voice their views in face of criticism. I will admit a certain pleasure in reading what I wrote and its response given what turned out.

I am not sitting on a beach sipping cocktails but I have a good life.

I’m really bothered too, the current state of 2-pc bonus is just too weak. I think the reason why Blizzard hasn’t address this yet is because it’ll make the 2-pc bonus too strong to be able to pair with another set via RORG, like IK set. It’ll basically double the DPS and then double shout effect (40% on bloodshed).

I propose Blizzard to change the 2-pc to double shout effect only, and then buff the DPS portion and move it to the 4-pc bonus.