Bad ethereal drop rate

i have ran over 20 greater rifts with no ethereal drops or primals but can watch streamers get a ethereal one 5 straight gr runs something here is not right please look in to this

RNG

#Missingcharacters

1 Like

that’s true to a point but its not everything that way to many rifts to get a drop and watching others get way way way more drops in a very short period

Bad luck is not a bug, and players should stop thinking that it is. If it were a bug it would be affecting everybody and obviously it isn’t.

I got a Doomslinger at lvl 6 on the first day of season. Then went 8 days and nothing. I just got 3 this morning.

Is the drop rate bad? Probably. But again, bad luck is not a bug.

It’s not just ethereals, either. Players complain about primals, Ramaladni’s Gift, that one item they are looking for but can’t find and are convinced it has been removed from game,etc…

1 Like

I’m not sure “bad” is an accurate term in this case.

From the Season 24 Patch Notes: Seasons

• Ethereal rarity drop rate is set between Ancient and Primal items.

So, we already know that Ethereal items are more rare than Ancient items, but not as rare as Primal. Now, add RNG and we’re probably going to have to work at getting them all.

(Oh, and good luck getting Ethereal items with Powers and Passives you can actually use).

Personal Note:

I’m a casual player. (I put in a lot of hours, but I neither speed rush through the game nor farm efficiently). I’m also very unlucky at finding the best items in the game…   Any game.

Even though I got a slow start, I have currently found 11 Ethereal items. Many of the same type. Mostly on my Demon Hunter. I completed Season 24 on the Americas Region yesterday and have been playing a Barbarian today.

Anyway, Strix and Nefertiri are correct: Bad luck/RNG is not a bug.

2 Likes