Baal runs have got to go

I could never get into the infinite Diablo runs, with LoD that turned to Baal runs. You have an entire game world some of which is your favorite areas, mob types, art styles, music.

I still think the bosses like Baal especially should still have a higher chance of better loot and give more exp I also still think the diablo3 approach of the whole world being viable play space isn’t a bad thing. Its moronic game design to have the only path to progress be skilling a few unrewarding levels to get to a portal to lead you to the only person in the game that has any benefit for you.

Keeping Baal at a reward level high enough the rest of the content to make it so the fans of the Baal run still have a reason to do them is fine. But if I want to go farm Kurast as they were my favorite areas i dont see why this would be a bad thing.

This remaster is going to have the same issue all the other remasters have. You have a combination of people with false positive memories because they played the game as children and dont remember how it truly was and then the purists who dont even want the graphics changed they just want to be able to play the same broken game but in 4k.

Ive played many of the games that have all blatantly ripped off diablo2 from the classes to the acts and zones in those acts. ARPG is my favorite genre. I only got into WoW because diablo2 was old and tired and there was nothing new on the horizons. The end game for all these ARPGS still seems to be focused on you needing to start over and a stupid leader board race that very few care about, I would actually like to reach level cap for the first time ever. The tedious nature of leveling in diablo2 just always turned me off, Id rather go work on an alt then run baal 100000 times and try to be the fastest clicker to get the loot

14 Likes

So is your issue just with leveling only? Are you not getting xp when your in Kurast runs? What is the issue you have exactly? Baal gives most xp if thats your focus? Clear anything you want in hell mode long enough and youll get 99? Whats the issue?

15 Likes

Theres always an area that provides the best xp in any game. Baal runs are perfect with great drops. Xp from trav and other hell areas are just fine and could maybe use a very slight xp boost in hell but baal runs are perfectly fine and shouldnt be touched.

22 Likes

If you want to level up your best route is to rush kill Diablo, kill Nith and then Baal run. End game is what you make of it, do you want to make it to 99? Do you want to PvP until ladder resets or run private runs for jsp? D3 end game though is either Grifts or Rifting non stop, going millions of DMG to billions to trillions to wtvthefillions and PvP is pretty much non existant.

3 Likes

Funny how OP has convinced himself that everyone who enjoyed Diablo 2 has false memories, and Diablo 2 isn’t as great as everyone claims because he personally didn’t enjoy Baal runs.

15 Likes

Then why are you even here?

5 Likes

Maybe because he would like it to be different?
I agree with the author that not using all the locations of the game except for the baal is just boring, it proves online D2. It’s definitely cool that someone plays it after so long time, but how many are you 10? 20? Wouldn’t it be better if a lot of new players got interested in the game? No, some players are too old for that, they want the game to be made personally for them, and it just so happens that they speak louder than others
I would like to hope, but looking back of W3R, i understand that the developers are just afraid to change something. Well, okay, Let’s remember this wonderful game again for a couple of months and you and your 20 friends can enjoy this game in peace again.

6 Likes

You could not join the group until they get to the Throne…and in an 8 player game if fast enough you can get a nice bit of exp as the only soloed player. What needs to happen is more more imagination than to just sit in town and wait.

1 Like

Not using any other area than Throne/Baal is actually a choice that you are making.
Any TC85 area with a decent monster density is not only good for item farming, but also for leveling.

The first level where you need to kill Diablo, Nihlathak and Baal to make any noticeable progress is 97.

Most people will never make it any further anyways and the nice thing about D2 is, that you actually don’t need to be even close to max level to be able to compete in MF runs or PvP.

Most builds are fully skilled at ~95, so pushing it any further has very few benefits.

8 Likes

I I agree with what you are saying. I think the spirit of his post is that he wants to have other options available. I do remember cow levels being a lot more fun to run than Baal or any other runs. D2R has so much potential. I hope they continue to support it with new patch content.

4 Likes

Then play a different game, simple as that.

5 Likes

Thats what I plan to do. The modding community is really insane for this game. I cant wait for it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

then play wow. we want our game to stay true to the original

7 Likes

You realize that once your character is 90-95, your build is complete, right? Getting 99 is nothing but 20 extra stat points for more vit or dex for block, and bragging rights. You seem like the kind of person that wouldn’t go for 99, so why not just get 90 and go farm wherever you want? There’s monster level 85 areas in Act 3 such as Disused Reliquary, Forgotten Temple, and Ruined Fane.

My god, you D3 players are absolutely disgusting. Why not just go play D3 if you want every single monster to have the same drop table? Why must you ask them to change D2 to be more toddler-friendly for casuals?

It’s exactly as I predicted a while back. You D3 fans would tell me “If you like D2 so much, go play D2 and leave D3 alone!”, but now if I say “Go play D3 if you hate D2 so much” you will get all upset and not see how hypocritical you are.

I think you need to go back to WoW and stay there if you’re like this. I’m playing Shadowlands right now and it’s fun for what it is, but leave D2 the $*#% alone.

11 Likes

If we liked it when we vere young, new young people will like it too.

What’s your suggested change then?

Would you want all areas to give the same exp per mob kill? Then people will just find the most efficient/least dangerous area and farm that ad infinitum.

Baal is the highest ilevel mob, so he’s the only one that can drop certain loot and best affixes. I don’t think anyone would advocate for loot tables to be changed.

1 Like

I don’t know how realistic this is, but:
I remember POE before adding maps, looking back i understand that farming then, compared to what is now, was incredibly boring.
D3, before the portal system, the farming was also boring, someone may disagree, in the vanilla version everything was a little different, but specifically the farming was more boring. No wonder, in fact, this system is very popular in WoW.
Same thing, i really don’t understand why some people are so opposed to change. For example, I really like WoW TBC and many changes that came later, I think, hurt the game, but there was a lot of good things too.
Convenience and variety is what in my opinion would allow the game to become better and this is reason i don’t play D2 until now.

3 Likes

Like you said if you dont want to run 10000 ball run dont do it work on alt and dont reach 99 its not wow its not d3 its diablo 2 and diablo 2 is like that and its the meta… Dev dont have to change the meta in a remaster the meta is the meta and if you want to farm kuast with mf build i guarantee you will get a ton of high rune anyway thx for now stoping asking dev to rework the fundametal and btw before ballrun in 1.09 we had frigid highland run was it any way better no it was the same … what you think if they nerf ball run will happen an other type of run will be found and pepole will do this instead … (chaos run, Cow run) like there are many contenders…

I think its you that has to go.

7 Likes

If we liked it when we vere young, new young people will like it too.

Not really. The new generation of gamers are more into instant gratification and pay2win, than they are into repetitive grinds. I don’t think D2R is going to appease to the vast majority of young gamers.

4 Likes