Bake Devouring Aura into Devour

Can we rework devour to have the devouring aura rune baked in by default? Everybody who knows what they’re doing uses the numlock trick, which is annoying to have to turn on and off in between activities. Several builds benefit from spamming this skill as often as you can, which sucks for your fingers, your keyboard (or controller), and your channeled abilities.

In builds where you are able to spam devour, there is no benefit to not using it as often as possible. In builds where you aren’t able to spam devour, you just don’t take the skill at all. Please rework the skill so we don’t have to numlock it or otherwise spam it as fast as humanly possible. Thank you.

I would prefer if it was a “toggle” option that automatically cancels when you try to do something like tp, id an item, or whatever else

1 Like

I feel like the main issue with Devour is a short-sighted design choice between ease of use vs. added benefits with respect to devouring aura vs. the other runes. The issue becomes apparent when you realize that the numlock trick (or spamming the skill) make any other rune strictly better, since numlock accomplishes everything devouring aura does but with the added benefit of another slotted rune and a much higher devouring radius.

I feel like the best quality of life change for everyone involved is to simply bake devouring aura into devour so players don’t have to put up with the nuisance of using the numlock trick or spamming the skill, while still enjoying the benefit of other runes.

i want it to be a toggle too.

Its really the thing that with some builds and especially some revive builds (which are only “fun” so far, not competitiv) you want to get your essence up and stop devour on purpose so that you can revive. And then after this start devouring again.

Thank god on pc we have the numlock trick for the rats / lancers under us.

Mod Edit: Removed inappropriate language from post.

1 Like

I’ve said a few times that Requiem Cereplate should be changed to also grant the cannibalize rune. That would give non-numlockers at least one option.

But any solution would get my vote. I would play necro way more if I didn’t have to resort to this gimmick.

1 Like

Imo Devour, devouring aura should have been a level 10 passive instead of an actual ability

1 Like