Autocast on cooldown?

Can we get Blizzard to give us this option in game, so we don’t have to resort to work arounds/ keyboard binds/ etc? I mean we’ve been asking for it for years, and most characters have at least one skill they want to recast as soon as it’s off cooldown.

Some have multiple… it would be an nice QoL feature that some people can already use.

2 Likes

Nope. most skills that are on a cooldown are not, in fact, autocast on demand. they are casted as needed.

For some builds, things like Wrath of the Berserker, Vengeance, Akkarat’s Champion, and so on are required to have 100% up-time. The OP’s asking for it to be possible to have a toggle where skills can be set to be re-cast as soon as they’re available, not to force them all to be like that.

5 Likes

its impossible to have an uptime on such a long cooldown skill unless you use that two handed axe. even then, its not consistant.

Wrong. Vengeance has the Dawn Legendary plus around 36-38% cooldown. WotB has the Immortal King’s set or Orotz with the Whirlwind set. Akarat’s Champion has a set or around 56% cooldown.

And then there are skills like Fan of Knives/Bladed Armor where 41% cooldown will give you full uptime on the Armor boost.

So you don’t need that axe to achieve full uptime on many skills that one would like cast as soon as it comes off cooldown.

4 Likes

I’ve been playing WW/Rend Barb for a number of years and can assure you it’s definitely possible to maintain 100% up-time on Wrath of the Berserker without the axe.

I’ve also got an Impale DH that can maintain 100% up-time on Vengeance, and an old Condemn Crusader that can maintain 100% up-time on Akkarat’s Champion.

3 Likes

We can now safely ignore everything you say from this point on, simply because you are so very very wrong. If you are going to join the conversation, please at least be correct in your claims, otherwise, you just end up looking foolish.

1 Like

wow is that ever hostile. did you ever consider the possibility that i didnt know it was even possible?

Obviously you didn’t even do a quick internet search, or even a basic in game inquiry to find out before you stated your (wrong) opinion as fact. I’m not here to reward your laziness or ignorance.

Besides, your comments add nothing to the conversation, and if anything detract from it. At least have a basic understanding of a topic before you post.

3 Likes

ah well, you offered absolutely nothing to prove that i am wrong. meteorblade did, though, but, since even he offered no actual proof. what cooldown reductions are there? what items did he use? what skills and what rune did he use? what powers did he use?

since theres no proof, i have to call BS.

Call it what you like, but you’re wrong.
Here, knock yourself out…

My non-seasonal WW/Rend Barb’s Armoury Page
Here’s a d3planner link - https://maxroll.gg/d3planner/329670918

1 Like

there’s 4 buttons with right click and left click…if you can’t be bothered with so few buttons maybe this game isn’t for you?

Pretty sure the issue is not about button presses, but rather making sure you don’t have a gap in uptime. Having the skill refresh itself as soon as it’s off cooldown is more reliable than you pressing the button yourself. Especially if you’re right at CDR cap, no room for error.

3 Likes

Normally I cringe everytime I see a post requesting a QoL adjustment, but this is one I can actually get on board with.

Missing that recast by even a second when you have half the mobs in a rift on you is no Bueno.

And while this season I am slacking, normally, like Meteorblade, my WW/Rend Barb has 100% uptime on WotB without “the axe”. Just because you haven’t gotten there yet Mathalamus, doesn’t make it BS.

1 Like

it all depends on that ring power, i see.

also, please roll the physical damage to lightning on that amulet. unless that somehow affects WotB.

That’s your second grave error in this thread. Third strike and you’re out! :laughing:

1 Like

again, without showing why im wrong. you cant just decide that im wrong without proof. you just look like a bully.

You’re wrong since the primary damage dealer in that build is Rend. He’s using the ww rune for fury generation.

2 Likes

at least you have some sense.

Let me put some sense into your head: instead of saying, it’s impossible to have an uptime on long cooldown. You could have asked, is it possible to have uptime on long cooldowns? Instead of saying, please roll the physical damage to lightning. You could have asked, why do you have physical and not lightning on your amulet?

1 Like