Auto-Gold Pickup Radius Needs Increasing

See…that’s the difference between you and I. Your mindset is “if you can’t do it my way then you don’t get to enjoy it” where my attitude toward the situation would be to find a way to make it something that could be enjoyed by both of us.

Yes there are most definitely physical limitations but they’ve already provided an accessibility feature that works for me. I’m only asking for some options to allow me to effectively use that feature for ALL aspects of the game. That would be like you being told you can’t take a walk through a park because your legs don’t work and hey…we have this wheel chair for you to use…but you can only use it to go from here to there but you can’t use it to wheel yourself over to get a drink.

1 Like

wtf are you talking about? you assume a lot from what i wrote… You know absolutely nothing about how i take care of my disability all i am saying i am not asking for anyone to change anything for me… If they do i am happy (if it actually helps) but if they don’t i couldn’t care less.

Yeah and even more players don’t want it… what is your point? And VV said they wouldn’t add it.

Maybe they can create a separate ladder later with private loot… but it will be released as close as it can be to the original Diablo 2… i got no problem if they make it for two separate ladders but it can’t be in the same ladder.

Well from what I am seeing on this forum, actually a lot more people are for it than against it, I had been on this forum for the past days now and I can actually see that. But lets not assume before there are actual statistics available shall we.

That is an idea that is actually constructive and I respect that, I also have my own suggestions regarding this. Ploot will have the same loot size as FFA, no more no less, loots will be randomly distributed among players that actually contribute to dps the monster (5-10%) so no leeching possible here. This way, economy stays the exact same and people that dont like it can always just play FFA without any impact on their experiences whatsoever and the others can have Ploot as their go to. See, win win no one has to compromise and the game essentially stay the exact same core/mechanic/balance wise.

1 Like

Would actually be fun to watch a separate ladder with ultra wide resolutions and private loot… i wonder how long that crap show would be popular HAHA! And you can take your shame on you and stick it where the sun don’t shine my fine man.

People that don’t have a problem usually do not go and write about their none existing problems on a forum that is why my friend =) They are busy playing the beta.

My friend, this is a beta feedback forum, I have played my fair share of this beta, cleared the game, have 3 characters and cant bother to play more because of the insane high gpu temp/latency so here I am providing feedbacks just like you and many others. If you are also not having any problem then why are you here with me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Eh, I’ve been told to stick worse things down there before.

Seems like a pretty acceptable solution to me. Granted I wouldn’t mind seeing games outside of ladders having options for accessibility during game creation as well.

Because i am an idiot… wasting my time here… Nah i just try to protect the Diablo 2 experience i don’t want all of these wacky changes into the core game… they can be added with mods or as i said separate ladders if they want to make that. Btw i did report some bugs and stuff and got some chars to act 2 and a pala to 30 so i played my share too :slight_smile: i just think the two acts was a bit boring especially because act 3 is my favorite act :stuck_out_tongue:

Outside of the ladders they can make people do whatever they want… i am only caring about the ladder part since that is the competitive part of Diablo 2.

Hey glad to see another pala fan around, believe me when I say that I total respect and understand where you are coming from because I also am an ex D2 player, heck I even played a bit of D1 but was too young and didnt even develop a brain for it yet back in the days. Overall, I definitely agree that FFA is a cornerstone of D2 and it will def not go anywhere however with proper implementation, testing and balancing, others on the opposite camp might get something that they prefer too and we will get a much bigger community to treasure this game together. No one has to lose or compromise anything here.

1 Like

Well time will tell the game it self may have limitations since it is 21 years old… If they can’t add stuff without totally ruining other stuff then they can’t really do anything about it.

1 Like

Yea agree, if it is literally impossible or going to affect any original aspects of the game then I also dont want it. I mostly play solo anyway so solo MF for gears is not a problem for me but I am trying to get a lot of friends into D2R as well and they can appreciate something like Ploot as new players. Well, for all I know these discussions might just be a wild goose chase anyway so not even gonna hold my breathe or anything, just want to have a good clean discussions with others for a game we all love.

2 Likes

same it needs to be like 4 times larger at least. there is way to much loot and gold that drops.

1 Like

I concur with the increase of like 50% pickup radius.

1 Like

Disagree.

I like the fact that you have to work for it. I don’t want the Barb getting all the gold before the Sorc, or the Zon even get close.

There’s a visceral feeling of joy, running around a room filled with gold, and knowing that you are better at collecting it than others (hint: Zoom in).

:wink:

Leave it as is, or make it manual pickup again. This is why you can’t give an inch (pun intended), they want a mile.

I agree radius of pickup needs increasing, clicking on gold is a boring chore that I would otherwise not bother with if the auto-pick doesn’t grab it.