Baal vs Azmodan

Baal vs Azmodan ? Who would win ?

Baal of course, He is a Prime Evil and the Lord of Destruction while Azmodan is a Lesser Evil.

I don´t know.

Lore said that the Prime Evils were the dominant heads of the ancient dragon. But Lesser Evils are more dangerous. Prehaps it would be hard battle.

More dangerous to mankind, and only because mankind had little no knowledge regarding them in comparison to the Prime Evils.

Now regarding Baal versus Azmodan. If they battled before the dark exile (pre-Diablo 2 events), then I would say that Baal would win, but he may have some trouble against Azmodan as Azmodan was regarded a tactical genius (ignoring Diablo 3’s campaign that is) and could very well use Baal’s rashness against him.

However, if they battled after the events of the dark exile (pretty much post-Diablo 2 events), then I would have to say that Azmodan would have no chance of beating Baal, as Azmodan’s initial tactical advantage would be rendered nearly useless as Baal would be in the possession of Tal-Rasha’s knowledge.

2 Likes

Baal has more magic power or more psychical strength ?

Hard to say as Baal’s power is usually described as “Destructive” or “Powers of Destruction”; that said he could very well be equally strong in both ways of magic and physical might.

Baal’s minions are supposedly trained in the art of war (according to the Diablo 1 manual) and often described as being both incredibly strong (both physically and magically) and agile; as such it wouldn’t be farfetched to believe that Baal is of the same nature considering most of the minions of the Lords of Hell actually take after their masters in terms of traits and capabilities (just on a smaller scale).

2 Likes

What about Azmodan ? He has great physical and magic power too ? But he is not so destructively like Baal ?

Yes, Azmodan is certainly strong in both physical and magical prowess as well (his status as a lord of hell is pretty much a testament to this), however it’s not on the level of Baal’s might. That said, Azmodan’s greatest strength would be his tactical prowess instead of his magic and strength which is why I believe he would give Baal some difficulties if they fought before the dark exile as Baal wouldn’t have Tal Rasha’s knowledge.

2 Likes

Book of Adria said that , the Mallet Lords thanks for their strenght and brutality , they are dangerous even for the rulers of hell.

So if Belial and Azmodan are dangerous , prehaps it means that they can without problem destroy somebody.

During Diablo 3, Cain himself had stated that the mallet lords were second only to the lords of Hell. As such, while the Mallet Lords were dangerous and difficult, if not impossible, for the Lords of Hell to control, they were in no way superior to the Great Evils. An interesting thought though, I’m sure if more than one of the Great Evils attempted to actually work together, they may have been able to gain the assistance of the Mallet Lords; but that is only a theory.

Regarding Belial and Azmodan, they were only considered truly dangerous by Cain because there was so little information regarding them at the time as they were the only Great Evils who hadn’t went to Sanctuary.

Cain : Your battle with Mephisto and Diablo will pale in comparison to your battle with Baal. The Lord of Destruction aided by Tal Rasha´s knowledke…The mountain itself will tremble when you clash.

With Tal Rasha´s knowled Baal is the most powerful of all Evils.

During the events of Diablo 2 (including the expansion), I believe that was certainly the case. However during Diablo 3, Diablo, upon absorbing the other great evils, became the most powerful of the evils.

Now who will be the most powerful evil in Diablo 4 remains to be seen, although I wouldn’t be surprise if it’s Diablo once again.

2 Likes

True , Dark exile tome says :

The Three Brothers ruled over the Lesser Four by brutal force and malicious cunning. Being the eldest and strongest of the Evils, the Three Brothers were responsible for countless victories against the armies of the Light.

IN a direct confrontation Baal would win hands down…However I do not think Azmoden would fight Baal directly. He would do something more along the lines of manipulating Belial (Through force or fear) to create an opening where he could potentially succeed in defeating Baal…or even set him up in the eternal conflict only to stab him in the back when he became vulnerable. Baal is about Brute force…Azmoden is strategy…Baal would win in fisticuffs Azmoden would win at chess.

Yes,
In a head to head battle, Baal would win. However if Azmodan makes use of his intelligence and stratagem, then Azmodan would have a greater chance at victory. This of course is if we’re talking about Baal before the events of Diablo 2.

Post-Diablo 2 however, Baal would win against Azmodan in both a direct confrontation as well as a battle of wits thanks to him possessing Tal-Rasha’s knowledge.