Balance problem

Hi, it looks like I should have written here…
It is possible to change the difficulty level adjusting to the strength of the character, but this does not take into account the imbalance of the experience gained, which leads to early character development. When new skills no longer appear, and the end of the game is still far away, it quickly gets boring. It would be great to be able to untie the experience from the difficulty level of the game.

It is difficult to understand whats your point.

But it seems that you have only the base game.
You should buy the expansion Reaper of Souls.

The base game is not really playable anymore, at least on pc.

With RoS it takes just a few hours to get into the endgame a.k.a paragon grinding.

That’s right, I only have a standard game. And in it, the balance needs to be improved.

1 Like

Then get Reaper of Souls expainsion.

And there that the balance is fixed or how is this problem solved?

The development is focused on the expansion.
The base game just got worse over the time.

We do not know what you prefer. There is no more early or midgame in RoS.
Start a season at 17:00 and you need only 2-3 hours to get lvl 70. You get a free 6 piece set, which get you started to farm higher difficulties.

At the late evening you are already farming paragon levels.

It turns out that I was hoping for a balance of experience in pink glasses, and then the situation is not only not fixed, but much worse than in the standard version. Well, in any case, even if my voice is an absolute minority, I voiced it. Let the developers decide for themselves what to do with it all) Thanks for the reply.

I’d recommend getting RoS regardless. Without it you are missing most of the game anyway, including the actual endgame.

I saw you had seasonal characters. You do realize you can’t complete even chapter 1 of the journey without RoS?

1 Like

Do you mean that a seasonal character is some kind of restrictions on the passage of the plot? I just got to Azmodan with my demon hunter, but I got tired of playing a character who got level 60 and I converted him into a seasonal one for nothing to do. In general, I don’t need additions, because a classic game would be enough for me. I would just like to untie the experience bonus from the game difficulty level.

No, the season journey is a separate activity with rewards. Nearly all of its objectives require RoS. Click Shift+J ingame to open the journey.

However without RoS you don’t even have access to the entire campaign. Act 5 is a major part of the story and RoS content.

No one’s forcing your hand but “settling” for the base game alone is like choosing the cheap product just to save 10% while getting 80% less.

1 Like

Well, it’s okay, I ticked “seasonal character” just for the sake of interest. It’s not critical for me. Probably, you will agree with me, no matter what kind of game is interesting and cool - if you play it for a long time, even this will start to get boring. That’s why after what I’ve already managed to go through, it’s enough for me to play once before the end of the standard game) But perhaps this is my personal preference. Anyway, thanks for the clarification.

The campaign is a different story :slightly_smiling_face:

The campaign is an relict and you only play it for the storyline. The focus was shifted towards the adventure mode.

Generally, you would not play the campaign anymore in a season.

You would play the adventure mode and run mostly greater nephalemrifts, nephalemrifts and a few bounties.

1 Like

The process to get to level 70 is, for me, far more interesting than the continual grind afterward (what people call “endgame”) as it has far more variety of playstyle given you’re forced to use skills and equipment you’d likely never use later simply because it is all you have and likely will have for a while given that increasing Torments is not easy to do. Make the character hardcore and it amps the angst and trepidation.

Sure, there are parts of post-70 that are mildly enjoyable… but I’m personally at the point where I play to 70, delete the character and start over. I try to not take shortcuts, either, but sometimes I just get annoyed and do so.

1 Like

The base game you can still play. But in a way you really can only play solo. I just work on somebody computer that they had just the base game. You can play with other people but only in the story side. They can play in ADV Mode but just solo.

Ok swap playable with enjoyable.

On the last gen consoles e.g. PS3, patch support was dropped and these versions are enjoyable. You can still play a “classic” version of the game.

But on pc, they applied patches that weren’t really meant for the base game.