Armory loads wrong ring

I was playing my solo necro build grabbing some keys (build loaded from armory). Get an invite to 4 man to do higher GRs. Go to their game and load my RGK from the armory. Beat the GR but my DPS felt off. Check my character and he has a CoE equipped and in the cube. Check my armory load out that shows SoJ equipped as it should be but it loaded me another CoE instead. I’ve lost two gems to the armory now it is equipping wrong gear.

Should be caused by a known issue:

To avoid it, always equip the same ring on the same hand on ALL builds.
Same apply to dual weapon builds.

1 Like

The ring in question is not even equipped on my RGK build so putting it in the same equipment slot is not possible. How about it gets fixed instead.

I don’t get it. Please elaborate.

If you have a different scenario, please state what exactly the rings are in your builds, so that QA team can replicate. If possible, a video will be a great help.

Need Blizzard to answer you, but they seldom respond here. This forum is just for “reporting” bugs, not for Q&A. So, you need to provide enough information.

As an alternative, create a dummy build in Armory. Use it as a transition.

The SoJ can not be cubed, so it must be worn on my RGK. My Necro RGK wears SoJ and Krysbins. Because of the AS breakpoints I need the 7% AS roll on the ring. Krysbins rolls native with AS so I need to wear it for the correct stats and BP. My farming build wears SoJ (a different one) but AS is nearly useless, so Krysbins is almost always cubed and CoE is worn. That is why I simply can not put CoE in the same equipment slot, as doing so would defeat the purpose of optimizing gear rolls.

Creating a dummy build in the armory is not an option either, as I play a wide variety of builds and all 10 slots are in use. Using one as a dummy slot seems janky and gives one less load out.

Just need to tell me:
build 1: left = SoJ , right =Krysbins
build 2: left = CoE , right = SoJ

I don’t think what’s in the cube matters.
If you builds are like the above, simply change:
build 2: left = SoJ, right = CoE

SoJ always on the left, for example.

Problem will be solved.

I will have to check exactly what hand has the rings, but does it matter that the SoJs in use are not even the same ring on both builds? They are different rings with different elements. Even though it may be a bug it seems more likely that the rings would cause a conflict if they were the same item being used. But all four rings are different.

Yes, it matters even if they are two different SoJs.
It is because the Armory swap items one by one. i.e. at a transition, two SoJs are worn at the same time, which is not allowed by the game. Therefore, the swap will fail.

Ok, thanks for the incite. I will check my armory builds that have the same rings (even if it is a different version) and make sure that they are equipped on the same hand.

I reported an issue of losing two legendary gems from switching the armory, and I am fairly confident that they were saved in the ring slots. This may have been a related issue since the builds likely used the legendary rings as well.

I’ve noticed that when I upgrade a build saved in the armory, if I don’t remember to save the upgrade in the armory, I sometimes end of with bad gear or no gear in a slot when I switch to that set using the armory.

That’s not a bug. (*)

Agree. Not a bug. May be an explanation for your problem.