Asheara's zDH followers' guide?

Hey all, I see Asheara’s ZDH all over the four man leaderboards, but I can’t seem to find a consensus video or guide as to how to build each follower for the build.

The two sources I have found are:

• Maxroll’s Asheara’s Mechanics
  • KiABiLLL’s video walkthrough

While I appreciate KiABiLLL’s video walkthrough, the talking style is kind of all over the place and not really focused. If anyone has a better guide, please share!

From what I’ve gathered from the Maxroll vs KiABiLLL’s video, below are the differences.

Scoundrel

Item Slot Maxroll KiABiLLL
Helm Blind Faith Aughild’s
Shoulders Homing Pads Aughild’s
Gloves Cain’s Asheara’s
Chest Tal Rasha’s Blackthorne’s
Bracers Nemesis Bracers Strongarm Bracers
Belt Cord of the Sherma Blackthorne’s
Pants Cain’s Asheara’s
Boots Ice Climbers Ice Climbers
Amulet Flavor of Time Blackthorne’s
Ring 1 Unity Ring of Royal Grandeur
Ring 2 Oculus Ring Oculus Ring
Weapon Cluckeye Windforce

Scoundrel Key Differences

Maxroll’s Scoundrel

• Follower cannot die relic
  • Chance to blind (Blind Faith)
  • 8% attack speed increase (Cain’s 2p)
  • Chance to create chaos field (Cord of the Sherma)
  • 50% chance to cluck (Cluckeye)
  • Pylon effects last twice as long (Flavor of Time)

KiABiLLL’s Scoundrel

• Cooldown reduction relic (follower can die)
  • Reduces damage taken by 15% (Aughild’s 3p)
  • Increases damage dealt by 30% (Aughild’s 3p)
  • Reduces damage against from by 30% (Aughild’s 3p)
  • Increases damage against elites by 30% (Aughild’s 3p)
  • +250 vit (Blackthorne’s 4p)
  • Increases damage against elites by 10% (Blackthorne’s 4p)
  • Reduces damage against from by 10% (Blackthorne’s 4p)
  • Immune to desecrator, molten, and plagued (Blackthorne’s 4p)
  • +100 all res (Asheara’s 3p)
  • +20% life (Asheara’s 3p)
  • Enemies hit by knockbacks suffer 20-30% increased damage for 6 seconds (Strongarms)
  • 30-50% chance to knockback on hit (Windforce)

Templar

Helm Leoric’s Crown Aughild’s
Shoulders Homing Pads Born’s
Gloves Gloves of Worship Cain’s
Chest Tal Rasha’s Aughild’s
Belt Captain Crimson’s Cain’s
Pants Captain Crimson’s Cain’s
Amulet Flavor of Time Flavor of Time
Weapon Thunderfury Born’s
Offhand Wall of Man Stormshield

Templar Key Differences

Maxroll’s Templar

• Follower cannot die relic (same, no diff)
  • Shrine effects last for 10 minutes (Gloves of Worship)
  • Regen 6000 life per second (Captain Crimson’s 3p)
  • Reduces cooldown of all skills by 20% (Captain Crimson’s 3p)
  • Reduces all resource costs by 20% (Captain Crimson’s 3p)
  • Damage dealt is increased by percentage of cooldown reduction (Captain Crimson’s 3p)
  • Damage taken is reduce by percentage of resource cost reduction (Captain Crimson’s 3p)
  • Chance on hit to blast enemy with lightning. Each enemy hit has attack speed and movement speed reduced by 30% (Thunderfury)
  • 30% chance to be protected by shield of bones (Wall of Man)

KiABiLLL’s Templar

• +15% life (Born’s 3p)
  • Reduces cooldown of all skills by 10% (Born’s 3p)
  • Enemies hit by knockbacks suffer 20-30% increased damage for 6 seconds (Strongarms)
  • 25-30% damage reduction from melee attacks (Stormshield)

Enchantress

Helm Mempo of Twilight Sage’s
Shoulders Homing Pads Aughild’s
Gloves Cain’s Cain’s
Chest Tal Rasha’s Aughild’s
Belt Witching Hour Sage’s
Pants Cain’s Cain’s
Amulet Flavor of Time Rakoff’s Glass of Life
Weapon Thunderfury Ahavrion, Spear of Lycander

Enchantress Key Differences

Maxroll’s Enchantress

• 7% attack speed increase (Mempo)
  • 7% attack speed increase (Witching Hour)
  • Chance on hit to blast enemy with lightning. Each enemy hit has attack speed and movement speed reduced by 30% (Thunderfury)

KiABiLLL’s Enchantress

• 8 % attack speed increase (Cain’s 2p)
  • +250 all core stats (Sage’s 2p)
  • Chance on killing a demon to gain a random Shrine effect (Ahavrion)
  • Enemies you kill have a 3-4% additional chance to drop a health globe (Rakoff’s)

Questions

1. The Scoundrel is the only follower not wearing the cannot die relic. Would other followers benefit from a different relic assuming I follow wudijo’s follower guide to hit 25k main stat and 25k armor?
  2. Is Blackthorne’s on the Scoundrel really necessary or would following wudijo’s follower guide to hit 25k main stat and 25k armor sufficient enough for survivability to run Blind Faith + Cord of the Sherma?
  3. Should all followers in this build wear Esoteric Alteration and Mutilation Guard?
  4. Flavor of Time on the followers seems redundant since I’m already wearing one right?
  5. I am usually asked not to run Windforce on my zdh for 150s since it causes lag, but it seems that the Scoundrel should run Windforce and all followers should wear Strongarms. Wouldn’t that also cause lag?
  6. Is Wall of Man really better than the Stormshield for the Templar?
  7. Maxroll’s guide says that Ahavarion is useless since it only procs if the follower gets the kill, but KiABiLLL suggests using it. Would a follower with 25k main stat get enough kills on 150s to make it worth it?
  8. Anything else you would change?

Looking for feedback from ZDH who run this build or those who have played with ZDH who are very familiar with how their followers are set up. Thanks in advance!

Kiabill’s is more correct for Asheara’s, but neither of them are fully optimized for max damage.

Definitely start with finding 3 strongarms, with knockback damage rolls. Then make sure each follower has knockback rolls on their weapons/offhand.

Templar can have 10.1%
Enchantress 7.5%
Scoundrel 55.1%

Ess of Johan will NOT proc your Follower’s Strongarms

This may piss off your zBarb, but when these 3 bastards show up, your team will notice higher numbers.

I am sure Overwhelming Desire works too, but not on RGs.

Asheara’s zDH will CC immune stuff, but that is the trade off.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

So other than rolling knockback on weapons/offhands for all followers, what items/set combos would you suggest for each?

Also interested in the breakdown for the knockback percentage totals. I know for the Scoundrel, he gets 50% from Windforce + another 5.1% from secondary knockback roll.

What weapons should the Enchantress and Scoundrel use?

Also regarding legendary gems, which gems should I wear myself? Iceblink, Enforcer, and Esoteric?

Can you give tips on what you would change for each follower in order to optimize for max damage?

That is not the trade off dm. Quality of pixel prioritses over anything and CC debuff items are overrated. Whats main focus for ashera is crit cloud. Full CC optimized ashera more often than not causes blue champions to take uneven damage and yield negative return in terms of time:progression ratio and disrupts advanced zbarb techniques such as hook stomp (crucial for quality pixel).

I forbid any ashera to equip CC items in my group, except s27.

Jug and I were the original users of ashera. I may write a guide when have time.

Not everything zDH is a 4-man push. This setup does extremely well in 2p, and it has some merit in certain 4p setups, often shaving 16 seconds off the guardian.

In this state of the game, we are very spoiled with Wizard.

I’m sure your team is solely counting on the little 10% additives and Crit Chance from Scoundrel without the CC from knockback/Strongarms as the primary reason for Asheara.

Others who sprinting to the kill sites too, can continue to run with 3 * 30% from Strongarms + the other additives juice and accomplish 3:00-5:00 GR150 clears.

Let’s put it this way, on occasion, I group with non-season 4p record setters, this patch I spent probably 4 hours going at GR150s, I left off at 4:32 — all while shooting the sh-t on Discord. The zBarb was WW too (he’s so awesome).

They don’t care about the CC immunity, they just want to play and understand maps/pylons more heavily influence the clear.

Ik how it works. The build came into META after a discussion between jug and I.

It’s the crit cloud, not so much additives shaves RG kill time. It’s an inspiration from 150 znec on zdh.

Casual runs you can do zdh in 2 man but it doesn’t replace zbarb in ranked clears. Especially wizard dps relies on anti CC to draw zeis distance and amplification of AD. Unlike s27, NS cold is more effective on RG than SP. zB ability to hold mobs onto smouldering debuffed ground is crucial. High KB ashera negatively impacts this w/o ww powered pixel. Not every zdps understands smouldering mechanics unfortunately, more than less thinks it buffs on mobs rather than debuffing ground only.

If a zb is learning, cc management is fundamental.

Jug and I were the original users of ashera. I may write a guide when have time.

Would love a link to the guide whenever you have time to put it together.

High KB ashera negatively impacts this w/o ww powered pixel.

So is the recommendation not to run Asheara’s zdh without a good zbarb? I don’t want to negatively impact my team, just trying to squeeze out an extra bit of buffs to boost their dps. Even 15-30 seconds makes a difference.

Not exactly. I’ll try to explain:

You can run Asheara’s on zDH without CC Follower immunity skills / affix rolls, this helps to avoid muddying up zBarb pixel pull and dragging.

Abella is a very seasoned, methodical player with deep knowledge of this game, so I’d consider his advice:

He says your zBarb will learn faster because any CC Immunity is the result of your zBarb’s own Stomp/Ancient Spears. If you and your Followers introduce CC immunity to various enemies, the zBarb might not understand why the stomp partially worked, or why the trash was only pulled with the first spear, and not the second – they can’t confidently count time between stomps/spears, and figure out how to distribute their own CC immunity across the surronding map. In essence they’ll never learn their true potential in a purist group.

If you spend majority of your time playing zDH, you probably won’t have an issue making an alt with a max damage Asheara’s and all of the CC Immunity fixings anyway – you can try out this version out and see if it makes a noticeable improvement for your team. Be sure to pay extra close attention to the skills chosen on each setup as certain Follower skills unnecessarily produce CC immunity. As I said before, some players don’t mind working around potential CC Immunity – and some groups’ zBarb will never become as legendary as Abella. So in either situation, the extra additive damage w/ CC Immunity might still reduce your clears times. The better players are cognizant of their influence and can adapt accordingly.

1 Like

Thank you for that amazing explanation. I’m still very new to group builds, so bare with me as I’m trying to learn.

Non-CC version (barb friendly):

• Templar: Heal, Loyalty, Onslaught, Guardian
  • Scoudrel: Anatomy, Piercing Shot, Night’s Veil
  • Enchantress: Charm, Prophetic Harmony, Erosion, Focused Mind

CC version (expert barb):

• Templar: Heal, Intimidate, Charge, Guardian
  • Scoudrel: Powered Shot, Anatomy, Piercing Shot, Night’s Veil
  • Enchantress: Temporal Pulse, Prophetic Harmony, Powered Shield, Fate’s Lapse

Are these the right skills that you would use for both versions of the build?

Be sure to pay extra close attention to the skills chosen on each setup as certain Follower skills unnecessarily produce CC immunity.

I wasn’t sure which skills would produce CC immunity.

Templar can have 10.1%
Enchantress 7.5%

Which weapons do you recommend on the templar and enchantress to hit this knockback percentage?

Still a bit lost on the gear setup to maximize the potential of the build. I understand that I am looking for attack speed, cooldown reduction, and knockback percentage on the rolls, but in terms of the legendaries and set items themselves, is Kiabill’s gear setup good enough? Would like to know what you would change, if anything.